April 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 2/26

We used to be going strong, not sure what happened to it! Also not sure how to start these so I guess the last one Ill just put something random?

How many weeks are you/baby's size?

How are you feeling?

Any appointments this week?

Rants/raves/questions?

GTKY: Are you doing classes before birth? (FTMs & STMs)

Re: Monday Ticker Change 2/26

• How many weeks are you/baby's size?
    33 Weeks! Size of a Junior Tennis Racquet. WOW. 

How are you feeling?
    I am feeling pretty good, this LO is definitely lower then my DD, so I have been having lots more pain down there and weird feelings. 

No appointments this week, but another one next week. Every two weeks now, which is crazy!!!

Rants/raves/questions?
    My Rant/Rave is I have gone stir crazy and nesting like crazy! Just making sure everything is ready for the new baby and going thru stuff and washing and CLEANING LIKE CRAZY. It's good to get it all done, but I know I need to relax a bit before the baby comes too. Also, going crazy about packing a bag for the hospital and what I should get ready for my DD for when she isnt with us and what my husband needs.Just basically packing for 4 people and not packing too much and not packing too early. :) Anyone else?
    I am not doing any classes this time. BUT I do suggest for FTM to take a class. It really doesnt matter how much you think you know about kids, unless you're in the profession learning about the ins and outs of childbirth and the stages is SO helpful. I also took a breast feeding class first time around, but honestly its so hard to know what they're even talking about until you experience it, so not sure if that was beneficial for me or not.
  • I haven't posted in a while because the app would kill my battery on my phone. Anyone else have this issue?

35 weeks, pineapple!

How are you feeling?
    Since baby girl tried making an appearance at 34wks, I've been trying to rest but also get stuff done around the house. I'm still having the cramping and tightness every so often so I just sit for a minute or so to make it go away. I told hubby we need to get done asap so I can truly relax like I'm suppose to.

My preterm labor episode was the kick in the ass I needed to nest haha. And I've been cleaning and organizing like crazy! @itsrandiyo I haven't even attempted to pack a bag yet but I do remember overpacking when I went in with DD. Luckily my parents already have 2 outfits and pjs for DD so we'll just have to put her in the car. I just hope to have everything in order to be able to relax even a few days if this LO decides to come early!

I go Thursday for a check up.

Rants/raves/questions?
    When I went for my last checkup, I met the new dr in the office because there's a chance she could deliver me...and I don't like her. From 20wks on I was on pelvic rest due to placenta previa. It wasn't until Feb 6th did the ultrasound show that it resolved itself. My baby is measuring pretty big but so did my first. This dr basically told me I need to diet and excercise so she doesn't get any bigger. I haven't gained weight anywhere else on my body, it's all in the front. 4 days later I had my preterm labor episode and was treated by a better dr in the office, but the new one discharged me saying back to work and back to normal activity. Then not even an hour home from the hospital, I get a phone call from the office saying that the treating dr has taken me out of work indefinitely. When I told them that the new dr had said the complete opposite, they said absolutely not and I'm out of work. Maybe they'll get rid of her??

As a STM, I won't be attending classes this time around. I think I remember how to do everything? Haha. I agree though that FTMs should attend. I took a breastfeeding one and it was definitely helpful.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • StephieMK How scary with your preterm labor! I hope she stays in there a little longer!! I would be SO frustrated with the new doctor! Holy cow! You should never be put on a diet pregnant, I understand telling you to cut out sugars or something but thats about it..and you cant just START exercising 34 weeks into pregnancy. My goodness. The online mom group I am apart of in my area had a question that if the doctor on call is a doctor you do not want to deliver your baby  you can refuse their service. I am not sure if that is the case in your area, but in mine that is perfectly okay and they will call the midwife on call or call in an OB if it is agreed upon before hand that you will not have that person deliver your baby. But, if that kind of advise was given (the complete opposite) I would FOR SURE put in a complaint too.
  • @itsrandiyo baby is definitely lower than she has been for me. I went from constant back pain to now lots if front pain and lightening crotch.

@StephieMK such a scary experience, glad LO is still cooking!

34 weeks! Size of a butternut squash/ 4.75ish lbs.

How are you feeling?
    Great! Back pain is gone and I've pretty much accepted the heart burn that is happening. Been noticing BHs much more but nothing painful. Feeling much more social than I have throughout my pregnancy. Been kinda headachey which I need to bring up with doc but glad to not be very uncomfy 

Friday normal checkup/ check in with my doctor since I had to go in last week!

Rants/raves/questions?
    Woke up last night to it POURING outside when it was 70 degrees and sunny yesterday. Dang it San Diego, what are you doing !? I don't want to go to work now :(.

We are not. FTM but my fiance and I have very different schedules and  are trying to save before baby. Were both huge readers and have been watching all things new baby and childbirth on YouTube. Our doctor told us he was comfortable with that and it was only a matter of whether or not we wanted a hands on experience so that's what we're doing. I've been prepping so much and found very good unmedicated birth info online and have been reading tons into it. I know I'll be less prepared than I want to be either way, but I'm confident I've done the best I can  :)
  • priestess619 Its always good to do research :) thats all you can really do. No one is actually prepared. 
    Also...it was like 35 yesterday and I felt like I was in the tropics so....I cant relate to the rain lol 
  • @itsrandiyo I honestly was wondering that myself, if I can refuse her if she's the on call dr. At this point I just don't trust her medical opinion. I may even ask if they'd induce me (as bad as that sounds) just to avoid her.

@priestess619 Thank you! It's a relief that she's still cooking. Today I have my OB appt so I'm curious what they'll say. Also, with all the reading and videos you are doing, you're probably going into being a FTM more prepared (as prepared as one can be) than I was taking my one class!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker