April 2018 Moms

February Questions

2»

Re: February Questions

• Congrats! Glad the estimations were both off! 5lbs is such a good weight! Glad you're both doing well, does she get to stay out of the NICU? 
  • Loading the player...
  • No idea how long she will be in NICU, depends on how she is doing. She was breathing on her own when she was born but they are still watching. She has to be on iv fluids and antibiotics, might have to a nasal gastric feeding tube put in. 
  • Oh okay! I hope she doesnt have to be there for long! 
  • Is anyone experiencing numbness and tingling sensation in their hands? My hands and feet are really swollen. 
  • @Apthor02 - so glad baby girl was as heavy as she was!  Hopefully she has minimal time in NICU. Congrats to all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @danniluv sometimes when I sleep. Swelling can be a symptom of pre eclampsia, when is your next appointment? 
  • @luna8433 Its March 12th. 
  • @Apthor02 congrats! Glad everything is going well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Apthor02 congrats! Hope you and baby are doing great!
  • danniluv My last pregnancy I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel last time and it was miserable *fingers crossed not much this time*, I am guessing that may be what you are experiencing. If its at night, I would wear a brace on your hand. Also, like Luna said make sure you bring the swelling up to your doc, is your blood pressure been okay?
  • edited February 2018
    @Apthor02 congrats on your little girl!! So glad you two are doing okay :) 

I have a question for everyone, so this is my second pregnancy/baby & with my first I didn’t start getting Braxton Hicks until around 36+ weeks. I started getting them with this pregnancy around 28-30 weeks (I can’t remember) but just starting this last week I’ve started to get actual contractions. They’re totally random, not timeable, & I only get 1-2 a day IF that. I didn’t experience this with my first so I’m not sure if this is normal the second time around? I’m 34 weeks today & there is no change in discharge, no bleeding, & no leakage of fluid. Anyone else experiencing this? I’m not concerned but should I just go ahead & call my OB? 
  • @alexismchumley they may just be stronger Braxton hicks as you are getting closer to having baby. I'd get checked out if you think they are contractions. I'm 34+4 and I know personally that my Braxton hicks are getting stronger and more painful. This is my third baby and they have gotten earlier and stronger with each pregnancy. Definitely get it checked out if you think they are contractions.
  • @midnight-muse the only reason why I’m assuming they’re actual contractions is because they feel how my contractions felt with my first when I was going into labor. Like menstrual cramps that start in the lower abdomen & then radiates towards my back, along with my stomach getting hard. I’ll be calling my OB today to give her a heads up & see what she says. Thank you! 
  • @Apthor02 Glad baby was a good size! Hoping her NICU stay is short and uneventful.

@danniluv I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel this time around. I was suffering from numbness and tingling, especially when I would wake up in the morning. I've been out of work since the 18th and it's significantly improved. I guess because I'm not using my hands/a computer as much. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @StephieMK I have a office job and maybe that's it, I will ask my dr about it during my next appointment. 
  • @itsrandiyo my blood pressure is always normal. But my right hand is driving me crazy! Its numb, stiff, and has a tingling sensation on the tips of my fingers.
  • danniluv thats good about the blood pressure then they shouldnt be concerned about pre-clampsia.  I was pregnant in the summer last time and when I swelled my carpal tunnel was ALWAYS worse. So I am sure that is :( it really stinks. Good thoughts for you!!