Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Introduction thread week of February 19

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Me: 38 DH:39
TTC #2 - August 2016
MFI
IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18

Re: Newbie Introduction thread week of February 19

• Hi, all! I hope I'm posting my intro in the right place. 

Ages (you and SO): 
    I'm 37 and my DH is 33. 

How many months have you been TTC? 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? charting (just started about a week ago), OPK, all the things

Tell us about yourself! My DH and I have been married six years and we have an almost 2-year-old daughter. She's walking and talking and generally hilarious. We're just now starting to try for a second so I thought I'd get myself back on the Bump. I was active on TTGP and the April 2016 birth month board way back in the day, and I really loved the community. Hobbies include books (currently reading Celeste Ng's Little Fires Everywhere), cooking/baking, and really bad reality TV (Bachelor Winter Games, anyone?). Hope to see you all in the daily threads soon.

• Loading the player...
  • @caybb352 - wow that is quite the journey.  Tw loss * I also had an ectopic but at 9 weeks. I had to have a lap as well but my left tube was removed. *end tw I felt like I was watching a movie when I read your story.  Welcome and I hope it's less eventful for you this time :)
  • @knitknit Welcome! I hope your stay is short.

@caybb352 Wow. What a road you have been on. I am so happy that your DS2 is happy and healthy. I hope your stay here for #3 is short, sweet and uneventful!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Hello! New to these threads, hoping for some insights and maybe to help anyone out! Was not very active on message boards with my first, but would like to be this time!

Ages (you and SO):
    34 both

How many months have you been TTC? 1

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? OPK testing

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 2.5 year old daughter, love baking, board games, music and Pound fit classes!

• Ages (you and SO): I'm 40, Wife is 36

How many months have you been TTC? Umm...I think the first attempt was September 2017, so...*counting*...about 6 actively. Been working with fertility doctors and endocrinologist since early 2013, though, largely because I'm diabetic and they wanted my a1c lowered.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? This is our 3rd IUI cycle.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Well, I'm currently working as a bakery clerk at The Fresh Market...I do a lot of pastry decorating, writing on cakes, etc. We're working on getting a business of our own started so I can actually bake instead of decorating frozen stuff. Working on baby number 1, hoping this cycle is the one! We have 2 guinea pigs, Paige and Phoebe. We spend a lot of time spoiling our 4 nieces and 2 nephews. I'm also trying to get a blanket made in time for the arrival of our third nephew in April...currently it looks more like a scarf LoL Here's hoping I get it done!

• I finally get to post something. 
    Age: 32 early next month and my hubby that I actually call “dear”  is 35
    How many months? We just started.
    WAYDTGKU? I like to research and know as much as possible before I jump in so I’m still reading (Taking Charge of You Fertility). I recently started charting which isn’t bad since I already track my food and fitness.
    About us: We’ve been married ten years. We have 13 nieces and nephews. I love to watch my DH play with the kids. We don’t have any of our own. I was one step away from cervical cancer 8 years ago. Then my DH had testicular cancer 5 years ago. Then my PCOS was so bad my doc put me on birth control which gave me migraines so I quit like 8 months in. Other than that we have not tried to prevent but not actively tried. Unlike my sister who I call Fertile Myrtle(she has 4 DS), I haven’t just magically became pregnant so now I’m researching and tracking and trying. Oh and we have a dog named Dixie (she’s ten) and a cat named Mister (he’s 6 months). And yes my dog thinks the cat is her pup and he doesn’t mind at all. I think that’s us in a nut shell... oh wait and we love to play games (video, computer, phone, board it’s all great).