Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 2/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans?

Re: WTO Tuesday 2/13

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD:4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CoQ10, Baby Aspirin, Methyl Folate, and staying hydrated

R/R: Could be both. I am starting my first injections on Humira to try to control my psoriasis tomorrow and I hope it helps but I am not thrilled to have to give myself a shot every other week. I have given myself shots before during fertility treatments but it wasn't my favorite thing to do. 

CS/Q: none 

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? I may have to make pancakes for brinner now. 
  • Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 
    My friend wants me to try feng shui… That’s a bit of a stretch for me. Even acupuncture is pushing it but, for me, I think it’s more a state of mind that I’m looking to get from it.

R/R: 
    The last couple days have been rough TTC days for me… In spoiler because ***TW pregnancy

AF showed up early this weekend so that was a slap in the face. We had a going away party for my cousin who is moving to Germany with his daughter and pregnant wife. So it was really hard to see this happy family pretty much doing exactly what my dream is. Then yesterday a friend of mine took me out to lunch to tell me him and HW are expecting.  They started trying a few months after we did and had decided to give up and get him “fixed” a couple weeks ago. Then surprise she’s pregnant. So the whole “stop trying” thing came up again.  Then another friend of mine that has been trying for 2 months told me yesterday she’s late and thinks she’s “finally” KU. A third friend of mine was due on Sunday so I’m waiting for the call that she’s had/having her baby. To top it off, if we had gotten pregnant the first month we decided to try we would have been due around this time with our Ireland baby…

CS/Q: How do you stop obsessing!?  I feel like I’ve gotten worse lately.  I would really like to just enjoy my life the way it is because once/if we get KU everything will change. Why can’t I just do that?

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans?
     Just another normal Tuesday for me.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: WFAF -CD 34

WAYDTGKU: All the ineffectivene things

R/R: I have no idea what is up with my body right now. AF is of course taking her sweet time to show when I need her to start ASAP so I can get my BW done before leaving for my work trip. And because of the flu I’ve had for a week now I’m super far behind and haven’t even started packing. Ugh. I need my body to cooperate and get healthy by Friday! And I need to get my butt in gear and get organized to go.

CS/Q: nope, the month I don’t chart of course everything goes haywire!

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? No to all those. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LJMoon6  It's the absolute worst when everyone in the world seems to be pregnant. I wish I knew the secret to not obsessing. My coping mechanism in the past has been drinking all the alcohol "while I still can." Probably not the healthiest strategy. Oops.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: opk's , pre seed, hio sooon

R/R: Nothing really today. Did anyone watch the olympics snowboarding last night? It's weird how the olympics can get me all involved in a sport I have never once cared about in my life. Anyway, it was fun watching Chloe Kim win.

CS/Q:

Eh, mh mentioned it was Fat Tuesday to me yesterday and suggested we go get blasted (jokingly). So I only even know its Fat Tuesday or day before lent because he told me that. And I've never heard of shrove Tuesday, but pancakes sound pretty good.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Month/Cycle:15/15

CD:24

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: My thermometer died this morning so that messes up my chart.

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? No plans
  • @caybb352 Pancakes for brinner sound wonderful! Pancakes are a good decision at all times haha.
    @LJMoon6 Ugh, everything in your spoiler makes my heart hurt for you. In regards to obsessing, it's just really hard! You're definitely not alone! I had to Pinterest how to keep my mind off the TWW. Just try to stay busy, and stay positive. That's all we can do! 
    @elothair I hope you start to feel better soon! The flu and stomach bug have been brutal this season! 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R: Rant: No longer LP for me this cycle :(. OB appointment Thursday for what I hope will be a hormone panel. I believe my progesterone is low, as my LP is running about 8 days. Anyone had any experience with this? Rave: Going out to dinner tonight! Looking forward to it because, food haha.

CS/Q: Not at the moment.

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? No I don't! 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, CP, OPKs, BD, Prenatal

R/R: Rant: SO update on my abdominal pain. As of last night, I am 85% sure that I have kidney stones!! My pain has been okay minus a few twinges every now and then. Last night right as I was peeing my bladder area felt SO PAINFUL! It felt like contractions and just came in waves! It died down after about 15 minutes, and it was just a radiating pain. I've never had kidney stones before, but from Dr. Google, it makes sense. The pains started higher on my abdomen last Wednesday and I had severe right side and back flank pain that got lower, which makes sense that it could have been kidney stones passing from my kidney to my bladder. It doesn't hurt every time I pee though, but my back/flank hurts like a throbbing achy pain since last night. Sooo I don't know! This is good right? At least it's not serious. I think I'll be (finally) headed to the doctor tomorrow since H is off work. Unless I miraculously have no more pains.
    Rave: Going to Benihana for lunch with my bestie today! Excited about that!

CS/Q: I took my first OPK last night, and it was super positive, and I took another this morning and it was super positive. BBT is still low, no rises.  My chart in the Spoiler. (SO MUCH GREEN FERTILE CM HOLY CARP. What's up with that?)

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? We don't really celebrate any of these days, BUT pancake day sounds like a fun one to celebrate haha!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @LJMoon6 Its so hard to see everyone seem to pass you by in this "race" to have a baby. You see everyone else's life changing while yours isn't being changed in the one way you so so want it to. It is so so hard, sending ((Hugs)). Its really important to try to take care of yourself and stay distracted, Do you have any hobbies or could you take a class that you are interested in just to keep your mind off it? Invest in a massage membership or anything that helps you relax? Find little ways, give yourself a pedicure and a long bath, join one of those monthly delivery box services, bake cookies every week and eat them or just give them away to neighbors and co-workers.

I know that is easier said than done. I obsessed for so long and I think the only time I wasn't obsessing was when I had given up hope. I found that just staying distracted was the best medicine and really trying to be mindful of how much I thought about it. Giving in to my obsession at night for X amount of time then trying to move on. 

Again, its easier said than done ((hugs)).    

@elothair I hope AF shows up soon and your body gets it together! 

@meladams10 I am so sorry that you are having short LP's. I have a lot of experience with this and it is definitely worth talking to your Dr about. Print out your charts and bring them in so that you can have paper copies to show them that you are tracking either with temps and/or OPKs and know your body so they don't dismiss you, make them look at the charts. Progesterone testing is done at 7 DPO so you may have to wait for confirmation on whether you have confirmed low progesterone. If you have borderline low progesterone then still ask for supplements because they cant hurt but may help. Be your own advocate on this because so many OBs will just try to brush off a low progesterone Dx. 
  • @LJMoon6 SO sorry about all your going through. That's soo hard! As far as how you stop obsessing...I wish I had an answer! I need to know too...
    @rosebud332 I love any of the snow sports! I don't really get to watch it since we don't have cable. Sad day...but I have watched some highlights on youtube and whatnot. Funny story, my husband is OBSESSED with curling. He want's to do it so bad. Haha!
    @Stargazer1lily So sorry your therm died! That super sucks!

• @caybb352 Thank you.. I was wondering at what time in the cycle they would want to test! I wonder if it's even worth TTC this month? Do you think they would start me on supplements before testing, or is that not something they typically suggest? Did you start supplements and if so, how did they work for you?
  • @meladams10 don’t take the month off TTC, I would treat it like any other cycle. They won’t prescribe progesterone until after testing is completed because going on progesterone before the test would give a falsely high result. 

I am on progesterone one during my 2WW starting at 3DPO. I take mine orally though I know most OBs prescribe vaginal supplements. I opted for oral because it suits me and my lifestyle best. I take 200mg twice a day until 13 or 14 DPO when I can take a PG test then if/when it’s negative I stop the supps and let AF come. The supplements are a necessity for me but not one I enjoy for several reasons a few of which are that I can never just have a natural cycle, I always need to take a PG test and see the negative so I can stop the progesterone, and it makes me dizzy for a few hours afterwards. But they work and do raise my progesterone up to a more natural level. 

I am happy to answer any other questions if you have them! 
  • Month/Cycle: 23/16

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: buncha stuff

R/R: Found out the hard way this morning that I can’t reach the water control on the shower head in our new house after MH forgot to reset it after his shower. Short people problems. 

CS/Q: nah

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? Agreed that pancake day sounds fantastic, but other than that no. My parents went down to New Orleans this year as a bucket list thing- I’m 50/50 as to whether they’ll have a blast or be totally overwhelmed by all the revelers. 

I try to make sure I talk with DH about things that aren’t TTC too. It really helps to force some of my conversation and thoughts away from TTC- we don’t avoid the topic, but it keeps me from sinking too much into the stress and glumness of it all. 
  • @LJMoon6 I am so sorry to hear you are having a tough time right now. It seems like everyone is getting KU right now so that doesnt help and I try my hardest to be happy for them but its tough some days. Is your H a good support? Maybe lean on him a bit more these days. *stranger internet hugs*
    @elothair I'm so sorry youre still feeling sick with the flu. It is soo bad this year! I hope both your body and AF get their shizzzz together for you!
    @rosebud332 DH and I watched curling last night while working out then went home and imitated it hahaha It is such a funny sport
    @meladams10 Sorry to see you have made your way over to WTO. Have fun at dinner tonight!
    @Whitmore1027 I hope you find out what is ailing you soon! Ive heard how painful kidney stones can be :(

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: all the abbreviations 

R/R: Cannot wait for my day off tomorrow! And DH and I have a full day of Valentines day celebrations. We typically dont celebrate but since we are both off work, we decided to spend the day out doing things together so we are getting lunch, getting donuts from a new shop that just opened, going on the ferris wheel and then getting pizza for dinner. Our work schedules make it hard to spend time together so I am sooooo excited! Anyone else doing fun things tomorrow?

CS/Q: nada

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? I dont 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Month/Cycle:6/4 (2/2 AL)

CD:13

WAYDTGKU: All the sex.  I'm really proud of our streak. We almost had every day this cycle but H had to work late one night. 

R/R: I think I'm getting sick,  my body is trying to fight it off.  I'm hoping the vitamins I'm taking are helping with that.  I'm getting my hair done tonight! 

CS/Q:

No
  • @Whitmore1027 Mh and I love curling too! We actually met while drunkenly watching a curling match (that's a dead giveaway for anyone who actually knows me), so we always watch it. I tried for years to figure it out just by watching but the scoring system is not self evident AT ALL. So I finally looked up the rules and everything makes sooo much more sense now. I'm glad you may have found out the cause of your pain! Fx your doctor can do something to help.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @LJMoon6 - I have no idea how to control the obsessing. It honestly seems impossible.  I feel like being told too just stop trying is the equivalent of telling a person that's been single and lonely for a long time,  you'll meet the right person when you're not looking.  Thanks...  but you don't actually know that.  @rosebud332 - we have the same coping mechanism. "I should probably have this glass of wine,  it might be my last" said on repeat every day of tww.

• @Whitmore1027 glad to hear you’re going to the doctor! Fx’d they can give you some answers and relief!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM, OPKs, BD

R/R: Recently started iron supplements after being diagnosed as anemic. I feel like they’re making me way more tired than I ever felt before taking them, which seems counterintuitive. Other than that, all is good. DH and I are planning our first date night in a long time, which is exciting!

CS/Q: A whole lotta nothin’ so far. This is my first month doing BBT and OPKs, but everything looks like a bunch of nope at this point.

GTKY: Do you celebrate today being Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday / start of Lent? And what are your plans? None of the above, I agree that pancakes do sound pretty good though. 
  • @caybb352 You are so helpful! I did send you a PM :)
    @eleven_ Thank you! I hope your ultrasound results look good. 
    @kobrien827 Thank you! It sounds like you're going to have an amazing Valentine's Day!
    @galactickates I hope you keep the sickness away!
    @catlady2015 You're right! I'm so glad I started temping last cycle. The weird thing, AF is here but my temp didn't drop? Not sure what that's about. 
    @elisek Thank you! I'm in the boat as you with house hunting! It's super frustrating! Hopefully ya'll will find the perfect house soon :)

• @elisek we literally just went through the same thing.  We are actually building a house. We ended up with new construction because we could choose upgrades but there were maybe 8 houses total in the surrounding 9 cities we looked at.  Almost everything we wanted was out of our price range/not that great.  My H wouldn't consider an older house because he just didn't want to sink a bunch of money into projects plus the unknown factors that come with an older home.  It really is a sellers market right now.  We're not even getting everything we want but I'd say 75%  if one more person says "you can't get everything... *shrug*" I'm going to lose it. 
  • @lin0442 Oh goodness! I understand the short people problems deal. I am the same way! Bad thing is that my H is short too, so we suffer together at not being able to reach anything. Haha!
    @elisek Thanks for the info! Hoping for that temp rise tomorrow or the day after. Our BD timing should be good in any case.
    @rosebud332 That is sooo cute that you and YH met watching curling! I really don't know anything about the rules. Haha. Apparently there was an event or something near us where people can learn how to curl and my husband was super interested but I think he had to work or something. Thanks for the FX! I made an appointment to see s urologist on Friday!
    @eleven_ @kobrien827 @wrensnest Thanks so much for the FX regarding my pains! I made an appointment to see a Urologist on Friday morning so hopefully we can get to the bottom of things. I actually feel really good about getting checked out.