September 2018 Moms

last week of septemeber due date check in 1/25

Redpuma119Redpuma119 member
edited January 2018 in September 2018 Moms
If you're due between Sept 22nd and 30th, this is the check-in for you!

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are things going? How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.)

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged)

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while?

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby?

Re: last week of septemeber due date check in 1/25

• Loading the player...
  • @sclarke Send your hubs over here! We want a new rustic table! And  yeah, one perk of fertility issues is lots and lots of dr appointments. I'll take one every week if it means I get to see the babe!

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    5+3 

I feel good right now!  I get really nauseous at times but diceglis (that may be horribly misspelled) is working wonders so far

Upcoming appointments?
    Ultrasound Monday to monitor growth. We saw a 4 week 3 day yolk sak last week so hopefully a 6 week baby will show up Monday. 

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.)
    That it just feels like home. 

We recovered our dining room chairs. 

Oh this is a LONG list. Basically everything. 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby?
    Space. We don't have an empty bedroom this time so configuring how everything will work best will be a challenge. 
  • singastorysingastory member
    edited January 2018
    Either 5+0 or 5+1 depending on which app I’m on lol.

Pretty good mentally. Lots and lots of symptoms (cramping, joint and back pain, lots of #2, fatigue, nausea, canker sores) but I’ll take it any day if it means a healthy baby!

Upcoming appointments?
    First beta on Monday, not sure what will happen after that!

Favorite thing about where you live?
    My job. We’d like to be further upstate NY but no jobs for us up there. 

Recent house projects?
    Organizing and purging after our wedding! 

Household projects on the list?
    Trying to decide whether to stay where we are, rent a bigger place, or buy!

Biggest challenge setting up for baby?
    CLOSET SPACE!!  :s (lack thereof)
    I think I'm about 5+1 according to my LMP! Baby is the size of a black peppercorn! 

I'm in shock... this wasn't expected or planned. My husband and I are major planners. We KNEW we wanted a 3rd, we even talked about starting to TTC next month. But more than anything, I'm so excited! I had baby fever pretty much ever since my 15m old daughter turned 1. 

Upcoming appointments?
    8 week US and appointment to meet the midwives at my practice is scheduled in 3 weeks.

Well we're actually about to move (in 3 weeks)... and we're moving into the most amazing family friendly neighborhood with TONS of kids and babies!! Three of my mom-friends are about to pop out new babies too, so that's super exciting. 

Not a damn thing. 

We've been building our dream home, and we close on Valentine's Day. I have a list a mile long of things to do, things to buy, all for the new house. We're moving in with pretty much no furniture besides our beds and my kids dressers.

I'm horrible at deciding on a theme, but I totally want a theme. Wish me luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

5w4d. ...about the same size as everyone else? :p
    My stomach is never content, and I am super tired, but managing okay so far! 

Upcoming appointments?
    Feb 14! Should be an ultrasound so I’m anxious to get there. 

Our house is set off the road, we can barey see the neighbors, whom we like, and have a food size chunk of woods and field to wander through. Plus we’ve worked hard on the mandscalingg, so i have a flowerbed thst is designed like a maze full of weeds and perennials, and our big veggie garden.

Not since we redid DD’s room fpr her arrival 4 years ago!

Well, I ruined the finish on our hardwood floors, and want to repaint the walls that are not wood. Hopefully this summer we can do those. Then we will need to turn our upstairs master loft bedroom/laundry/bathroom into 2 rooms, for 2 kiddos and we’ll mpve into Dd’s room. ...in theory... or maybe we’ll just sell and move... we want to live on the coast someday.

Finding space for all things baby on top of all the things DD! 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• How far along are you? How big is baby? According to the apps and my LMP I’m 5+3. Size of an Appleseed.

How are things going? How are you feeling? Great. Very few symptoms. I feel good but I’ve had back pain for the last week and a half that’s slowly subsiding. Not sure if it’s related to pregnancy or not. But I’m majorly bloated. Not being able to work out as much with my back being out and gaining weight from the holidays isn’t helping either. Thank goodness for leggings!!!!

Upcoming appointments? Monday is my first blood test! So excited and nervous!

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.) it’s a great neighborhood with lots of families. We just moved in at the end of September and are just happy to not be living in a basement apartment and have a home to call our own. We have a three season porch that I can’t wait to relax on when the weather is warmer

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) we did a lot of cosmetic work after moving (painting) and still have some more unpacking and purging to do

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while? Awhile, no. But we have two bedrooms that need furnishing. One for the new addition and the other we would like to have as a guest room/office/vanity area. 

getting it done in time and buying the things we will need and use and knowing what we can do without. 
  • @arieselle I totally recommend the book “baby bargains” it is a complete index of all things baby, with consumer report and parent reviews and any info you could possibly want to know! It was like my baby bible w my first kiddo. They update it yearly to stay on top of current safety concerns etc.

I’m totally considering getting the latest copy even thougj we kept all our baby gear... 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn thank you for the recommendation!! Will totally check it out!
  • I second getting baby bargains! I was so overwhelmed by car seat and stroller choices and it made it so easy!
    5 +3

Feeling good actually. Nausea is very minimal, which will worry me until my first US. A little more tired than usual, but again, nothing severe. 

Upcoming appointments?
    This coming Thursday at 6 +2 which be first apt. and first ultrasound.

I love how accessible out house is to the major surrounding highways and the neighborhood in general. We could certainly get more house for the money further out from the city, but our commute time would increase drastically. We are also only a couple residential blocks from the elementary school which will be great when DD goes to school. 

We did our bathroom last year, but nothing more recent. The old bathroom had original tile from the 50's and a bath fitter that was showing its age. It was the thing I said needed to be done before DD grew out of her baby tub. 

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while? Haha, everything. At some point we need to decide whether to move or redo the kitchen and put on an extension. Kitchen cabinets are original from 1953 right now. Prices in our area are astronomical though, so moving isn't in the cards for a couple more years. 

Bedroom shuffling and space. Our house is 3 bedrooms, and small. So trying to figure out where to put guests after baby is born with be a challenge. Right now DD is in the smallest bedroom, and I think we'll leave her there so the baby can have the larger guest bedroom in the back of the house. Space will be tight though! Heck, its already tight. 

Def. love the baby bargains book! 
  • knitknitreadknitknitread member
    edited January 2018

Hi! I'm 5 weeks and 4 days? I think? Idk. Anyway, TB is saying it's the size of a pencil eraser.

Things are going pretty well. Nauseous and tired. I can't smell raw meat right now. I'm dreading having to go to the grocery store. 

Upcoming appointments?

I have my first appt on the 29th. It's the confirmation appt and they do a dating ultrasound.

I love that we are so close to our families without being right there. We also have a few cute bakeries and coffee shops. I especially love the yarn store. It's nice to get to just go sit there and knit.

I've been a painting machine for the past few months. I'm proudest of the bathroom. It was a dark brown color and now it's a very relaxing blue. 

We still need to redo the back yard. It has a filled in pool and it's just a mess. I want to get it done this spring or summer. Even if we just get the concrete fixed up, I'll be pleased. 

ETA- I also eventually want to rip up the carpet and refinish the hardwoods. 

I think the biggest challenge will be convincing DD to move to a bigger room just off the kitchen which is currently a catch all room. And that reminds me that we have the added project of closing up the double doorway between those rooms.
  • O
    5w4d (i think). The size od the M on an M&M.

Feeling goood, which worries me. Ha. 

Upcoming appointments? No appointment scheduled, but I'm going to the clinic to POAS and get the pregnancy documented ao i I can start the process!

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.) I love my staight and its four seasons

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) mostly ignoring all the projects that need doing :D

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while? Redoing the room we dubbed "the paneled room" and updating the kitchen. Hoefully we do both before baby comes! 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby? No space/third bedroom! This'll be interesting. ...
  • @arieselle I had some back pain too which is also gettin a little better.  YES to leggings every day, I am super bloated as well. Good luck with bloodwork on Monday :)
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• How far along are you? How big is baby? Me thinks 5+5.  The size of the opening of a straw!

How are things going? How are you feeling?  Some days are better than others, but my regular symptoms are nausea, smells that induce nausea (I'm looking at you, 21 year old in the office heating up the hot pocket), mild cramping and bloat/gas...OMG, the bloat is real!  Unlike last pregnancy, I have ZERO breast tenderness.

Upcoming appointments? First appointment is 2/13.  It should be both an OB appointment and US...hopefully.  :)

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.)  I never get tired of looking west at the mountains!  @sclarke7 Your home sounds like my dream home...so peaceful and lovely! 

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) This was more for DH, but he had our old, tired pool table re-felted with orange bumpers and navy blue with a Broncos logo on it.  It looks pretty amazing and he's really proud of it.  All I care about is that he loves it, so it's a win!

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while?  Our backyard, ugh.  ALL THE THINGS need done...new fence, new grass, build shed, retaining wall, landscape.  I told DH we are not having DD's 2nd birthday party at our house if there's no grass out back for the kids to play on, so it looks like we are having it at a park!

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby?  Nothing too terribly challenging.  Just turning the spare bedroom into the new nursery and getting rid of all the old things we really don't need that are in that closet!  Oh god, the closet...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

I am 5 weeks 5 days! The size of an eraser tip 

I feel queezy, tired, heart rate is high , night sweats,

Upcoming appointments?
    Geneticist on Tuesday , Peri and ultrasound Feb 13th! And check up Feb 20th. 

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.) Like no nautral disasters! Philadelphia area! 

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) no but I'm in nursing school so I'm studying and cleaning the house with all my time

Painting the dresser and shelf in the basement for the guest room which will now be the baby room! ( Hubs has got to paint it now!) 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby? Getting hubby ready honestly. He doesn't know what he's getting into. 
    5 weeks 6 days, about half the size of my pinky nail.

Mostly fine. I have been tired, and went to bed at 8pm Wed. Had some nausea, but nothing too bad. The most noticeable symptom so far is boobs are sore.

Upcoming appointments?
    My first appointment is Feb 7 -- I think that is *just* bloodwork and pap smear, so DH is not coming. After that, we'll have the "big" appointment where we get an US and hear the heart-beat, around week 10-11.

What is your favorite thing about where you live? (House, neighborhood, region etc.)
    I really like my neighborhood. There are lots of families, a park a block away, and great running and walking routes.

We tried to remodel a bathroom ourselves... and that got stalled for quite a bit. Actually hired contractors about a week before my BFP and they are scheduled to complete that project in mid-Feb (in the mean time we've been buying tile, vanity, etc.).

Uh... everything. I like the bones of our house but everything else could use some love. We have a wood-panel dishwasher. I'll leave it at that.  :D

Knowing what we need, and what we can do without.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @sclarke7 thank you that’s reassuring that it’s probably a symptom. I went to urgent care before I got my BFP and was prescribed a muscle relaxer but I had to stop taking it once I knew I was KU, it was only three days. I just keep telling myself that I’m just trying to make a spacious nest for the little bean :)