August 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 1/26

How are our workouts going? 

I went back to teaching Bodypump this week after a 6 week break. It was awesome seeing my class and telling them why I’ve been MIA. Took it easy though but still sore the next day. I also did a basement workout last night and have a bag packed for the gym after work today if I’m still motivated. I need to walk at least since it’s too cold for me outside right now. 

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/26

• This week, workouts have been pretty good. I am feeling better with more energy. Yesterday's workout was probably the best I've had since I got pregnant. And I bought a bunch of weights for home so I can workout at home, too. 
  • I've been pretty good this week! Did a couple prenatal videos by bodyfit by Amy. I'm feeling a little discouraged because I'm 12 weeks and have already gained 4-5 lbs depending on the day. But I'm hoping with the nausea going away more each day the workouts will help me stay fit this pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been sick this week, so that plus my SCH means I've been laying pretty low this week. I did go to yoga on Wednesday, and yesterday I did a little low impact booty workout so I'm feeling good about that. Going to try to do some more yoga today if I don't pass out when I get home. 
  • I’ve been terrible this week since since DS has been sick. I did a 20 minute at home workout on Wednesday. Hoping to make a yoga class tomorrow. 
  • I’m finally feeling like my energy is improving enough that I can work out again! I’m not doing anything crazy- just walking the dog or doing a 20-30 minute workout video.
  • I do feel like my energy is better in the mornings now as long as I got a good night sleep. I did yoga yesterday afree not exercising for almost 2 weeks. Hope I can keep going. I just don’t know what to do since my tailbone pain flares up so easily. I’m having to keep it pretty low impact.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 my tailbone is hurting, too! Ugh! 
  • I’m taking a week off. I’m just been way to tired and killing myself to get to the gym. Will get back on it soon.
  • Not exercise but I’ve been so bad at not using my standing desk at work either but I have been busting out my ball chair at times because that seems more comfortable than my desk chair right now. 
  • I think I am finally ready to get back to the gym this weekend, I even pulled out my super neglected as of late running shoes to motivate myself! Definitely plan on starting back easy though since it's been a good 6 weeks since I did an actual workout. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @lalala2004 my tailbone is hurting, too! Ugh! 
    Yeah, and then some stupid kid spilled hand sanitizer in the hallway and I fell right on my ass. So I imagine I’ll be in a lot of pain tomorrow. The chiropractor is going to have all my money by the end of this pregnancy.
    *Siggy Warning*

• rocknrrollmomrocknrrollmom member
    edited January 2018
    Not exercise but I’ve been so bad at not using my standing desk at work either but I have been busting out my ball chair at times because that seems more comfortable than my desk chair right now. 
    I wish I used my standing desk. I had a really good habit going and then I stopped when I was in my third trimester last pregnancy. I got to the point where I couldn't talk to my clients standing up because I would just get out of breath. I should have used it when I got back from maternity leave because it's so much better for you than sitting. Good call on the ball chair!

edited- typo
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• I went to the Y twice this week and I attended a Barre3 class once. This is after weeks and weeks of hibernating. I’m so glad I have this new energy. I’m hoping I can keep this up! 
  • I tried going for a run with the jogging stroller this morning. It was finally warm enough to but phew! It was tough, I had to walk quite a bit but it was so nice to be outside    B)

Hello from Detroit!

• @rocknrrollmom you go girl!  It’s almost 60 today after yesterday it was like 30 something so after nap we’re taking the dog for a walk!
  • F47F47 member
    @scottishlass1213 I wish I still had a membership at the Y. I LOVE BodyPump and feel like it would actually keep me motivated. Unfortunately, it’s not in my SAHM budget. I just told DH last night I’d love to be certified to teach. What all does that entail? 

I worked out four times this week, but nothing really strenuous. I did the rowing machine twice and did a prenatal glute workout one night, and a prenatal leg workout yesterday. I must say, the leg workout was great...my hamstrings are so sore. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @F47 for bodypump specifically you don’t need to be certified in group fitness (though I am since I used to teach other classes) so for bodypump it’s a two day pretty intense instructor training in person. Then you have 60 days to practice and then film yourself teaching the whole class. That gets submitted and assessed to be passed for full on certification. However you only have to do it once unless you stop paying for the quarterly releases and choreography, which is also a requirement. 

• F47F47 member
    @scottishlass1213 I’ve fallen down the Google rabbit hole on this since I asked. How much are the quarterly releases?
  • They’re $39.95  so I mean I only teach one class a week and it’s still worth it. I use it as pocket change money which usually gets spent on massages or more fitness stuff haha. 

If if you can find a gym sometimes they’ll pay or contribute towards the cost of initial training. I know the Y I teach at is always dying for subs. They offer several BP classes a day.  Plus on rope you get free membership as an instructor. 
  • F47F47 member
    @scottishlass1213 Thanks for all the info! This is something I’d love to pursue after baby. I became a SAHM in January and I think if I could find a few 6 a.m. classes to teach before DH is up and out, it would be a good way for some me time, and at least a little bit of cash. 
  • You’re welcome! I started it after DS 1 as something for me, like a little hobby. Plus I figured if I enjoy it and am going to workout anyways, might as well make some cash from it hahah. 
  • I did 30 minutes of a long and lean prenatal workout DVD that I used with DS yesterday and my arms are sore today. 
  • I managed to eek out 30 mins on the treadmill at the gym last night, before heading home to deal with a pukey toddler. I paced around a 13:30 mile, which seems super slow to me, but when I was running it it did not feel all that slow...
  • I actually exercised today! And because I've been so frustrated about what to do, I've actually made my own plan to follow each week using some low impact Beachbody on Demand workouts along with the Prenatal workouts. I just want to actually be able to do something without heavily modifying. Hopefully I'll start feeling better and I can stick with it. Then maybe I'll do PiYo or something. And then in third tri I'll hopefully start doing aqua yoga a couple times a week in addition to what I do at home. I'm really looking forward to that, but I don't think I can swing it until the summer (I'm a teacher).
    *Siggy Warning*

• I've been trying to do at least a little bit of exercise almost every day.  I had a great routine of walking outside but its been so cold in Boston and it was snowing again this morning so I made like a hamster and got on the treadmill.  I also found some first tri strength training routines on pinterest that are fairly quick and manageable.  

I used to be in such great shape and was always training for a race but I stopped when started IVF and know I don't even feel like the same person anymore.  I'm hoping this group will keep me motivated and accountable! 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I totally understand. It's like the minute I got pg I lost all motivation and I am someone that feels guilty normally if I don't work out 4-5 times a week.  So I don't know if this is a good, bad or temporary thing!
  • F47F47 member
    @lalala2004 which Beachbody workouts are you planning to do? I just started a free 2-week trial yesterday. I did the First Trimester workout last night and it was good, but I could’ve used more of a challenge. 
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited January 2018
    F47 said:
    @lalala2004 which Beachbody workouts are you planning to do? I just started a free 2-week trial yesterday. I did the First Trimester workout last night and it was good, but I could’ve used more of a challenge. 

This is my plan for 5 workouts a week. If you’re feeling up to it, you could manage 21 Day Fix or T25. I’m just having a ton of tailbone pain, so any impact, jumping, etc is out for me. PiYo would probably be a good one, too.

You v 2 is a cheesey low impact dance workout, ala Richard Simmons, but it will serioisly get your heart rate up. Country Heat is also a dance workout that’s easy to modify for less impact.
    *Siggy Warning*

• F47F47 member
    @lalala2004 Thanks! I tried 21 Day Fix full body cardio tonight. I had to modify a few things, but mostly it felt great. Appreciate the advice. 
  • I also did the Brazil Buttlift ones later into my last pregnancy. They are pretty cheesy, but the Carnivale ones were fun and I didn't have to modify much. They were also more total body and incorporated cardio instead of just butt work lol. Oh, I also did Chalean's older ones, like Turbo Jam, which I found to be a bit easier towards 3rd trimester. 

Hello from Detroit!

• I taught yesterday and man is it already getting hard to talk and instruct the moves at the same time, even with light weights.  At the end of the tracks I am Dart Vader breathing into the mic LOL  At least everyone knows why but it's still annoying and makes me totally feel unfit!
  • I taught yesterday and man is it already getting hard to talk and instruct the moves at the same time, even with light weights.  At the end of the tracks I am Dart Vader breathing into the mic LOL  At least everyone knows why but it's still annoying and makes me totally feel unfit!
    Oh no! That has got to be tough! I can't even make it up a flight of stirs right now without getting slightly winded. I can't imagine talking to a group while working out. Good for you for keeping it up though!

Hello from Detroit!

• We shall see how long I last! It’s only one class a week and forces me to exercise so as long as I can even if I end up no weights, missing reps etc
  • Anyone here lift weights?  I lift... I was modifying workouts at first but I'm sort of starting to go back to heavier weight but I'm breathing heavier so I have to stop.  BUT if I go light, I feel like I have to do so many reps to feel anything or get sore. For example, today I did back and I did deadlifts at 95lbs.  I usually do about 115, maxed out at 135 pre-pregnancy.  If I lift 85 its a waste, I don't even feel it but if I do 95-110 or so, I'm breathless.  NO idea what to do. Will I get my stamina back in second tri?    It makes me feel like I am not getting in a good workout.  I'm sort of confused on what I should do to get a good workout in or maybe I need to adjust my mindset and be happy that I am even getting to the gym.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I lift and I’ve had to cut back quite a bit due to just energy and breathlessness. Hoping it comes back but doubtful I’ll be doing what I was doing pre pg for a long while,