June 2018 Moms

Re: PSA: Listeria Recall Panera Cream Cheese

• Options
    I just read this on our local news stations website! I've been to Panera for a bagel and cream cheese several times in the last month. Luckily no sickness here. Guess I'll have to find a different bagel fix!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not Panera!!! Noooooo....

also watched that ^ episode of Drunk History this weekend and it's hilarious. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I think it’s way over rated too.  I can find something there if it’s the only option but I certainly don’t choose it when there’s other places around.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I think typically we are on the same page with things but in this case you are wrong. I don't get Panera bagels all that often but their mac & cheese, sandwiches, soups and salads are amazing. Damn now I want Panera. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke no no no no no lol. I think part of it is probably that their veg options are bad IMO, I have no idea if I'd prefer it if I ate meat? I hate all the things similar to Panera, though... Cosi.... what are the others? I forget. It all just seems like microwaved food to me. Though, I suppose, the one thing I cannot complain about in NYC are the food options, so perhaps I am just v spoiled. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I think most of the time the things I get at Panera are veg. Aside from probably some chicken breast on a salad. You might just be spoiled. I mean we have some really great food around here but when we're running errand on a Sunday in the burbs its quick and somewhat "healthy" 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Looooove Panera.  Had to go get an Asiago bagel with butter today - yum!
  • Options
    I would pick most other quick food over Panera, but it's possible I'm also spoiled (I do most of my eating out in Chicago). My H always says that Panera makes him "bubbly," by which he means it gives him heinous indigestion, so maybe that influences me, too. Agree with @doxiemoxie212 on the veg options...the veggie sandwich is trash, and the salads have no protein if you ditch the chicken. 

Just as an FYI, this is coming from someone who LOVES Taco Bell. Crunchwrap supreme--sub beans for beef--forever and always.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Have you ever had their watermelon and arugula salad? I think it may be seasonal because it's not on their website currently. I had that so many times last summer. Yum. They have some interesting looking broth bowls I'd check out if I were going there right now.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista I only ever go to Panera if I have to be in the suburban Midwest for client meetings lol. I’m not sure if there are any in nyc? We have so many great salad places (sweetgreen is my personal fav), and for whatever reason I always like salads more when I watch them make it fresh, can see all the ingredients, etc., rather than back in a kitchen or whatever. Lol #foodpsychology? 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 you are probably spoiled with your city options, lol. I used to eat at Panera fairly often (before kids/staying home) I mostly eat veg. and would get the black bean soup with the greek salad or sandwich. Or I'd work on my laptop and get coffee and a muffin. I feel like Panera's value to me is that you know what you're gonna get and it fits the bill if you need to meet someone for lunch at a place a bit nicer than Subway.