Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Mon 2/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO:

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Re: TWW Mon 2/12

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

Cycle Day/DPO: 27/11

Timing: -3, -2, +1 

Typical LP length: Don't know

Testing: BFN so far

R/R: I started having brown spotting last night. I'm definitely still at least 2 days early from AF. I feel like my body doesn't know what's going on. My temp is still going up, but I feel so confused. I'm going to try to take a break from testing the next few days. I hate the TWW so much.

CS/Q: Chart below. I would love any insight. FF thinks my normal cycle is 34 days because it was a long one last time (my first time using FF). My ovulation was all wonky. I think that was just a really long cycle so FF is a little confused on that. Based on ovulation this time, I expect AF on CD 29 or 30.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Realistically, NC. I love it there. Since I moved away I've always said that my heart belongs there and I know I'll end up back there one day.  In a dream world, the British Virgin Islands. It's my favorite place to visit. I love the people, the culture, the relaxed vibes.
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 27/8

Timing: SMEP.. so it was good

Typical LP length: 9ish days maybe?

Testing: I've had spotting for 3 days now, so I'm anticipating moving to WTO tomorrow :( 

R/R: Rant: It can't be good to start spotting 6dpo :( No longer LP for me this cycle. I just feel like giving up..  I don't think I can handle the roller coaster of TTC very well. Rave: Getting our taxes done today, so one less thing to worry about. 

CS/Q: Q: What day do you typically see your bbt drop for AF? The day before or the day you start AF? 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In the mountains in a cabin probably!
  • Loading the player...
  • @brookepdavis Sounds like we both have annoying spotting. Sorry I can't be of much help with your chart. Someone here will hopefully be able to provide some insight :)
  • @meladams10 I'm sorry we're in the same boat. It's so frustrating. The rollercoaster is taking a toll on me this cycle. FX we both get some good luck soon!
    As for temp, when my temp drops in the morning I can usually expect AF within 24 hours.

• Month/Cycle: 12/12

Cycle Day/DPO: 20/8

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Not unless AF is late

R/R: It's Monday, and I don't feel like teaching today. I'm slogging through material I don't like and am not particularly knowledgeable about, so it's less fun than usual. On the plus side, after this week I get to teach fun stuff for the rest of the semester. My kitty is continuing his morning snuggle routine, and it's so sad to have to move him off my lap to go to work!

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Probably coastal California, anywhere north of San Luis Obispo. I'm not a southern CA kind of person. I'm pretty happy where I live now though! Having four seasons is a lot of fun.
  • @darkstar42 Fx this cycle is your cycle! Hopefully your Monday will fly by. At least your kitty has now turned lap cat.. that's always nice to wake up to! I'm with you on the 4 seasons thing! It's so nice being able to have them all.
  • @brookepdavis Sorry about the spotting. Hopefully FF catches up soon and is able to predict things a little better.
    @meladams10 So sorry about your short LP. The emotional rollercoaster sucks!
    @darkstar42 Yay for exciting material coming up! I agree with having four season!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 18/6

Timing: -5, -3, -2, O

Typical LP length: 15/16

Testing: Not yet

R/R: Don't really have anything today aside from the normal work crap. 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I really like where I live. In a dream world I would say Hawaii or some tropical island where I didn't have responsibilities. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @brookepdavis I have no insight on your chart, but I hope the spotting turns out to be nothing!
    @meladams10 I'm sorry your LP is so short this month! Hopefully the spotting is just your body being weird and not actually an impending AF.
    @darkstar42 I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but what do you teach? Yay for getting to do fun stuff for the rest of the semester, though!
    @tessiesmom26 Not having responsibilities would be wonderful.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

Cycle Day/DPO: CD18/8DPO (I think?)

Timing: If I O'd when I think I did, +1

Typical LP length: Anywhere from 10-14 days judging by the last few months.

Testing: WFAF, since I'm not entirely sure when I O'd.

R/R: I've been having a rough few days.

CS/Q: I honestly moved over here just because I've had no other signs of O since CD10 and I'm up to CD18. My chart is horrible. I've had medication induced insomnia for the last week, so I haven't been able to temp, since they won't be accurate. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6a6564

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I already live there. I moved from the midwest down to Orlando, FL :)

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ I lived in Orlando for 5 years! I still miss it every day. I actually left to move to the midwest. DH's whole family is here and we wanted to be closer to family when we started our own family. Enjoy that sunshine for me!
  • @brookepdavis Awesome! We've been here for about three years now. DH doesn't really like the weather, but he tolerates it because I love it here.
  • @dreamscapes_ I would love to live in Orlando! Forgot about that one! But I am Disney obsessed so being that close would be a dream! 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 Hawaii sounds wonderful! I've never been there! 
    @dreamscapes_ I loved Orlando when I went to visit! It seems like such a nice place :)
  • @tessiesmom26 I actually work for Disney, lol :)
    @meladams10 I quite like it! It's somewhere in the 80s today and quite sunny :)
  • @brookepdavis So Sorry you’re having a hard time...I’m in the same boat. This rollercoaster of emotions isn’t what I expected when starting ttc
    @meladams10 Sorry your LP doesn’t seem to be any longer this month! Hang in there, hopefully it is not AF arriving early.
    @darkstar42 Yay for exciting material coming up for you!
    @tessiesmom26 Hawaii is a great dream place to live, have you ever visited there?
    @dreamscapes_ I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough few days, that seems to be a common theme around here.

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    CD/DPO: 34/15? I’m starting to question it since AF hasn’t showed yet
    Timing: I thought good, but now not so sure...
    Typical LP length: not exactly sure but last month FF said 14 days 
    Testing: BFN last Friday, WFAF. How long do you wait to test again if AF doesn’t show? I’m sure it would have shown Friday but I have had all sorts of questions this cycle so now I’m second guessing everything. AF was due yesterday 
    R/R: In spoiler...*TW Pregnancy mentioned
    CS/Q: None
    GTKY: I’m honestly not entirely sure. Maybe Chicago or NYC because we love the big cities, but I would prefer somewhere warmer.

*sorry I’m on mobile and can’t figure out how to get my spoiler to move up...

TW—My sister called last night and told our family that she is 9 weeks pregnant. I am so excited for her, but couldn’t help crying for me and MH. He keeps reminding me we haven’t been trying long but that doesnt help. Now he thinks maybe we should not try quite as hard for a couple of months to give them some time...ugh really!? I don’t really know what to think at this point. end TW
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @dreamscapes_ Color me jealous!! I would love to do that! I'm thinking I will do that when I retire!
    @spartan4life I have not been to Hawaii but I am dying to go! It just looks amazing. Also, creepy internet hugs for the news from your sister. That sucks that your H is wanting to hold off on things, hopefully he changes his mind!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @spartan4life So sorry you're having to navigate the situation with your sister :( I think situations like that are really really difficult. You're not alone. Hopefully your DH will come around. I don't think their situation is any reason to delay your TTC journey. 
  • @meladams10 I’d ask your doc to order a P test with that LP length and see if you need supplementation to lengthen it. 

@darkstar42 and @spartan4life all the things crossed for you ladies 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake Thankfully last cycle, I made an appointment and this cycle just confirmed that clearly, IMO, there's an issue. I see my OB Thursday! Have you had a P test done? 
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    @meladams10 I have, once in my follicular phase and well into my luteal phase. This treatment cycle, I've demanded a 7dpiui test to make sure my levels are adequate for implantation.

Month/Cycle: 3rd treatment cycle

Cycle Day/DPO: 16/IUI this morning

Timing: Good so far

Typical LP length: It varies with treatment. It used to be 13 days pre IUI.

Testing: Beta scheduled in a couple weeks

R/R: The procedure hurt this morning. It was momentary, but not sure why it hurt at all judging by the past two times with no pain.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Abroad for a year. It doesn't really matter where, but I want it to be somewhere beyond the Americas and immerse myself in a different culture.

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Month/Cycle: 9/6

Cycle Day/DPO: 25/7

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 15-17 days

Testing: On monday the 19th if AF doesn't come

R/R: Its absolutely pissing down here but really hot. On the bright side one of my patients saw me waiting for the bus and gave me a lift to work so less waiting around in the wet. Also almost finished my WIP crochet blanket which is exciting to me anyway.

CS/Q: Just started using FF but no Q.
    GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I love where I live but can I have a beautiful beach side house with a view and a magic door that lets me travel to see the world that would be pretty sweet.
  • @spartan4life I'm sorry about your sister. I've been there. I understand your DH's concerns, but I hope it doesn't derail your plans. *TW Child* When I was in the same situation my sister and I ended up with cousins 9 weeks apart. They are the best of friends. *End TW* I hope he comes around. As far as testing goes, I would probably test again this week some time. If it's still negative and AF doesn't come, wait another week. 

• @brookepdavis Sorry you’re having a rough time in the tww! It’s always stressful.

@meladams10 My temp drops anywhere from two days before to the day of AF. Most often I see a drop the day before though. And thanks! I don’t hold out a lot of hope for this cycle (after a year, it just doesn’t seem likely), but you never know!

@tessiesmom26 I’m not sure I’ve “met” you yet, so welcome!

@dreamscapes_ I teach psychology. This semester I’m teaching intro to psych, so I get to teach a little of everything! So sorry you’ve been having a rough time lately. Insomnia is miserable. Big *hugs* to you, friend.

@spartan4life Sorry for that news about your sister. That’s always rough, even if you haven’t been trying long.

@suzycupcake Thank you! Sorry your IUI was painful this time! My second one was a bit painful, I think my cervix was just at an odd angle that day. The nurse said it’s sometimes better to have a full bladder because that can make things easier. Fx for you this cycle!

@lokibear89 I crochet too! Yay! Always fun to have a project going. I need to start a new one!

• @tessiesmom26 @meladams10 Thank you! I hope he comes around too...I don't want this to change things for us, I think that is what I am most worried about. We left it this morning at, we have a couple of weeks to decide and don't have to make any decisions right now. Hopefully he will change his mind in those couple of weeks.
    @brookepdavis Thank you! I would like us to have a similar situation with my sister, but they live about 12 hours away. However, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun! Thanks for the testing thoughts...that is what I was thinking too.
    @suzycupcake Thank you! Sorry to hear your procedure was painful, FX this is the one for you!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @darkstar42 I learnt last  year before that I had been a subpar knitter.