Trying to Get Pregnant

This is Us 2/6

WARNING ****SPOILERS AHEAD****

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the show This is Us. I’ve put some discussion starter questions, but feel free to ask other questions and start other relevant discussions. This thread WILL have spoilers so if you have not yet seen the episode from the week mentioned in the title, turn back now!

”The Car”

Do you think Rebecca has accepted Jack’s death or is repressing her feelings about it?

Do you think Jack would have gone back in the house if Kate hadn’t asked?

Do you think that Jack’s war time past could change how his family sees him?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: This is Us 2/6

• What?!? There's another one already? I haven't even watched the last one yet!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland They’re stopping them for the Winter Olympics, so I think the mats why they doubled up this week.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • EVERY EPISODE!!! Every Episode I cry my eyes out.  I think it's because I love my H so deeply that my worst fear is that he will be taken from me. I was a totally independent woman before I met H. But now that he's in my life .. I so desperately want it to stay that way.  I feel like I prayed with all my heart that H would come into my life and he did!  He did.  When I watch Becca with Jacks death... it plays upon my deepest darkest fear. It's probably why I ugly cry through every episode. 

Do you think Rebecca has accepted Jack’s death or is repressing her feelings about it?

No....  :'(:'(:'(

• Do you think Rebecca has accepted Jack’s death or is repressing her feelings about it? I don't think she accepted it. Maybe more towards the end of the episode, but she is really kicking herself for not being there, which is completely understandable.

Do you think Jack would have gone back in the house if Kate hadn’t asked? I do. The bag of things that he brought out with the dog, he had to have thought that through. 

Do you think that Jack’s war time past could change how his family sees him? No I don't think so. However that could change once they start to jump into that a little more. 

This episode hit me so much harder than the one where Jack died, and I think it had to do with Rebecca and watching her. I can't even imagine loosing MH or what I would do if we had kids. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 - I didn't really think about the bag of stuff.... but I'm just so mad at Jack for going back in the house! Even though we've known for a long time something happens to him it all seems like such an avoidable accident.  Literally NOTHING in this world is more precious then people. Things are just things. They don't matter. PEOPLE matter.  It just makes me sick thinking about it.  I'm afraid my H would do something stupid like that too. He loves our dogs and he thinks he's invincible. 
  • @galactickates I agree. That bag would have been the farthest thing from my head, but he seems like the type that wanted to make sure his family memories weren't lost. I think MH would do the same and that's a terrifying thought.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Do you think Rebecca has accepted Jack’s death or is repressing her feelings about it?
    I don't think she is repressing her feelings, I think she is just existing, which is common with traumatic unexpected loss like that.  I think she is too numb and worried about the kids to grief.  

Yes and no.  I think he would have went for the stuff he grabbed too, but I don't think Rebecca (physically) would have allowed it if he was off the roof. 

Yes, because there is a reason they are focusing on it upcoming.  He doesn't talk much about it, which makes me believe he did something he is ashamed off.