August 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion 2/22

124»

Re: Unpopular Opinion 2/22

• Everything @msmonalisavito said.
    But also, @dirtanddiamonds I'm not understanding your point. The SRO DID volunteer to do exactly what you're saying teachers should be allowed to do. And he wasn't able to do it. So why would teachers be more capable with much less training?
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Also. Despite the media fear mongering. Studies show we actually live in a safer world overall. All things included. We hear about stuff more. Because social media. But we are safer today than we were 50 or 100 years ago. 

Something to ponder. 
    Mass shootings are the exception to that trend though. We are safer in terms of less violent crime, less abduction of children, those types of things however the rate of mass shootings (in the USA) has not followed that trend.

• Loading the player...
  • Ok, here is a strong one to turn a corner LOL

Im looking forward to a Facebook group. Mobile bump sucks- I don’t see any of the tickers, siggies etc. and it drains my battery like crazy. And it’s so much easier to see all the discussions. And the crazies  :D:D
  • So much to catch up on!

1) pizza is amazing in pretty much all it's forms except for deep dish (sorry Chicago) and those crazy people who sweeten their tomato sauce. 

2) I love Harry Potter and will probably do a family Harry Potter costume for Halloween. 

3) I'm also a hard no for arming teachers. I think most of my concerns were addressed by others. Also while I think it's important to keep schools as safe as possible I think just addressing schools is missing the overall issue of gun violence and mass shootings in America.

4) We have a lot of issues contributing to high costs of healthcare in the US, most of which I personally believe are caused by it being a for-profit system (insurance, medical supplies, drugs, etc) and how difficult it is for people to price shop since prices generally aren't advertised. 

If something isn't covered by insurance and you have concerns about being able to pay you should always call the doctors/hospital finance department and try and make a deal. If it goes to collections they'll likely only get half of what they're owed so it's in their best interest to work with you. Won't always work but worth a try. 
  • Everything @msmonalisavito said.
    But also, @dirtanddiamonds I'm not understanding your point. The SRO DID volunteer to do exactly what you're saying teachers should be allowed to do. And he wasn't able to do it. So why would teachers be more capable with much less training?
    His only job was security. His only job. And he didn’t do it. I don’t want to have to depend on someone else for my safety because people crack under pressure all the time. 

Living out out in the sticks the response time for police can be upwards of 30 minutes, so basically everyone is armed since we can’t necessarily depend on a timely police response. 

Teachers shouldn’t be required to carry. Nobody around here is required to carry. But they should be allowed to. Always good to have a backup plan. For this reason and more. In my opinion.