September 2018 Moms

Weekly questions 2/18

2»

Re: Weekly questions 2/18

• I agree @EErin86

Sorry for the tangent @lablover78. I do hope people offer suggestions of pregnancy-safe skin care products because I need some. I didn't notice how bad it was getting until last week. 
  • I *knew* my first was a girl from 10 weeks on and she was - I really wanted a girl, too, so I am sure that added to how convinced I was! This pregnancy has been exactly like my first but I don't have a feeling either way and really don't have a preference. I also don't feel in a rush to find out, although we will at my anatomy scan at 19 weeks and I am looking forward to that moment with my DH because it was so special last time! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @Patience7150 I'm team "you'll find out sooner or later, so why not sooner".  ;);) I'm desperately waiting for the results of the cell-free DNA test to come in hopefully any day now!
  • With DS my hair and nails were Ahhh-mazing. I did have quite a few breakouts. No MS. I was sure boy but that was also because my  (then) non beleive of a father had a waking vision about a grandson. So far this go-round hair and nails are doing great again, minor breakouts and no MS. I have no gut feeling yet. 10 more weeks to develop 1 to find out if it was right. My dad was saying twins were next. I haven't brought it up this time cause I don't want him to be right.....
  • Oh and @EErin86 I also agree we need to have an old wives tail thread when we get closer to anatomy scan time!
  • FWIW, my midwife recommended fem dophilus probiotics. It's pretty pricey but it was a last couple weeks attempt to not have to have the IV in for group beta strep. I got retested at 40 weeks and tested negative so I got out of that one. Don't know if it's any better than others but it worked for what I wanted!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MS and acne over here with a boy. 
  • I have no idea what we are having! I’m not breaking out and my hair is looking good. But I’ve been very sick and totally exhausted. We are finding out after our 12 week tests next week. So, my question is - how will we find out and is there anyway to make it special? I am picturing that the results will come in with my blood tests and those get posted to my online healthcare portal. and I’m worried that I will accidentally see it. I want us to find out together and have it be special. Any recommendations? 
  • @lablover78 if you don’t mind animal products in your skincare (I know some people are vegetarian/vegan) I have been using Fatco products for the last two years and am in love! I’ve struggled with acne as long as I can remember and my skin has never been so consistently clear. It’s oil cleaning, so it may take a few weeks for your skin to adjust to/ get rid of yuck. Also be sure to purchase the pregnancy-safe moisturizer. It’s a bit pricey but lasts a long time. I think I purchase it every 4ish months. 
  • @magnolia209 can you ask your doctor to put it in an envelope or email you separately? Or you could give your login to someone you trust and have them write it down for you. I know a lot of people who took the envelope to a cupcake/balloon place to have someone give them a pink/blue filled cupcake/balloon to pop.
  • I’m enjoying reading everyone’s guesses/reactions relative to their symptoms and the baby’s sex. This pregnancy has been darastically different than my previous (boy). Time will tell if that goes with the saying of opposite sex. Admittedly I’d love to have a girl but will obviously be happy either way. I had the Harmony test which thankfully provided good results but didn’t indicate sex like it has for others. I will have to wait till my ultrasound on March 20th to find out. I think I have pregnancy rhinitis which has been extremely annoying. I’ll be talking about it with my doctor when I see her on Tuesday. Anyone have experience pregnancy rhinitis?  
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• @xxkberxx I just started having pregnancy rhinitis this week. It’s not unbearable though so I’m going to try to just let it be for now. 
  • @klj0228 I’ve found warm showers, a humidifier and doing a Neti pot have been the most helpful so far. Sorry you’re dealing with it too. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Also, I'm very annoyed right now waiting for a nurse to call me. I had some spotting yesterday. Bright red when I wiped and then darkened over the hour and eventually nothing. Had some slight brown/red streaked discharge a little while ago and 1 constantly poking discomfort near my pelvic bone on the right. I know it's not uncommon and I had it with my first (though earlier, not at 10.5wks) so I'm not like super worried. I'm just annoyed that they are taking 2+ hrs to call me back.
  • @prpl11butterfly that is very annoying, I don’t know any pregnant woman who wouldn’t worry at least a little with spotting. Waiting is the worst, hope they get back to you soon and all is well.
  • Just hung up w/nurse. Now she will consult with OB and call me back to let me know if they want me to monitor or go in for US. Of course this is all while DH is out of town. I'm keeping him appraised and now he's nervous :expressionless: . She doesn't sound worried and was laughing when I told her I clench when I sneeze so I don't pee (because she asked about straining for a bm)
  • @prpl11butterfly Fingers crosses it isn’t anything serious. Thinking about you 
  • Thanks @spottedginger. I don't *feel* like it's anything worrisom but wanted to let the experts make the call. It's gone, but I do need to stop constantly using the ladies room to confirm. Doesn't help that work is soooo slow today so my mind wanders. And still waiting on that call back with the OBs decision.....
  • @SweetSweetTooth I was team green last time and my bff (due one month earlier and team pink) was so mad at me for being team green and on top of it all the wives tales were evenly split for boy/girl! I had fun with it though