September 2018 Moms
Options

1/6: Why my SO is bugging me (aka hormones plus foolishness)

I don't remember or care what day this is supposed to be, lol, I got frustrated and hoped that hearing from everyone would help me laugh it off. :wink:
1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
Team green turned BLUE!
2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1/6: Why my SO is bugging me (aka hormones plus foolishness)

• Options
    So Tuesday is my only day totally off during the week. Lately I've been lazy but today I decided to get my crap together. Did laundry, a bunch of dishes, and took my cranky teething toddler to Costco, plus ya know, tired, nauseous, and puppy.

He usually gets home around 5:15/5:20, leaves at 7 am. He's under strict orders to text me if he's leaving late (preferably within 15 min of when he usually leaves, because it's a 45 min drive home, and I need to know how long my sanity has to last.

I texted him at 5:45 pm, find out he had just left 10 min ago (nearly an hour late!) ran into traffic and won't be home until 6:30. Toddler goes to add at 7, 7:15. Jerk! 

Again, it happens, but I don't want to find out you're late a half hour after I expect you home....
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @episcowitch Damn, tell me he cleaned the kitchen! I hate leaving the house after I've planned to stay home.

We invited my in-laws over for that, because they live an hour away and baby bedtime....they politely declined, then a week later proceeded to invite us over there... luckily husband was smart enough to say no. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @episcowitch I really hope he took the hint and did them dishes!!! I would be exponentially pissed to wake up in the morning to a still full sink. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    I can't really complain. He always does dishes...and laundry...and cleans the bathroom. I just hate leaving home. We are at in-laws tonight too, but for a UK Basketball game. This is what I get for not wanting cable. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    @stothi What does your husband do, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    @stothi I totally hear you on the lack of communication skills, my DH is very similar. He told me last week that his manager wanted to catch him on the phone with me to say thanks and I told him I'm glad she didn't because (although it's not her fault either)I'd  want to slap her since I've got no choice but to deal with the home front while he's gone. Some days I wonder if it would be easier to deal with my H being gone for longer periods like yours instead of gone for 4 days, back for 3. Feel free to PM me anytime to vent!
  • Options
    +1 for wanting to know exatly when H is getting home. He is a first year resident so his schedule is super unpredictable. I feel like more often than not, I will expect him to be home around 5:30 or 6, but he won't show up until after 7. I know it's not his fault, but when I'm on duty all. day. long. with DD, it's nice to know that I might get a break before she goes to bed. Unfortunately, when he come home, he is usually so tired that he dozes on the couch for a hour.. 
  • Options
    @stothi gotcha! I was wondering he was a pilot.
  • Options
    @stothi and @nlc8424 count me in! My H is home, but because he works 12 hour night shifts and we live an hour from his work we might as well be in different cities. He is not a big communicator whether we are side by side or if he is at work. I feel like I’m pulling teeth to get something from him. I asked him the other day if he is freaking out about the baby and he said, “no.” I said, “well I am! We are first timers and our lives are great now, I’m terrified of all the changes coming.” No response from him. Ohy, I just want you to participate in what is going on with me and the baby. 

In non-pregnant life I am not as annoyed by it because we have been together long enough that I just know it’s his personality. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 I don't think either myself or my husband had great role models for communication growing up, even though my parents have been married for 45 years. I'm seriously considering couples counseling for some preventative measures to help keep our heads above water. My H is pretty against it since he's firmly in the "counseling is just for when things are broken" mentality where I'm always searching for ways to improve. I love my H's work ethic, but I'd also love more time together.
  • Options
    @stothi gotcha! I was wondering he was a pilot.
    Nope, not a pilot. I think that would drive me totally bonkers. Fortunately his job normally doesn't involve this level of travel. This much gone time should, *should* just be a one time thing.
  • Options
    @klj0228 exactly. In our day to day not pregnant not in the middle of a huge work travel thing life, his not being a good communicator is annoying but mostly eh, whatever. It's just one aspect of his overall personality and it's not his best (obviously) trait, but it's not so bad that it's a deal breaker. 
  • Options
    I’m still annoyed with the pregnancy announcement idea my husband suggested last night. He said we should put our son in a big brother shirt I bought a while back and just post a picture of him wearing that without any caption/real announcement “and just see who notices”. :expressionless:
    I barely stopped myself from telling him I thought that was a terrible idea. Also, this was after I already told him that I bought a couple of small things on Etsy to use for the announcement (a pair of knit baby booties and a little September calendar page with EDD circled) so too late for that, bud. I don’t actually know if he was being serious but it rubbed the wrong way, more than is reasonable haha. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    @fwtx5815 that's actually my plan for social media, so it's funny to me that you hate it! But to be fair I'm going to add a caption along the lines of, "they say a picture is worth a thousand words, or maybe just two...".
  • Options
    nlc8424 said:
    @fwtx5815 that's actually my plan for social media, so it's funny to me that you hate it! But to be fair I'm going to add a caption along the lines of, "they say a picture is worth a thousand words, or maybe just two...".
    I had a friend do that with her kiddo. We all thought it was cute. She did a couple of follow up pictures later with her kiddo holding the ultrasound picture and whatnot.

• Options
    nlc8424 said:
    Yeah I can’t even fully articulate exactly why it bothered me so much haha. I think the idea of not saying *anything* a long with the photo was the most off putting, because we did have a bit of a sappy blurb when we announced for DS. And maybe the fact that I’m the 2nd child in my family, I’m being overly sensitive to making sure this baby is not treated like he/she doesn’t matter as much. I just want to state how excited we are when we share the news, tell the due date, etc., so his suggestion just didn’t jive with what I had in mind. Totally would not think anything of it if I saw a friend announce that way though! 

LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart