April 2018 Moms

February Questions

I hope you ladies don't mind, but since it it quieter now I thought a monthly question board instead of weekly would work best.

Re: February Questions

• So I do have a TMI question. This morning I woke up with a rash on the inner most part of my thigh. It's in a place that it might just be a heat rash and if I wasn't pregnant that's what I would like it was. However, has anyone had a rash like this, or know a pregnancy condition this may be a symptom of?
  • @luna8433 Good idea on the monthly questions board!  Is your rash itchy?  I got a "rash" toward the end of my first pregnancy that was on my inner thighs and belly.  It turned out to be PUPPS, which is common in pregnancy- especially in first pregnancies and/or when carrying a boy.  It was incredibly annoying and I wanted to crawl out of my skin because it was so itchy!  There's not much you can do about it other than try to keep your skin hydrated and try anti-itch tricks like oatmeal baths, coconut oil, etc.  It goes away after delivery!  If your rash is getting itchy, it could be the start of PUPPS!  It's also totally possible that it's just a heat rash, like you said!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @growingournest it doesn't itch, I think the best way to describe it might be a burn. If something rubs it it, or my skin stick together it feels irritated.
  • I have a question that might be TMI but how much discharge is to much? my Dr told me I would have some i just don't know if I should be concerned or not 
  • @growingournest ugh PUPPPS. I had it to my last pregnancy and thought it was a heat rash at first because it was the end of May and it started to get really hot. When I was itching until my skin bled I realized it was more than a heat rash. However, @luna8433 I've been getting the same rash that you describe on and off on my inner thigh this pregnancy. Definitely different than PUPPPS. I noticed its only when I wear certain pants, so it may have to do with the material of the clothes your wearing. Also, I notice it more when I'm sweating and the combo of the moistness with the rubbing may be causing it. Try to keep the area dry and clean and see if that helps.
  • @sunshine27shy I am having a lot of discharge at the moment. As long as it doesn't have an odour, has a bloody tinge (I think that happens nearer to delivery date) or fills a sanitary towel you should be alright. I Google every little thing and I've also asked my midwife this. I constantly feel damp and worry it's my waters. It's not. Joys of the third trimester.

• midnight-musemidnight-muse member
    edited February 2018
    Is anyone getting really aggravated at the slightest little thing? I have no patience for anything at the moment. I think I was like this with my other two kiddos as delivery date started to creep up :| I'm so snappy with my partner and can't stand some of the things he does at the moment :D he left a cheese wrapper on the sofa and I had a go at him! Any ideas on how to calm myself down a little? What do you do when you get stressed? I'm so feisty ha!
  • @midnight-muse no help but I am getting the same way. I snapped at a student the other day and said some things I shouldn't have. It was bad enough that I needed to apologize.  I am taking a few days off next week just to get a break from the stress. 
  • I am right there with you ladies with the snappiness. I can't tell if it's my exhaustion or stress. I also go back and forth feeling like 7 weeks feels like forever and then not enough time to get everything ready. Plus, I was two weeks early with my first so I mentally subtract that time when planning (although watch this time I'll be a week late). 
  • I’m not snappy, I am more weepy. I cry at the drop of a hat right now. Silly things will make me cry. I was reading a book and not super emotional was happening but I still start tearing up. 
  • Man, I haven't been on in a while because the app would drain my battery and not work that well but it's gotten quiet! My question is I guess geared more towards STMs. I am STM myself but didn't have this with my first. I'll be 34wks tomorrow (due Apr 2nd). Used the bathroom this morning and had a huge bleed. Currently laying in L&D and they say I'm in preterm labor. I'm not ready! Anyone experience a bleed/preterm labor this far along and was able to stay pregnant just a few weeks longer?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @StephieMK.  Best wishes that things turn out ok.  No advice to give, but hang in there!!
  • @midnight-muse I am super short tempered. I have been taking lots of baths to help me relax but for the most part just who I am currently. 
    @StephieMK I don't have any advice with this being my first but I am sure the Drs and nusres will know exactly what to do to help. good luck I hope everything goes well
  • @StephieMK no prior experience, but good luck. Do the doctor's think they can stop it?
  • @StephieMK so sorry you are going through this. I am sure the doctors will do everything they can to stop the early labor. I don't have any experience, but I was born 7 weeks early. I stayed in the NICU for 4 weeks and had no long-term health complications. Prayers for you and your little one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • thats awesome to hear thanks for the update I hope you can go home pregnant today 
  • Great to hear! Hope the contractions keep getting less
  • @StephieMK great news that you made home pregnant. I've heard girls do well even if they come early but she needs to stay in until fully baked.Do they have u on bed rest?
  • I am now joining to crew of people having to go to l&d earlier then planned. Started having mild contractions around 3:30am, every 2-5 mins apart. Gotten more painful. Now 6:30am and I am in the hospital, 3-3.5cm dilated they will check again soon and see when I’m at. 33weeks today. 
  • @Apthor02 hope the can stop it. 
  • @Apthor02, oh no. Baby needs to stay in there. Wishing you all the best. Please keep us updated.
  • @Apthor02.  Best wishes for the best outcome for you and your baby!!!
  • @Apthor02 Hope they can get them to stop
  • @Apthor02 wishing you the best possible outcome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I mentioned a while back that I haven't decided on a hospital yet. I am still torn between the two because they are both good hospitals. Other than a bigger pull out bed for the husband the one hospital has a tub you can labor in. With my 1st I didn't have the option for a tub but so have heard they are amazing. The hospital with the better NICU just has a shower. 

My question for those who have labored in a tub, how much did it help? Would you go through another labor without it?
  • @luna8433.  I've never been in labor yet to help answer your question, but I did find it interesting that one hospital mentioned that the tub would not be available if your water broke.   I think because of infection possibilities.  Might want to check policies and that may help you decide?
  • Ive never had a water birth, but personally. I would rather have a better NICU just in case over a bath tub to labor in.. 
  • @Apthor02 hopefully you can get some rest. It sounds like things have been pretty exhausting for you so far. Over 6 lbs! It sounds like baby was further along than you knew, which would be great news. Hope the doc gives you some reassurance.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Apthor02 hope she really is 6 lb and stays in for a while longer, that would be great. 
  • @Apthor02 hopefully the dr coming in can give you some better answers. and whatever outcome has to happen baby and mom are healthy 
  • That's great that she is 5lb for 33wks. So glad to hear you are both doing great. Is she in the NICU? If so did they give you an estimate of how long?
  • Apthor02 Congrats on your baby girl. So glad she is 5lb 9oz that is crazy! Sorry it didnt workout how you expected, but I am also glad you both are doing great. 
  • congrats glad you're both doing well