Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO SAT/SUN 2/3-2/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is your all time favourite commercial? Links are encouraged if bored :)
Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

Re: WTO SAT/SUN 2/3-2/4

• Options
    Hey hey....happy weekend ladies!

Month/Cycle: 13/5

CD: 23

WAYDTGKU: All the things! 

R/R: Temp dip this morning. Expecting a rise tomorrow. We've got great timing so far. Hoping to bang it out one more time tonight though just in case. We've got a going away party for people I'm not very fond of tonight. I'm just going for the food at this point, and so DH won't be alone. Then the rest of the weekend is very chill. They have a flower fest going on right now that we might venture out to tomorrow...

CS/Q: For any chart stalkers out there...just for fun

GTKY: Pretty much all of the Budweiser Clydesdale SuperBowl ads in the past decade. I cry with every.single.one!

• Options

@josie12367 I hope you have fun at the party, even if it’s just with having tasty food!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Alphabet soup (pnv, bbt, cm, OPK, HIO, etc) and all the things. 

R/R: I’m so exhausted. I don’t start work for 4 hours and I’m sitting in the break room. Gonna try and take a nap in a minute. 

CS/Q: None right now. 

GTKY: What is your all time favourite commercial? Links are encouraged if bored. Does anyone remember those “Magic happens” Disney commercials from the mid 90s? Like the kids playing scrabble and the “I’m too excited to sleep” one? There’s one in particular that I just love. https://youtu.be/6ejWVqmQGao

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stargazer1lily Watching any good TV on your lazy Saturday? What do you like to do on your lazy days?
    @josie12367 FX for that temp rise tomorrow! I like the pattern on your chart; it looks like waves! Hope you get some good food tonight to make up for the poor company. Are you going out to a restaurant? I love the Clydesdale ads too!
    @dreamscapes_ Four hours in the break room? Yikes! Hope you get to take a nap. Lately I have been DYING to plan a Disney World trip. I want to go so bad! So take in all the fun Disney sights for me today. :) I've never seen that commercial before...it's so cute!
    @emmasemm Have fun with your neighbors tonight! We live next door to an older woman who always fills us in on the gossip too. It's so funny! Good luck using your German all night! Also...garlic juice?! 

*TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @josie12367 YES the Budweiser commercials are the BEST! Definitely some of my favs!
    @dreamscapes_ I hope you were able to get a nap in! I think I remember those commercials! 90's commercials in general we always the best. haha
    @emmasemm Your dinner with your German guests sounds so fun! I bet you will get a lot of insight and learn a lot from them! Be sure to let us know how it goes!
    @Stargazer1lily My idea of a relaxing Saturday is doing a weeks worth of laundry apparently. Haha Hope you enjoy today!
    @offtoneverland Omg, Folgers was the first I thought of! I did love those. That pottery painting class sounds SO FUN! I have got to find something like that around me!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3rd treatment cycle

CD: 7 (how many of you open FF every day to remember? ;) )

WAYDTGKU: Femara, Ovidrel, IUI, sex, calm

R/R: It turns out there was a wire making contact with a screw in the only outlet of our living room that we would've never thought to check in a million years. Phew! Glad that's over. MH is thrilled that he can watch TV again.

CS/Q: Does anyone have a marinade recipe for BBQ chicken on the grill?

GTKY: What is your all time favourite commercial? I don't have one, but I will say that I used to hate commercials getting in the way of my viewership. Now that I work in television, I love them because they pay my bills. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @rosebud332 OMG I forgot about that commercial hahaha. I seriously want to try the squatty potty though...gotta say. lol
    @suzycupcake OMG. I seriously asked myself TODAY "I wonder if anyone else has to look at FF everyday to remember their cycle number..." That's so funny!!

• Options
    @josie12367 I’m doing something similar tonight - going to a party with DH I really don’t care to go to but there will be good food :)
    @offtoneverland have fun at the pottery place, we have one close by and I keep saying I’m going to go some weekend but I haven’t yet.
    @Whitmore1027 now I want chocolate cake!

Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: WFAF to get out

R/R: feeling a little rough after a late night out last night, rave - movie day on the couch with DH, we haven’t done this in a long time so it’s nice

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is your all time favourite commercial? The AT&T commercials with kids at the table https://youtu.be/JcuTn72N4ds
  • Options
    @Whitmore1027 General rule of thumb is that if you need a pad or tampon, it's AF. If you just need a pantyliner (or nothing at all), it's spotting. 
    @rosebud332 That commercial is soooo gross. And no, it's not weird to be excited to pee on things. I love taking OPKs! It's so neat watching the line get darker and then fade again.
    @nmbrcrnchr1 You should try pottery painting sometime! It's so much fun and is a different thing to do when you need to get out of the house. What movies are you watching today?
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: trying on our own this month

R/R: We had a blast playing board games last night with friends! The most fun were Velociraptors! Cannibalism! and Machi Koro. We'd never heard of either before pulling them off the shelf to play, but they were fun and silly. Today I'm being lazy as for once I don't have much work to do over the weekend, and MH is at the coffee shop down the street grading. It's snowy and pretty here today, and I'm just staying in and doing laundry. We did make it to the gym this morning though, so that was good.

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: What is your all time favourite commercial? I'm from CA originally, so I like this old Ford commercial where all they say is dude. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWR9d758NE

• Options
    @darkstar42 Thanks! I go next Wednesday morning, which is a little later than the past two cycles, but they said they want my follicles to grow nice and big before triggering this time around.  
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    @darkstar42 @offtoneverland yes, we watched Wonder and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. They were both really good! 
  • Options
    @emmasemm I hope the long conversation in German went well!
    @offtoneverland I did get to take a nap for about three hours, and then other people came in and were obnoxiously loud and woke me up. -.- I love the Magic Happens videos, they're adorable. I hope you get to come down to WDW soon! The Folgers commercials are also great.
    @Whitmore1027 The Allstate guy was hilarious. I wish they'd continue with that line of commercials.
    @rosebud332 I love that commercial, it's so bizarre! I made DH watch it and he asked, "What the hell did I just watch?"
    @suzycupcake I usually just do teriyaki sauce, but I have this one bookmarked. https://allrecipes.com/recipe/176216/krystals-perfect-marinade-for-bbq-or-grilled-chicken/
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Hope you guys had a good movie day!
    @darkstar42 Yay for board games!

For everyone asking why I was in the break room for so long, this is why. DH and I were in a car accident in December and my car was totaled. So we have one car between the two of us, and since he always starts at either 5 or 6am and I'm not comfortable driving yet (I've actually started therapy because of very frequent anxiety attacks after the accident), he drives me to work and then goes to his location while I sit in the break room. I usually take a nap, read, or play games on my phone, depending on what time I start. I try and trade shifts with people I work with so that I start somewhat close to his time, but that doesn't always happen. Driving him to work and then going home, then going back is pointless and a waste of gas, since I work maybe ten minutes away from where he works. So... Yeah. Not much choice right now. I start at 8:30am tomorrow, but he starts at 5, so I'll be there at about 4:30. Fun! On the bright side, my management team knows that this is going on, so if I'm ever running late at my actual specific location or someone called in, they can come check the break room because I'm probably there, lol.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ Ohhh, that's right. I remembered that you guys were carpooling but I couldn't remember why. I'm sorry you're still dealing with anxiety from the accident. I absolutely hate driving and get really anxious, so I'm sure I would be in the same place as you if I were to have had a scary accident like that. I hope the therapy will be helpful for you, but please take care of yourself and don't rush back into driving before you feel comfortable. That's so great that your management team is supportive of it and that you have a nice break room to relax in while you're waiting for your shift! 
    @galactickates I looove that commercial! So glad you're having a nice, relaxing time at your ILs. 
    @suzycupcake @stargazer1lily So many hugs for you guys. Thank you for sharing your stories and grief with us.  <3
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    @dreamscapes_ I know the last thing you wanna do is get behind the wheel and drive again but you have to. I was rear ended Summer of 2016 so I do understand. I still freak out about who is behind me and how fast they might be going when I slow to a stop. The entire backend was smashed in. I blacked out and woke up to the other driver knocking on my window to see if I was OK. 

It felt like waking from anaesthesia. I was confused and had no idea what happened. I felt trapped because my seatbelt discharged and had me pinned against the seat. Some guy had to help me get out. I got whiplash, a concussion and a torn disk in my back. 

You have to get back in a car and drive no matter how you feel. Therapy is good but exposure therapy is better. That therapist cannot take the anxiety away. Only driving will. 

With that being said, I am so sorry that happened to you. It’s traumatic and I hope that you will recognize that you have the power to create new neural pathways in your brain and change the course of the way you now perceive the road. Hugs. I hope this won’t upset you. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options

@suzycupcake You didn’t upset me. Believe me, I feel like I should be able to drive by now, too. Unfortunately, the car accident isn’t the only issue. I have a pre-existing guilt complex, as well as a history of anxiety and depression, due to an abusive childhood. My husband looked it up and I meet most of the criteria for ptsd, which my therapist agreed with. Rationally, I know that there’s nothing I could have done to prevent the accident, but my stupid brain doesn’t want to be rational. It keeps telling me that I should have looked in the mirror and seen him coming, that I should have pulled forward or into the next lane to avoid him (we were at a dead stop at a red light at 5:30am, the only car there, and he plowed into us from behind doing 45). We’ve tried having me drive. The first time after the accident, I made it five miles before breaking down. The last time, I couldn’t even make it out of the parking lot at our apartment. I know I’m capable of driving, but I can’t turn off the “something is going to happen, and we’re going to get hurt”. Even when it’s my husband driving and I know he’s a good driver, I get anxious when it’s raining or we’re boxed in or someone around us is being an idiot and he has to hit his brakes suddenly. Last Saturday, it was pouring rain on our way in to work and I almost had a full blown panic attack when I wasn’t even the one driving. So while I understand where you’re coming from, there’s more to it in my case than just the driving.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 35/33

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Making the most of CBAD high falling on the weekend  ;)

R/R: We had a great dinner last night with the neighbors- DH did an awesome job with the cooking. And then we’ve woken up to 10cm of snow. Where we live they don’t normally get so much snow as we’ve had the last two winters, even when I lived in the south at higher elevation I didn’t see snow as often as we have since moving here. It looks super picturesque, which is fine for a day we don’t need to go anywhere! So the fire is on, we’re snuggled under blankets and having a lazy morning.

@Josie12367 just for reference even though I have relatively “normal” regular cycles I also get 3-5 days of highs (and longer medicated). Plus I’m totally with you being too old for long stints of ED! 

@galactickates so pleased you are enjoying the time with no household responsibilities- and so excited for your new@Dreamsicle23

@darkstar42 oh it’s really like we’re synced! Your day yesterday is my day today!

@offtoneverland I’m really hoping the HSG magic works for you too!

@dreamscapes_ I’m sorry you’re still struggling after the accident. That’s really tough. Also because the not so perfect sleep is not likely to be helping with the other goals I know you have. Maybe talk to the therapist what you can do to break this problem down into small manageable steps? 
    Also as some hope, my mother refused to drive or be driven outside of our home town for years. She also wouldn’t fly or go on a ship. But she overcame it step by step over many years. And even flew out to visit me in China when I lived there!
    For her own driving, at one point my father would drive her every Sunday to an empty car park and she regained her confidence driving there. Sometimes she would make lots of progress, but then would take a few steps back before making more progress again. The steps back weren’t a bad thing, they allowed her to consolidate her confidence ready to progress again.

@suzycupcake sorry you also went through such an accident.
    I can confirm exposure therapy worked really well for me with my fear of being underwater, drowning etc - I learnt to scuba dive! In the space of a week I went from not even daring to snorkel to diving 20m down on the Great Barrier Reef. I didn’t believe it would be possible until I’d actually done it. The instructor was specially trained to deal with people with fear.
    However it hasn’t worked for my extreme fear of wasps etc so far. 
    Intralipids is a treatment (still a little controversial) proposed for people with high natural killer cell activity (NKa) or some other immune issues in order to reduce the overactive immune response (it can also form part of the treatment for people who can’t take food by mouth, but that’s a totally different use...). They can be used alone or together with IVIG treatment (which is replacing a part of the blood plasma). ***TW loss - it’s normally in fertility circles a treatment explored when someone has many recurrent miscarriages or repeated IVF failures end TW***
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @emmasemm I was so thinking it would just be a couple of days of positives like normal. Again my body is like, nope, CURVEBALL! I really really hope tomorrow I get a temp spike. I'm exhausted and sore....lol. Your Sunday sounds so lovely! I wish we had a fireplace for cold, damp days.

• Options
    @josie12367 Ughhh I'm sorry. I was so hoping you'd get that temp rise today.  :/ So glad I'm not the only one that can't keep up with ED! That's good that you and YH are on the same page about it. 
    @emmasemm A cozy day cuddled up by the fire sounds glorious! Enjoy! That's really awesome that exposure therapy helped you with your fear of water. I don't like the water either. I went snorkeling with MH a couple of years ago but didn't make it very far before I started getting really scared. I can't imagine scuba diving! How fun that you were able to work up the courage to go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef. You've gone on so many cool adventures. :)

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Sex, OPKs. I've been having fertile CM since CD7 which is super weird, so now I'm wondering if I'm going to have an early O, or maybe it's just a strange cycle. 

R/R: MH and I went to brunch this morning and it was delicious! It was lightly snowing and we had a beautiful drive through some cute neighborhoods on the way there. Planning to go grocery shopping later during the Superbowl so we don't have to deal with crowds (neither of us like to watch sports so we enjoy taking advantage of low crowds out and about during the Superbowl!).
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland Thanks for the difference on spotting vs. light! That makes total sense and is a good way to remember. So saying that, I basically had a 3 day period which now makes my cycles even weirder! Brunch sounds so nice! We need to do that more often. We don't care about the superbowl but my husband still feels obligated to watch it as he is a football fan. BORING! Good idea to do your grocery shopping during it!
    @suzycupcake Unfortunately probably not...we have nooo money to be able to spend, so if we do, it would have to be something that costs nothing. Very few things in life are free. <cries> But I am okay making a date at home.
    @galactickates OMG those are my second fav commercials. I totally forgot about that at first!
    @dreamscapes_ SOO sorry about your anxiety and panic attacks regarding driving after the accident. That's soo hard. It's great that you are getting help to process it. It's one of my worst fears to get into a car accident.
    @emmasemm So glad your dinner went well! And the snow sounds sooo nice!

• Options
    I did the search function but I had some trouble finding more recent information, and I apologize if it's been discussed recently. But what are the best recommendations for Basal Body Therms? I figured I would do an amazon order with my pack of HPT's. I read that Mabis was good, but it's only got 3 stars...but the price is great at $7.23. I really need the lowest price possible but I one that wouldn't be wasting my money.

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 You should be totally fine with the $7 Mabis. The reviews for it look pretty good and if you get a bad one, you can always return it or contact Amazon for a refund. I have this one from Amazon for $15, and I really like it, but it also has a 3 star review. I've learned that you can't really trust online reviews all the time! Hope you find something fun to do tonight while YH watches the Superbowl! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland That's a good point! 

• Options
    @offtoneverland I accidentally hit post reply before I was finished typing lol. I may actually go with the one that you have because it comes with three pregnancy tests which is a good deal! And I can do $15!