September 2018 Moms

Friday Confessions!

It’s time for some Flame Free Friday confessions! (FFFC)

Fair warning for the newbies, it’s not always flame free ;)

Re: Friday Confessions!

• I enjoy circumcision debates-as long as people are civil and not name-calling. I always let someone else start them though. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @codesoncodes Right there with you. My poor H, I could pick for hours.
  • @spottedginger Yeah no, definitely not civil there. That's why I never make the choice to start them.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SkilledSailor it’s a fact that the AAP recommends no alcohol during pregnancy, so you can’t disagree that that’s their recommendation. But you absolutely can disagree with the assertion that any alcohol during pregnancy is harmful, because that is certainly not a fact. The AAP made their general, widespread recommendations based on the evidence available...and you are certainly free to read all the same evidence and disagree with their recommendations (as the European agencies have done!). That’s the distinction! 
  • jhjocelynjhjocelyn member
    edited January 2018
    my mil and sil w her 7 mo came over today, it was awkward because they tried comparing the baby to my dd at the baby’s age. DD had trouble gaining and growing (ya know, from the disease that interferes w our lives rather intensely).... “oh isn’t baby just the same size as dd was?” ...Um no, dd was barely 13 lbs and in size 0-3 at 7months. You’re kid is fine, if they had matched it wouldnt be cute, it would be alarming. 

I’m super irritable and it rubbed me way wrong. Also, the baby has at least 3 lbs on dd at that age. I looked it up ‘cause I was so unimpressed. 

Edited for spelling. 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @SkilledSailor
    I follow a couple people because they have such perfect lives, I’m waiting to see them crash or have to face an actual challenge... and totally judge them just because. ...I am a terrible person sometimes...

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited January 2018
    So another confession: i still remember some of the people from the top of my post it from my last bmb. One of them started shit with the most ignorant mom-shaming post on another bmb today. Makes me feel validated and vindicated that I was right in my past assessment of character. 

ETA: nevermind. Just another idiot with a very similar screen name. 

• Well, I confess that I ended up spending $180 on shipping so it would all arrive (three separate people) on Saturday. And now I feel like a jackass. And I’m terrified bc there’s no turning back from telling them now!
    Kind of cute but very intense. I want an update on how this goes please! I would be so pissed if a shipment didn’t arrive on time. 
  • ah1982 said:
    This is a stupid confession! So, H and I live across the country from our families. We decided that after my first appt and us this past wed, we would send our “surprise, we’re expexting” announcements to our families. Made some cute little gifts and shipped them 2 day air so that they’d arrive Saturday, with notes that say not to open until we tell them to. We’ll FaceTime and do it that way. 

Well, I confess that I ended up spending $180 on shipping so it would all arrive (three separate people) on Saturday. And now I feel like a jackass. And I’m terrified bc there’s no turning back from telling them now!
    I wouldn't feel bad/guilty/whatever. It's your money. You earned it. Spend it on whatever makes you happy. If that moment of FaceTime with your family and getting to see their reactions will bring you and them joy, then it's money well spent. We pay money for experiences all the time if you think about it. 
  • FFFC: I usually don't mind the one off random drive-by posts. Usually. Sometimes I just ignore them and other times I straight up enjoy the drama. (I don't get out much these days.) 
    They do drive me freaking batty though when it gets to where there are 8 different one off posts asking/commenting about whatever it is that EVERYONE is currently going through. If you don't know how to use the search function, fine, whatever, but seriously, you can't just look at say the first half dozen posts on the thread and see that 5 other people already asked your question? I think it's the sheer laziness of it that bugs me.

• Fffc: I am not Google.