Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thurs 2/8

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO:

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc)

Me: 28 | H: 29
Married: October 2014
TTC #1 March 2017
Dx: PCOS - March 2018
IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
IUI #2: May 2018

Re: TWW Thurs 2/8

• Month/Cycle: 12/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 23/9, but temp dropped yesterday

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: not necessary, WFAF limbo

R/R: Rant - all my lymph nodes are swollen, which is not uncommon for me, but is suuuuper annoying and painful. Rave - I think I'm free of my minor caffeine addiction, so no can of soda for me today!

CS/Q: nah

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc)

I use workflowy for work stuff, because I can look at it on my browser or phone and it's really simple and easy to use. I also do a daily written list. For personal stuff, I mostly just try to remember. It's 50-50 for those things if they'll be forgotten or not haha!

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • Month/Cycle: 10/10

Cycle Day/DPO:
    23/10

Timing: 
    -3, 0

Typical LP length: 

Testing:
    BFN this morning

R/R: 
    Well my scheme to have my insurance cover acupuncture fell through… There are so many hoops you have to jump through for insurance.  My doctor was willing to jump through them for me but it’s gotten to the point where it’s going against my moral compass. Oh well.  I’m going to search for a cheap place near me and hopefully get something scheduled… Or I’ll just say F it and schedule an appointment with an RE if the acupuncture is too expensive. I am feeling so indecisive.

CS/Q: 
    no

At work we use google calendars.  At home we just remember. Our personal to-do lists are never long lol.

@elisek Good for you for breaking your caffeine addiction. I can't even think of it right now. Waking up at 4:45am does not allow it.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @elisek Nice work kicking caffeine! I don’t drink a ton of caffeine, usually one maybe 2 cups of coffee in the morning, but I always feel it when I don’t have it! 
    @LJMoon6 Sorry about the BFN this morning and that the insurance stuff didn’t work out. I am always indecisive about things so I can imagine what you’re going through. Hang in there, you’ll find something!

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    CD/DPO: 30/11 
    Timing: good
    Typical LP length: not sure yet
    Testing: tomorrow
    R/R: Had a good workout with MH this morning, but on the way home I cried for no reason...we discussed my “unrealistic expectations” and it made me so frustrated. I know he is right and that we haven’t been trying very long yet, but it is still so hard not to get my hopes up. On a different note, they are predicting a ton of snow for this weekend so I’m looking forward to that since it usually means we just stay home and don’t have to go out and do anything! I love weekends at home.
    CS/Q: none
    GTKY: I use lists...sticky notes at work and lists on my phone for personal things. I feel like I can better prioritize things that way. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @elisek Sorry you're not feeling well!
    @LJMoon6 Bummer about the acupuncture. Insurance is such a pain.
    @spartan4life I know when I first started TTC I was shocked at how much of an emotional rollercoaster it is. I really hadn't expected to get so hopeful and then so disappointed every month. This process is hard, no matter how long you've been trying. *hugs*
    --------------------------------

Month/Cycle: 12/12

Cycle Day/DPO: 16/4

Timing: all the days and then some

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Nope. I'll just WFAF.

R/R: My kitty who usually isn't very cuddly just climbed in my lap and is purring. Clearly I can't go to work now. Once I do get to work, I'm meeting with the student who is working on research with me this semester. So far they have been crap at communication, so I'm a bit worried about how everything will go and am mildly regretting agreeing to this in the first place. I need to be a bit more selective in who I work with!

CS/Q: No chart.

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) Occasionally I make lists on paper. Most of the time I just try to remember things. I am definitely not the world's most organized person.
  • @elisek I hate WFAF limbo. :( Good for you for knocking your caffeine addiction! It's so hard to do!
    @LJMoon6 Boo for BFN and your insurance situation. Maybe you can find a place that's affordable and try it for a few sessions?
    @spartan4life Know that you're definitely not alone. Whether you've been trying for 2 months or 2 years, every month is an emotional roller coaster and when you're ready to be a mother/family, it's grueling having to wait. I just keep telling myself that even if everything is perfect, there's only a 20% chance each month. Stay positive even though it's hard. We all have our hard days! I'm so jealous of your impending snow!!
    @darkstar42 What kind of research are you doing? 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 22/4

Timing: -5,-3,-2,-1,0,+2

Typical LP length: Still figuring that out! It was only 8 days last month, which I know is not good. I'm hoping it somehow lengthens this cycle. 

Testing: Not until a missed period. 

R/R: Rant: No rants today! Rave: It's almost Friday!

CS/Q: None today!

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) I live by my work outlook calendar. I put everything on it!
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

Cycle Day/DPO: 25/13

Timing: excellent 

Typical LP length: 14-15

Testing: BFN yesterday. so I guess WFAF?

R/R: BFN sucked yesterday. I so felt that it would be +, I just feel different this month. And my temps are still super high. I wonder if I O'd later than FF says and maybe still to early for testing. Who knows! We're supposed to get a snow storm starting today into tomorrow, kinda excited!

CS/Q: No questions

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) I put it in my phone, my paper planner and the dry erase calendar we have on our fridge. The fridge is for DH who forgets everything I say if its important. 

@elisek Thats awesome about kicking the caffeine! I used to drink the huge gas station cups of coke during college but kicked that after I graduated. It was a painful process but so much healthier! 
    @LJMoon6 Sorry about the BFN, hope its just too early! *Hugs*
    @spartan4life fx for tomorrow!!
    @darkstar42 Obviously youll have to work from home now so you dont have to wake up the cuddly kitty! 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @darkstar42 and @meladams10 Thank you both for the encouragement! It is definitely an emotional roller coaster, but I am glad to have a group of wonderful women who make me feel not so alone along the way!

@kobrien827 thanks! So sorry about your bfn. Yay for snow, we are supposed to get a bunch too! Stay safe and warm!

• Month/Cycle: 9/6

Cycle Day/DPO:21/3

Typical LP length: 15 daysish 

Testing:not yet

R/R: DH has decided I will get pregnant this month. I'm not sure what makes him psychic but I can't fault his positivity. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) I try and remember (and generally fail)
  • @kobrien827 Sorry for your BFN. I too was feeling different yesterday and was hoping it was a good sign. My boobs were really sore, I was having early cramping, and my stomach just felt off... but now that I look back at it, I was fondling my breast a little too hard the day before, I had Mexican the night before which caused the cramping, and I hadn't eaten anything that day so the coffee in my stomach was not sitting right. SS is so stupid. Why can't I make myself stop!!?
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Sorry I pop in and out of TB. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things this time around, but it's proving harder than I thought. I'm struggling with the TWW this month so I figured I would try to jump back in. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

Cycle Day/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -3, -2, +1 I think...actual O day was questionable. Other possibility is -4, -3, 0

Typical LP length: Don't know yet

Testing: Trying to wait until at least 11 dpo, but part of me wants to try tomorrow.

R/R: Like some of you, I'm having a hard time with the emotional rollercoaster of TTC this month. I just want to know now. Last month AF was 7 days late and it took a toll on me. Part of me wants to start testing ASAP, but another part of me isn't ready to be disappointed so I want to wait. This is why I was nervous to start TTC this time around. The 15 months of getting my hopes up and being disappointed last time wore me down so much and I don't know if I can go through that again. It doesn't help that I currently have four pregnant friends that got BFPs their first time trying. They just don't understand that it's not that easy for everyone. That's the end of this depressing rant.

CS/Q: Not yet. Got a temp spike this morning, but no idea if that means anything.

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) Post its at work, calendar appointments for work and personal stuff.
  • @lokibear89 Fx your DH IS actually a psychic and that this month will be your month! 
    @brookepdavis It looks like you had good timing this month! It's hard when it seems like everyone around you is pregnant. My best friend is pregnant and it's the same thing as you, oh we had sex 3 times and here we are with a BFP. It's so hard! I hope your BFP comes soon. Some days are just harder than others... but we will continue on!
  • @elisek I have managed to get down to 1 cup of coffee in the morning but not yet ready to kick it all together, well done :)
    @LJMoon6 Hopefully next cycle FX
    @spartan4life I think quite a few of us are right there with you with the expectations, every month I am sure this is the one. When I first came off the pill a part of me really seriously expected I would be pregnant like right away.
    @darkstar42 My cat was doing the same thing this morning, felt like the most horrible person for ruining his sleep especially because he is very rarely around in the mornings.
    @kobrien827 BFN is the pits. FX in a few days that might change.
    @brookepdavis You are right this whole ttc is really stressful. I find my mood towards it changes almost daily, from, crying in frustration then next day upbeat and positive. My partner's uncle (more like a cousin or older brother to him) got pregnant accidentally **TW-loss** due around the same time I would have been **TW end** and it just kills him. And I swear I have never noticed so many pregnant people in my life! FX it doesn't take long at all for you.
    @meladams10 his indicator was that I thought his red bull smelt rank, I always think it smells awful but I will take what I can get.

• @lokibear89 Fx your DH actually is psychic and that this month will be your month! .
    @kobrien827 Jealous of the snow! It seems like spring here and we haven't had winter yet!
    meladams10 I also love my outlook calendar, though I sync mine with my google calendar on my phone so everything is in one place

Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 21/4

Timing: Not great= -5,-3, O, +1. We missed the best two days, dh was sore from the gym!

Typical LP length: No clue

Testing: waiting for AF, and to be frank I don't think this month is it. 

R/R: Rant: this is almost my last day here at work and I feel icky--tummy troubles, and I have so much to do. It doesn't help that it is 78 degrees in here. Rave: I got crosshairs today! I really thought this was an anovulatory cycle.My temp finally rose for the third day on an upward trend. I think we may have missed the window, but I'm still excited that I may be getting a regular cycle after going off of birth control!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) I like a to do list and reminders on my phone.
  • Hi all you lovely ladies. Just lurking today and love tits all around. I started spotting so I’m gonna give myself a break from the bump over the weekend while on my mini vacay and will be back over in WTO after the weekend. FX nobody follows me!!!
    <3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • @leafyarch I'm sorry this wasn't your month. Take the time you need this weekend. Hope you have a good mini vacay.

ATM: I pulled the trigger and scheduled an acupuncture appointment for tomorrow morning!!! I'm so excited. I don't know what to wear!?
    *TW* TTC history

• @brookepdavis I am right there with you on TTC being very frustrating. I am one of the most impatient people in the world so that doesn’t help things, but I didn’t really expect to be this emotional about everything (I guess I didn’t really know what to expect)! Take care of yourself and do something nice for yourself. One of my friends told me to plan something that I would really look forward to if I get the bfn, so maybe that would help too. So far I can’t come up with anything particularly exciting, but I’m thinking about a wine and cheese night with MH this weekend if this isn’t our month.
    @lokibear89 My mood about TTC changes daily too! But the last few days have been particularly emotional. FX YH is psychic!! 
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 25/10

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: likely WFAF. 

R/R: second day in a row of low temp and a little bit of pink spotting. only testing if AF doesn't actually show - she's supposed to on Saturday. But this looks like my classic "spot two days before AF starts" pattern. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: How do you keep track of to-dos? (paper list, app, note on your phone, just try to remember, etc) Mostly it's a paper list, but something super important I also put an appointment on my phone to do it. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @elisek - hope you feel better soon!
    @ljlmoon6 - sorry your plan for covered acupuncture fell through! Is there a reputable place that's not super expensive near you? 
    @spartan4life - I'm sorry you're struggling. It's hard when you really want something and it's not happening for you. Hope you can get some down time with the snow and spend some quality time with YH. 
    @meladams10 - hey, friend! happy to see you here! FX your LP is longer this month!
    @kobrien827 - sorry about your BFN. :( I get a little hopeful if I feel different too, and then something (like a BFN or early spotting) smacks me back down. I'm trying really hard not to SS b/c it just makes me crazy. 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @meladams10 I’m a social psychologist, and my research is around issues of prejudice and stereotyping. Fx for a longer LP this month!

@kobrien827 Sorry for the BFN. Fx it was just too early. Putting the kitty off my lap this morning was so hard! My job definitely needs to involve more kitty time.

@lokibear89 Fx that YH is right about this cycle! It’s so hard to move a sleeping kitty! Always makes me feel like a horrible person too.

@brookepdavis It’s always hard to see ttc come easily to other people while we’re stuck here waiting! *hugs*

@slightlysillysarah Sorry you’re feeling crappy today!

@leafyarch Sorry for the spotting, but have an amazing vacation!

@LJMoon6 Whatever you wear, you’ll likely be taking most of it off for the treatment! You might want to put on a tank top under your shirt though, as you’ll probably be able to keep that on for the treatment.

@catlady2015 Sorry about the spotting.

• Month/Cycle: 8/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 21/1

Typical LP length: it depends. 12ish days

Testing: We'll see how long I can wait

R/R: I work every other weekend, and this weekend I work. Normally I get all my homework done for the week before a work weekend (it's all due Sunday at 1am, since I go online), but here I am reading on here, and watching Downtown Abbey and NOT getting ahead on my homework. Which there's a lot of. And it all looks boring. I have senior-itis. Maybe tomorrow.  :#
    BUT. It's Valentine's day next week, which means at some point next week, we'll break our "trying to save money" and go somewhere with extra delicious food, and I can't wait!

CS/Q: 

I write things on a piece of paper. And then I lose it.