Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Mon 1/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:  

CS/Q:

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night?
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: WTO Mon 1/29

• @catlady2015 Fx today is O day for you!

Month/Cycle: 11/12

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: trying on our own

R/R: First day of spring semester for me! I teach at the university level, for those who don't know me well yet. Looking forward to a new batch of students and hoping all goes well with class #1 today! Rant in spoiler. *tw* pregnancy announcement
    My mom called this weekend to tell me one of my cousins is ku. Ummm... I literally haven't seen this person in at least ten years. I do NOT need to know. My mom knows we've been dealing with IF and are super stressed about ttc. I don't know what she was thinking.

CS/Q: No chart to stalk

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? I am a terrible singer, so I would never voluntarily sing karaoke! If I could sing, I'd probably go for a Beatles song.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Temps, Charting, OPK - "High" OPK today. Ovulation should be Wednesday. After a wonky cycle last time, I feel like things are aligning properly for a normal cycle this time.

R/R:  Rave: We had a great weekend. It was the right amount of getting things done, relaxing and playing with DD. I feel ready to tackle the week for the first time in a while.

CS/Q: None

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Just about anything. If I had to pick it would probably be Mmmbop.
  • @darkstar42 - happy first day of classes! Hope your lectures go well. :) 
    @brookepdavis - hope your cycle cooperates!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Hoping O day is today!
    @darkstar42 I'm sorry your mom did that. That's insensitive. That's something my mom would say without even thinking. 
  • Month/Cycle: 15/15

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R:  Watched the season finale of shameless now I got to wait till the end of feb for walking dead to come back on. So Sunday night tv will be boring for a whlie .  :/

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Say hello to heaven- temple of the dog.
  • @LJMoon6 I totally understand the crazy over analyzing of the days. Do it today and hope for the best. You can't go back in time this cycle. Maybe it's good to try something a little different than your last cycles. FX you haven't missed the FW.
  • Month/Cycle: 13/5

CD: 18 

WAYDTGKU: Nothing...calling to make an appointment and to get the testing process started

R/R:  FFS, I'm spotting again. Opks are still super light too. I'm thinking it's going to be another an-o cycle. Picture of calendar below to see the carnage in my uterus this month...

CS/Q:

GTKY: Hmmm....I don't karaoke, but I'll try any song really. As long as I have the words I'm good to go...And alcohol...lots of alcohol
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Dirty bored lurker, although, "technically" I am waiting to O.

@darkstar42, I am sorry your mom did that, mine does stuff like that all the time.  I think she is thinking she is helping, since I might found out from someone else.  Good luck with the new semester!  I think I asked before, but what do you teach?

@Stargazer1lily , I LOVE that song, and the whole album. I haven't listened to it in  a while, now I have inspiration for my drive today. I too have nothing for tv lately, so I have resorted to playing PlayStation.
  • @catlady2015 Yay for O day!
    @darkstar42 Super not nice of your mom to do that. That's so rude!! Good luck today! What do you teach?
    @brookepdavis Hope your cycle is normal this time!
    @LJMoon6 Omg girl, I understand over analyzing. I could have sworn my O day was one day and now I think it was like 3 days later than I thought since AF showed 3 days later than it was predicted. Blah!  I am sure you are just fine though!! -3 and 0 day is good! That would leave some good strong swimmers! XF for you!!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Well we tried to just wing it for the most part last cycle so I don't stress much. (I did pay attention to CM) but I may bring it up a notch this month. So this cycle will be: CM, drink way more water, exercise for 20-30 min a day, seriously considering BBT and/or OPK's depending on funds this month. And probably try to feed my husband anything that is "supposed" to "help" sperm count. lol. Doesn't hurt right?

R/R:  Rant: After another BFN yesterday, AF showed this morning, 3 days later than predicted. I started having a bad ache break out since Friday, and I had some mild cramps leading up to today so I am bracing myself for this week. My AF has been so wonky since October, I don't know if it'll be a 14 day AF or 6 day. I am predicting for 6 day since that's close to what it's been last couple months. Darn it body...get back into gear!

CS/Q: Nothing I can think of right now.

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Hmm...as long as I have had quite a few drinks, I may be comfortable enough to sing anything from Shania Twain or Martina McBride.
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @catlady2015 Late O is so annoying!!!
    @darkstar42 Ugh, I'm sorry for the announcement. I don't think people really get how hard it is to hear those announcements when dealing with IF.
    @brookepdavis I forgot about Hanson!! They were awesome!
    @LJMoon6 My first few charts were super crazy looking too - but eventually I figured out the way my body worked (for me I need a solid sleep chunk more than the exact same time every day to get a consistent number) and things evened out. Hope you can catch that egg today!
    @josie12367 That is so frustrating! I am keeping my fingers cross you do O this month!!
    @Whitmore1027 I hate when AF is late and you are still getting BFNs - the worst mind trick! Definitely temping will help with that since you will know when AF is supposed to show since your LP stays consistent - once you know your O date (which can vary in the cycle) you know how many days after that to expect AF.

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: All the things - except ovulating apparently.

R/R: I still haven't gotten a positive OPK and they aren't even getting darker yet (which mine usually do for a few days leading up to a positive) - it's not unheard of for me to have a late O but if it's more than 3 days out it will screw with my day 3 bloodwork next cycle which means I won't be able to do it until March's cycle and I want answers now! Also, it's Monday so ew.

CS/Q: Not this month - although regretting my decision to not temp now that my cycle is off!

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Strokin' by Clarence Carter - every time. Sometimes followed by I will survive.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @meladams10 Haha, I told my husband yesterday that I should just test because then AF would show up and we can just get this next cycle started.
    *Possible TW in spoiler due to previous pregnancy TTC*
    While trying for my first born, literally every month that I would take a test, it would be BFN and AF would show within a couple hours. It was SO frustrating, so I now will make it a thing to just do that so it'll get the next cycle going. Hahahaha....time to go by a bunch of HPT's in bulk.
    Yay for your FW coming!! And GL with temping!

@elothair I have been debating whether I want to start temping (and/or OPK) this cycle or wait a couple months...I wasn't sure if I wanted to add possible stress because I am an anxious person (and I am horrible at remembering to do something everyday at the same time so I feel like I would be setting myself up for failure), but then again, I really feel like I need to try everything that would help this go around. I did read that LP stays consistent, so it's just the O day that can vary right? Is it normal that O day changes, or can some people have really predictable O day? For example, the apps predict O day and AF start, which is normally most accurate?

• @Whitmore1027 - i know this wasn't addressed to me, but I wanted to weight in here. 

Your LP is typically consistent (maybe a day or so variation in length). Your follicular (pre-O) phase can really vary. Some ladies have super consistent cycles and know they O on the same day, or one of two days. Some others, well, we're not so lucky. I've O'd from CD10-15, and it just depends on the cycle. After a couple cycles, you'll see how long your typical LP is, and you can consistently use that # to go from O date to the day AF would likely show up. If you use FF, it'll adjust this for you, based on when they confirm O. 

We had some discussion in this past weekend's WTO about the stress with temping vs OPK's, and you may want to revisit that thread. It's going to come down to what will work better for you, and sync with your lifestyle. I personally do both, but that helps me tamp down the crazy (weird as it seems). If you are trying to confirm that you O'd,  temping is the only way you to do that yourself. the OPK's will tell you that you surged, but it's possible to get multiple surges in a cycle, so it won't confirm O. If you're just wanting to pinpoint when to N&C, OPK's will certainly serve that purpose. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @LJMoon6 It`s been a constant emotional roller coaster since season 7 ep1 but I`ve kept watching. I don`t know how much longer I will tho if they keep killing the original cast off.
  • @catlady2015 Thank you!! That confirms the info I was trying to understand and helps a lot! Yeah I think I was the reason that discussion started...Hahaha... :s It's all good! I'll figure out what works for me. I love being able to see everyone's journey and just how different everyone's is! I definitely didn't know about how the OPK doesn't quite pinpoint O due to possible multiple surges. That's great to know! Sorry, what does N&C mean? (Still learning all the abbrev.) :)

• N&C = netflix and chill. It's a new one we came up with recently, as a substitute for HIO. b/c we all know what really happens when we watch netflix...  :p
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @Whitmore1027 Agree with what @catlady2015 said - for me my O varies from about day 16 - day 23 so definitely not consistent although usually it is around day 17. But some ladies have huge variations! And N&C is netflix and chill - new words/abreviations for sex seem to happen a lot and it's hard to keep up!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Month/Cycle:  1/1

CD: 5 

WAYDTGKU: Trying to track my cycle, hoping things get back to normal, reconnecting with my husband

R/R:  My husband said his birthday this past weekend was his "best birthday ever!" and we were able to reschedule our romantic weekend away to right around Valentines day. As much as I think it's a ridiculous holiday, I know *he* will like it. 

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Something country. I learned to talk in Texas, and when I sing, the leftover twang comes out. So embarrassing. 
  • @catlady2015 @elothair Ohh hahaha. I should have been able to figure that one out!! lol! Thanks for the info ladies! I have a game plan for this cycle now.

@sassysweetiepie I agree, Valentines is ridiculous. The best thing about it though, is the discounted candy afterwards. lol.

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: opk, bbt, bd eod, prenatal vitamins

R/R:  I just got a Himama bbt tracker, which I kind of love, except the app. But I can transfer the data. I was having trouble with the stupid thermometer because of sleeping next to the open window sometimes. Rant: I'm posting on my phone, which incorrects every acronym--it wanted to say ppl, bbl, nb, also a pain to @ anyone. 

CS/Q: I've seen some people say they do opk tests twice a day, what is the advantage of this? Would closer to possible O day be better to test more often?

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Probably Do you love me, the Contours, because it is silly and fun to sing. 
  • @sassysweetiepie @Whitmore1027 I used to love the discounted Valentines candy, until my pup got into it. Most expensive candy ever after she was done. Now I just look for cheap flowers. Stupid dog is a chocolate addict, in recovery!
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited January 2018

@brookepdavis Thank you, that really helped. I can’t go back in time, I can’t change the past.  It is good to change it up since it hasn’t been working.  I just needed to hear someone else say the same thing lol

@josie12367 FX that this cycle gets better for you.

@whitmore1027 Ugh I know I just need to keep telling myself that changing it up is a good thing. 

@meladams10 Thanks! I agree that hormone testing should be included in general health coverage… I’m wondering if you could get your doctor to code it correctly and then it would be?  I’m thinking about asking my doc this same question if this cycle doesn’t work. 

@elothair Sorry for your late O screwing with your CD3 testing. I knew temping would be hard for me, that’s why I hadn’t tried till now.  I’m such a light sleeper and usually have to pee twice throughout the night.  And I think I’ve been waking up early in anticipation and causing my temps to be off. I also sleep with pups, sometimes they are touching me other times they are on the other side of the bed. I’ll see how the next couple days look, I might just be sticking with OPKs.

@stargazer1lily That just confirms my stance on never watching it again lol.

@sassysweetiepie That’s so good that your H enjoyed his birthday. It sounds like your making some really hard life changes, but it’s good to see some positivity come from it already!

@slightlysillysarah Some people have really short LH surges, so you might miss it if you’re only testing once a day.  For me, mine has been about 24h every cycle.  So I usually need to test twice a day to catch it.

@leafyarch Thanks for the motivation! Sorry for your weird/confusing cycle. I am no help.

ATM: MH got the clear to go back to work! But he has to start tonight on midnights… He’s all crabby about it and doesn’t think he’ll be in the mood to BD. Ugh. I’ll try to work some magic.  Also side note: there has been some crazy activity on campus today.  There’s a guy with a gun in the hotel that is kitty corner to my building. It’s a standoff situation with police.  There’s multiple people involved but they won’t say if they are hostages or not. It started at midnight last night and it’s still going on!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @leafyarch - I wound up with 4 days of a flashing smiley and got my peak on the afternoon of the 4th day. :( If you are drinking, you can mark "drinking", it will be open circle and noted as potentially unreliable, but not officially discarded. If it doesn't make sense with your other data, FF will not take it into account. I try to leave these temps in if at all possible, b/c lots of things could throw it off. I wonder if the stress from YH being in the hospital has delayed your O. Stress is definitely able to do that. :( 

Do you check CM? Still see fertile CM? or has it changed to non-fertile? 

OMG!!!! Please stay safe! what craziness is that? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @leafyarch No I haven't been in yet for any testing. The last work up I had was almost three years ago. Hopefully I'll get my referral in by the end of February, and start testing in March. 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2018
    @catlady2015 Ooooh I'm thinking of sexy secretary who is hot for teacher ;)

@darkstar42 *waves* How did your first class go? With regards to your mother, she probably wasn't thinking at all when she said it. Mine is like that too. She just talks and is excited to share everyone else's any kind of news. And unfortunately, most news pieces out of her mouth are about this topic. I just told her today that it's hurtful. I honestly don't think that se

@josie12367 That's a lot of spotting. I'm glad you are going to go get testing. Huge hugs!

@Stargazer1lily You could always try another show. There is Homeland, The Americans, The Missing, The Fall, The Killing, Ozark, Fortitude, Shadowhunters (a little on the teeny bopper side but still good), . . . I have a lot to list. Try a pilot episode or two.

Month/Cycle: Gonna try our 3rd IUI soon even though we will be switching fertility clinics soon. My current RE is saying that we only get 3 shots with Clomid which is weird. 

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: IUI, Clomid, Hcg shot, and sex. 

R/R:  This Monday for me feels extra Mondayeeee 

Edit: Ffs epic gif fail. Forgot how to do it on my phone. 

CS/Q: Is a 21 day progesterone test necessary if someone is taking Clomid and hcg to ovulate?

GTKY: What would you sing at Karaoke night? Barbies by P!nk 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• edited January 2018
    @LJMoon6 That is crazy! Be safe, have things resolved? 
    We have been making some hard changes - A few calls came in today regarding the potential of moving to be closer to his family. Which would mean a cross country move. Ugh. Not for sure yet, but with two little ones, a sound support network would be welcome. 
    @darkstar42 I *think* moms do that sort of thing because they think other people getting pregnant is like magical juju that you will too. It... doesn't work like that. My mom did that a couple of times too when we were TTC our son, it took us 8 months. Which I know in the scope of things is normal, but it felt like a long time.  I'm sorry that happened to you. 

• @catlady2015 thanks so much for the FF tip! I definitely need to learn a bit more (I’m sure it’ll come with continued use)

maybe the hospital stress delayed O - but still weirded out about the 5 blinking smileys in a row. Will test tonight when I get home (yes it’s 7 PM and I’m still at work - ugh).

in regard to cm - I have only seen EWCM twice in my life. But I get positive OPKs regardless. I do monitor it, but it never gets anything other than creamy.  :/

@josie12367 fx you get to start testing sooner rather than later!
    <3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • Ooh @catlady2015 quick question - do I mark drinking the day that I drink or the day that the temperature is wonky because of the previous days drinking?

• @leafyarch - I mark the day I drank. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 you da bomb.

• @dreamscapes_ - for the most part, we just watch too. Turning it on doesn't automatically mean something will happen. Most of the time, this is us. 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19