Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thurs 2/8

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? 
*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: WTO Thurs 2/8

• @josie12367 Oh no! I hoped you'd get your spike today.  :/ Boo!

Month/Cycle: 9/8 (1 benched AL)

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Big temp jump today, so I think O was yesterday.

R/R: Rave: The coffee just finished brewing! Oh, and MH got his first Stitch Fix order last night and the clothes are great. He's really happy with them and it was nice seeing some new styles on him. 

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler for your stalking pleasure. Sorry, it's huge. My computer is not cooperating this morning.

GTKY: I don't think I'd be able to drink screwdrivers anymore. That was my group's drink of choice when I was a young enlisted military member and I probably couldn't stomach them anymore. Plus vodka is just pretty gross. I can't really think of a food I can't eat anymore...I'll have to think on it today.
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, CP, BD every other day, water, exercise 

R/R: Still not feeling well today. Having abdominal pain. I have a possible vague idea what could be wrong but I don't want to worry or go to the doctor and it end up being nothing. I wanted to BD last night but the pain got too bad.  :(

CS/Q: Nothing here

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion?  I was trying to think of something non alcoholic or a food, but the only thing I can think of is Fireball. Hahaha. I used to work as a leasing consultant at an apartment property and we do resident events every month. We had a get together at a fun bar and residents kept buying me Fireball shots. I have never been more sick and hungover. I gag just thinking about it. What's crazy is that I had to work the next day and I texted my boss and blamed him Hahaha! 
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Month/Cycle:15/15

CD:19

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: FF was acting up this morning had to reset password before it would let me do anything.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? Spicy food it gives me heartburn now but I use to love jalapeno chips.
  • @josie12367 Really hoping you get your spike soon!
    @offtoneverland I considered doing StitchFix for MH too! I think you can gift a box? Maybe a birthday idea. Glad to hear he likes it!
    @Whitmore1027 I don't care for Fireball either, but not for any particular reason lol. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, CP, PNV, BD-ED, and waiting

R/R: I have the hungry horrors today. I was good and packed a salad for lunch but I'm not sure that is going to cut it.

CS/Q:

I was pretty sure that I O'd on the 12th, but today's temp dropped a bit so now I am not so sure. I'm kicking myself for not checking secondary signs yesterday.

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? 
    Rum Punch. On our honeymoon we did a booze cruise and enjoyed a few too many rum punches. We also slept through dinner that night HA! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Month/Cycle: I don’t even know how to really count these anymore, uh 23/16. Officially started trying two years ago this month. 

CD: 8, WTO **TW loss mentioned- I had a CP last cycle, so it wasn’t really AF**

WAYDTGKU: no caffeine or alcohol, healthy lifestyle, waiting for a rescheduled RE appointment (see reason why above) and hysteroscopy in March. 

R/R: Rant: I feel very down and defeated this month. I was looking forward to moving along with dr’s appointments, then I was happy to cancel them, now everything needs to be rescheduled. Tired of this roller coaster. 
    Rave: I treated myself to some fancy new yoga pants and I want to wear them all the time now they are so soft and comfy! Work wouldn’t be a fan, though. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? Rum punch, college dive bar, I’m sure people know this story already :lol:
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited February 2018

@josie12367 FX you O soon! Trying unique foods in other countries scares me a little bit. Good for you for being brave!
    @offtoneverland I might have to convince DH to try Stitch Fix. He hates shopping and I don’t really like choosing things for him. Are the clothes expensive? When I did Stitch Fix, I was a little annoyed at the price of some of the shirts. It seemed like all the tops were over $50. I agree that vodka is the worst! Tequila on the other hand  ;)
    @whitmore1027 I’m so sorry you are having abdominal pain. I agree that Fireball is terrible. I finally got my Zumba workout dvds. Hopefully I can find some time to start them this weekend.
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Yay for lots of sleep! I also went to bed around 8 and feel a lot better today. I’m sad for you and Tequila. I love it so much!
    @lin0442 I’m so sorry for your loss. You’re right about it being a roller coaster. Sometimes I just want to give up because it’s so hard. You are not alone <3

Month/Cycle: 8/8 – 2 early losses

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, CM, RRL tea

R/R: 
    TW
    I have been on the fence on whether or not I am going to try this cycle. I don’t see my OB for another 2 weeks which feels like an eternity. DH and I decided to try again and if this cycle ends in a CP as well, then we will see an RE. DH was really uncomfortable with seeing an RE after 2 losses. We had an argument about it last night which ended up with us both in tears. I caved and cancelled my appointment. Hopefully third times a charm.
    End TW

CS/Q: Nothing really to see yet.

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? 99 bananas. Just typing that out makes me want to gag. My best friend and I took over 6 shots of it when we were 18. We were really new to drinking and it was the worst decision we ever made. 

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 9 (I have to check my app every single day...getting old!)

WAYDTGKU: opk's, pre seed, n&c

R/R: TW-mentioning my kid...
    My baby has a stomach bug for the first time. :( I'm so sad for her! It's a terrible hopeless feeling not being able to help and she's so miserable.

CS/Q:

I couldn't drink Manhattans for a while, because drunk. But I got over it eventually. By all rights I should have an aversion to tequila at this point due to many many bad decisions as a result of too much of it, but I don't. However, I don't drink it straight anymore and only one or two margaritas in a night. I don't know why I get bananas when I have too much!

@lin0442 and @eleven_ I'm so sorry for both of your losses. It's so hard to keep going after that. Hang in there ladies. 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @galactickates I'm crying for you and sushi  :'(
    TW

• @eleven_ dry those eyes,  if you knew one of the reasons I don't want to eat seafood you'd have an aversion to.   B) 
    Also I'm sorry you got in a fight with H.  :( it seems like ttc is so much harder on us then them and they just don't get it
  • @galactickates I'm a lab tech so I know and have seen first hand all of the lovely little parasites lurking in fish. I still eat it  :) 
    TW

• Not the reason but that's just a side of affect of why I won't eat it. I'm not sure I should even put it out there. 
  • @josie12367 Jeez, your chart is just insane. I hope it goes somewhere!
    @offtoneverland I've never tried Stitch Fix, but I've heard good things about it!
    @Whitmore1027 I'm sorry you're hurting! How bad is it?
    @Stargazer1lily Your chart looks lovely! I've never been able to eat spicy foods. They make me sick to my stomach.
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Yay for having good sleep!
    @tessiesmom26 What's in the salad?
    @lin0442 I'm so sorry you have to reschedule your appointments and everything. I hope you get some answers soon.
    @eleven_ All the creepy internet hugs for you. I'm so sorry you and your DH had a fight about the RE, but hopefully it'll work this time!
    @rosebud332 I have to check my app every day for my CD, too.
    @galactickates Last month, the date was my cycle day. It was so easy, lol. I also don't do seafood, which drives DH crazy, because he loves it.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

WAYDTGKU: Alphabet soup

R/R: Rant - I have to buy more allergy medication. Why the heck is it so expensive to get the kind that actually works?

CS/Q: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6a6564

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? Oatmeal. I absolutely hate it. I make it for DH, but I refuse to eat it, even though it's apparently healthy and fairly inexpensive. I used to work at a nursing home as a CNA and all of our residents got oatmeal for breakfast, in addition to whatever else was being served. A lot of them didn't eat it and it wound up congealing in the bowls.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ It was just lettuce, cucumbers, chicken and croutons. MH did buy Olive Garden dressing, so that was good. It hit the spot, which is awesome! I've tried to like Oatmeal, but just can't. I've tried different brands, flavors, the works! I wish I liked it because it is supposed to be good for you, but I just can't. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 11, WTO

WAYDTGKU: BD, CM changes....trying to just take it easy

R/R:  none at present

CS/Q:  no not really

Ha...salmon.*TW*  I cooked it when I was pregnant. I had horribel morning sickness for 7 months already, so my throat was so raw it bled! *End TW*  It was in the freezer, I put it in the oven and apparently it was spoiled prior to being packaged. It made the entire house smell and I threw up for the entire night. To this day, I cannot look at salmon much less eat it. It was horrible! 
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • @galactickates I need to know the reason!!!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: charting, opks, going to try preseed this month

R/R: I need to clean my house and I don’t wanna. That’s all. 

CS/Q:

raspberry vodka of any kind. Also jaeger. Yuck. Andplusalso I’m a vegetarian so I don’t eat meat or fish anyway.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry to do a drive by today ladies. Deadlines at work. I did read and thinking of you.

Month/Cycle: 3rd treatment cycle

CD: 12 (feels like an eternity right now)

WAYDTGKU: Femara, Vitamins, Ovidrel, IUI, sex, wine, calm

R/R: What started as kink in the shower, I ruined the mood. We communicated about our sex life in the kitchen and it went well. I was determined so I poured myself a glass of wine. The next thing I know, it's on. Thank goodness what could've been a sexless night turned into one of good fun!

Update: Good News. RE booked me for u/s Saturday morning for peace of mind regarding my follicles. On Wednesday, three were at 12, 13, and 15. They need to be between 18 and 28 for the eggs to be considered mature enough to fertilize when released. I’m not going to spend the money on IUI if they aren’t big enough. 

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: What can't you drink (or eat) anymore, and what's the story behind that aversion? Liver. No story. I don't like it. Oh and I cannot drink beer which is seriously disappointing. It gives me joint pain for whatever reason.

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @offtoneverland That was a nice looking spike! How cool!
    @Stargazer1lily I LOVE spicy food, I can't imagine not being able to eat it! I make everything spicy. Haha. I would just have to suffer. lol
    @nmbrcrnchr1 So great that you had a great nights sleep and that you are feeling okay!
    @tessiesmom26 I am always so bad about packing something healthy, then I decide something fast food like is better...haha
    @eleven_ Yay for Zumba! Let me know how you like it! And so sorry about your losses and stress with hubby. :(
    @galactickates Yay for wine and sex! Haha. Love it!
    @dreamscapes_ OMG seriously, allergy medicine is SO expensive. I have decided to suffer through it rather than spend so much money on it. So sorry you are dealing with allergies!
    @lin0442 TW So sorry for your loss. :( TW

For those of you asking about my abdominal pains, I don't really know what to do. Of course going to the doctor would help ease my mind so we can see if anything is wrong. But if it's nothing, then I'll look like an idiot. According to doctor google the closest symptoms I have are for appendicitis. They started yesterday around 11am, a dull ache near my belly button. Up high. I thought it was just gas, I felt gassy, but nothing happened. And gas is normally lower and is sharper and comes and goes. This stayed for hours and hours. Last night the pain had moved to my right side, about the same height as my belly button. It was super sharp and hard to move around and breath. I took tylonel because I was tired of hurting. It got a bit better, enough to sleep. I woke up with no pain, and it got worse today as I was moving around the house. Now it feels a bit lower and is radiating to my back. I have felt nauseous the last couple days too. I am waiting to see if I get a fever, even though apparently not everyone with appendicitis gets it.

H pissed me off this morning. He wasn't acting concerned, and told me I am a hypochondriac. Of course I burst into tears and ran into the bathroom. He left for work. The ass. He did come home and apologize and said that I can go to the hospital if I feel like I need to. But I don't know. I have dealt sooo much with going to the doctor and end up nothing being wrong (or they can't find anything), so I don't know if I want to waste money for nothing. I am still keeping an eye on it though, and if it gets more severe, of course I'll go.

• @galactickates after I had to look up my cycle day on my app I read your post and thought...hey my cycle day is the same as the date, lol...it’s been a looooonnnng week.
  • @Whitmore1027 Please tell your thoughts and feelings about what you will look like, to go F themselves and go to an Urgent Care. Do you have health insurance? It's not nothing when you are in that much pain. Even if it doesn't end up being an emergency, it is still not nothing. Nobody should sit in that kind of pain. It's bad for your heart and really stresses it out.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake Haha believe me, I pretty much said "Go F yourself" to my H. I was SO upset and mad. But he did truly apologize this evening. To be told that was a kick in the gut because of course now I am wondering if I am crazy. But it's definitely something, whether it's serious or not, it hurts! We don't have insurance, we have Christian Healthcare Ministries, which is a sharing program. I am a gold member, so they basically take care of any costs over $500. Which, if I go to the hospital, I am prettttyy sure that it would cost more than that. lol. Unfortunately when I called urgent care, they recommended a hospital since a CT scan would be needed and they don't have that equipment. I just HAAATE going. A little background about myself is, I got sick in 2005, we had no idea what was wrong. After over a year of unknowns, I was finally diagnosed with Lupus. I've been in remission for years. I went to a doctor a couple years ago (a brand new Rheumatologist) and he said "I don't think you ever had Lupus". I was flabbergasted! It is SO horrible to be so sick, go through so much pain, and basically still be told they don't know whats wrong. So that's basically why I am terrified of going to do the doctor any time I feel sick.

• @Whitmore1027 I hope you feel better soon! So sorry you're in pain. Please take care of yourself.
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Great job getting your workouts in this week! Woo hoo!
    @tessiesmom26 We did a booze cruise with rum punch on a Disney cruise a couple of years ago! It was so much fun. Unlike you, I can still stomach the rum punch though. :)
    @lin0442 So glad you treated yourself to some new yoga pants. You deserve it with all you've been through lately.
    @eleven_ Yeah, Stitch Fix is a little expensive, but honestly, MH hasn't gotten new clothes in a long time and we both agreed that we'd be okay splurging on a few good quality items. When he filled out the style questionnaire when he signed up, they had a whole section on what prices you were willing to pay, so you could choose the lower end of the spectrum if needed. I can PM you some pictures/prices of the stuff he got, if you're interested in seeing the types of clothes they have. He's really excited about his new clothes and I like seeing him in something besides a boring polo shirt. :) I'm so glad you had a good talk with YH and came up with a plan for your next cycle, although I'm sorry it had to start with an argument. Sending so many hugs your way tonight. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @dreamscapes_ I hear you on the allergy medication. I break out in hives quite frequently and am constantly annoyed at the prices! 
    @offtoneverland Yes, I would love to see what he got when you get a sec. Thanks  <3
    TW

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    @Whitmore1027 I completely understand. It took doctors many years to diagnose MS for me. I would seriously question the doctor who said he didn't think you ever had Lupus after you get the records for why another doctor diagnosed it. I know it's daunting and super stressful, believe me. I totally get it. BUT! This is important. If you do have Lupus, it's worth knowing that and figuring out a way to successfully manage it. It's important for you, YH, for your son, and your future LO. 

You aren't crazy. MH used to have a very hard time with the concept of MS also, but when 9 more brain lesions and a spinal cord lesion were found six years later, he understood that it became a reality for us and learned about it. It still took him awhile, but now he understands and does not allow me to go outside when it's over 78 degrees. He has banned me from doing it because when the diagnosis became more real, he started seeing it with a different lens. 

He takes over the cleaning, the cooking, and the grocery shopping when I'm too weak and fatigued to do it. 

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I only want you to feel better and I'm concerned for you. If you ever want to private message me and talk about this kind of stuff, I'm happy to listen and encourage you. 

So you have Christian healthcare. I was actually thinking of looking into that. But anyway, if they take care of costs over $500, then call your primary care doctor tomorrow and get a referral to go do the scan at the hospital without having to go through the ER. Please do it. Just set your mind to it and do it. Don't let anyone change your mind. I wish you well <3 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @Whitmore1027 appendicitis is nothing to mess around with. BUT dr. google can often be wrong. Listen to your body. If you are still in pain later go get it checked before it starts leaking.
  • @kristah2 Yeah I totally understand how severe appendicitis can be, especially if it bursts. And although my pains matched appendicitis pretty much exactly the first day (Dull achy pain that was around my belly button then traveled to the the right side and down and my back and was more sharp, along with nausea), the last two days, it's not been as severe. Still there, but not near as bad. So, I don't really know what to do now. Haha. I would expected that it would have just gotten worse if that's what it was. But I am no doctor so I guess I'll just wait and see.