June 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Thursday! (2/1)

I know we have the rant thread, but it feels like we need a special place to hear all your WRONG opinions! 

Image result for wrong opinion gif
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday! (2/1)

• Loading the player...
  • @LaceyBee522 false. Avocado is delicious. 

@mytinc you are correct, madam. I hate all things hazelnut, including Nutella. I cannot be trusted around a container of chocolate Jif whips, however. That stuff is my crack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @elsie42 I've never known anyone that sold LLR, so have never bought any. I turned away from it generally when there were all those stories about it basically ripping in half.

@mytinc Before I knew I was allergic to tree nuts, my best friend's mom would always give us Nutella. This was back in the 90's before it was really big in the US. It always made me really sick, so I'd tell her I didn't like it. I remember she would imply that it was just my midwestern upbringing that I couldn't understand good European tastes...le sigh. (Note: I didn't realize that was what she was implying when I was a kid, but looking back as an adult, I get that's what she meant.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All of these opinions make no sense. Avocado, nutella, mushrooms and tomatoes are delicious.  

I admit I own one pair of LLR leggings, mainly to support a friend selling them.  I wear them to bed.  They developed a hole the first day I wore them.
  • Also, Oreos are awful.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @mytinc I hate Oreos, but love cookies and cream ice cream. Go figure.
  • That's funny because that's one of my favorite ice creams @kfren.  I guess I should amend my UO to "I don't like oreos... on their own or dunked in milk."

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • Ok - I'll move off the food topic.  I dislike Minions and the Despicable Me movies.

First Son - born 2013
  • Mushrooms are the equivalent of eating pencil erasers. It's like chewing on rubber. Gross.
  • <3 Mushrooms.

First Son - born 2013
  • @mytinc Nooooooooooo! The minions are so adorable! I made MH buy me the minion bath soap/shampoo (for children) because it was shaped like a minion and the soap smells like bananas! 

Image result for minion gif
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Avocados and guacamole are glorious. 

My SIL asked me my favorite color at Christmas time (orange) so she got me a pair of orange LLR (my first pair).  They are super comfy but I just feel like I can't wear them out because they don't match my clothes/style.

Yep, nutella is disgusting.  I actually hated peanut butter too for the longest time and would only eat one type of almond butter.  But one time I ran out and there was only peanut butter in the pantry and I just really wanted some nutty, buttery goodness.  So now occasionally I'll eat peanut butter with apples.  Still hate anything peanut butter flavored though (i.e. cookies).

Also not a fan of oreos!  Mushrooms are delicious and tomatoes are awesome as long as they are not on my burger.  I did almost choke once by accidentally swallowing a whole cherry tomato, so it took me a while to get back into those, but they are a delicious snack.

• mmmm all the mushrooms.  My 18 month old SLAMS some mushrooms.  She asks for them specifically...I'm 100% ok with that!
  • Mushrooms and Nutella are both gross.  

I don’t understand music concerts or musician obsession. Being packed in like sardines, asticky floor, music that doesn’t sound as good as the recording. They are just people and some of them are entitled aholes.
  • @becca_123 Orange is my fave color, too, and peanut butter w/apples is my go-to snack. 
  • @mytinc I don't really understand the minions. I've never seen the movies all the way through, just bits and pieces and I guess they're fine...But I can't stand stupid memes with a random photo of a minion. Why put the quote "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" next to a picture of a little yellow monster guy? It makes no sense!!
  • @becca_123 I must have been hallucinating because I almost liked your post thinking you said avocados and guac are gross (not glorious). Lol!

@krashke I miss Dance Moms. Why did Abby have to go and end up in jail. Womp womp.

Agree that mushrooms are no bueno. I like the flavor (i.e. mushroom soup), but hate the texture. The one exception being the fried shitakes at Eataly's upstairs restaurant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @glitterfingers I kind of agree with the concert thing, but I am really picky about who I choose to see. I pretty much only see artists that I know sound great live (KT Tunstall, John Prine, Ryan Adams) and don't charge an arm and a leg. 
  • @krashke I like excel for personal projects and certain work projects, but I HATE when I have a work project that is ONLY excel. Like yo, I’m not an accountant. 
  • 1. All of the above mentioned foods are delicious.
    2. Love Despicable Me 1 and 2
    3. I'm wary of all MLMs

• Avocado - Nasty
    LLR - I still have a bunch, but i'm so over it.
    Nutella - Love in moderation
    Tomato - YUCK!  the only time i ever ate ketchup was when i was pregnant with DD
    Mushrooms - YUCK!
    Oreo - yum!!  Did anyone ever have the Mega Stuffed???
    Cookies and Cream - YUCK, which is funny because i like Oreos
    Minions - YES!  so adroable
    Excel - LOVE!! I'm a Nerd

AFM - I can't stand Will Ferrell 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • -Tomatoes are life. I literally just at 1.5 raw tomatoes as a snack. 
    -Avocados and guacamole are delicious. 
    -I’m allergic to nuts and peanuts, so ew to all nut butters. Sunbutter is good but not like life changing or anything. 
    -I’m not a biggest fan of the texture of mushrooms but the flavor is yummy. 
    -Oreos are whatever. They are egg-free, so I buy them for DD. 
    -Stand alone Minions are annoying but the first Despicable Me was cute. 
    -I love me some Excel. There’s something so satisfying about creating perfect formulas for your needs. 
    -I’ve never seen Dance Moms. That lady gives me the creeps. 
    -Live music is wonderful. I wish more bands I liked toured near me but it’s only like Austin, NYC, and LA. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I much prefer going to a physical store than ordering off Amazon Prime. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • elsie42 omg MLM…. It’s all fun and games until nearly everyone you know is selling something.  I wanna try Lash Boost after this baby comes, and I already have anxiety thinking about which R+F friend or coworker I will buy from.

I love ALL these foods mentioned!  Give me all the mushrooms and tomatoes and cookies and cream.  Just kee any and all mustard away.

• I think burgers and most other meats are better without the bread.

Wow that was really boring :lol:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @LaceyBee522 aww sorry to burst your non-avocado-loving bubble  :p

@sunshineandwhiskey I hate Will Ferrell too but actually think the Daddy's Home 1&2 movies are hilar and I can totally tolerate him in them.
  • add me to the will Ferrell being terrible club.  I just can't...so over the top and DH thinks he is great...just no.

• @sunshineandwhiskey Step Brothers is one of my favorite movies. I never cared for WF before, but there's something about he and John C. Reilly together that I really enjoy watching (except in Talladega Nights.)
  • going to join in on the big no on avocado. I bought it once or twice when trying new foods for DS and it tasted like dirt. maybe I just didn't pick good ones.

tomatoes are amazing. I can eat them like apples.

and I'm reeeeally judging you non oreo lovers. my pregnant self hasn't liked them. but not pregnant..dipped in milk. ugh!

I don't know if this is unpopular or not. I actually think most people will agree with me but we'll see. the effin kardashians. Can they seriously just go? I'm so sick of all their shows. and I'm really tired of hearing if the one is pregnant or not. who cares!?
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I've never liked the Kardashians and never watched any of their shows or followed what they're doing.  I don't understand how they are news, @catlady1215.

First Son - born 2013
  • edited February 2018
    @catlady1215 ETA: regarding the Kardashians:
    dave chappelle snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
  • catlady1215  - I've never understood the kardashians!  I've never seen an entire episode of their show.  I don't get it.  I dont' want my daughters looking up to them...why do people care??  In all fairness though, I feel that way about a lot of celebrities.  They're just people guys...why are you idolizing them unless they've done really good philanthropic work or something to stand out/make a difference.