September 2018 Moms

Third week of September due date check in 1/25

If you're due between Sept 15th and 21st, this is the check-in for you!

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are things going? How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.)

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged)

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while?

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby?

Re: Third week of September due date check in 1/25

• If you're due between Sept 15th and 21st, this is the check-in for you!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 6+1 ladybug or pea 

How are things going? How are you feeling? Ok. Bloated and fatigued. Also have the daycare crud care of DS so congested as heck

Upcoming appointments? Not until 2/9

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.) I love the location and our house

Any projects you've recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) we did a lot of work in the backyard last year - leveled a section from slope and put in sod. It is so nice now

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while? I need to do some major clearing out of junk in our storage areas and get miscellaneous stuff organized

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby? DH is convinced we need to move or expand. We have enough room but not enough closet space in the master so all my clothes are filling the closet in the upstairs guest room that would become DS big boy room. I don’t want to have to move and list the house with two dogs and all the things. Plus I really like our house. Tbd. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 6w - a maine blueberry

How are things going? How are you feeling? MS is kicking in this week. Not as bad as many people so I shouldn't complain, but I'm not enjoying it. Plus enough bloating I can't keep my pants done up anymore.

Upcoming appointments? Nothing until mid-February

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.) Our town is pretty small and quiet but we're still close to everything.

Any projects you've recently done around the house? MH is renovating our master bath right now. The new tile shower is going to be amazing.

Any household projects that have been on the list for a while? Not really. We're just going room by room. After the master bath we only have the other upstairs bath, the 3rd bedroom, and the kitchen to go. 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby? Deciding what to do with rooms. The room DS is in now makes for a great nursery, it's smaller than the 3rd bedroom and it's right next to the master, so it would make sense to put the new baby in there, but I love his room and I'm sad to think about pushing him out of his room already.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • @spottedginger I hate moving. That's why I decided on the addition. DH would rather move but not me.
  • sreysaw17sreysaw17 member
    edited January 2018
    6w3 -- not keeping track this time around.

I'm feeling surprisingly normal. Last pregnancy, I was nauseous all day from 6w to 10w. Maybe it'll be more mild this time? I'm exceedingly thankful but I'll be glad when I get confirmation that there's a baby growing in there.

Upcoming appointments?
    Not until 10 weeks. End of Feb.

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.)
    There's a park right across the street. On nice days (which we do get in between the freezing ones) I've been taking DS for a walk to the park.

A quiet book for DS! I'm three pages in with 2 more coming up soon. DS is 13 months so he's just starting to get interested in it. Currently, his new favorite thing is to zip and unzip my sweater so I'm making 2 zipper pages.

Clean the floor! And now that there's laundry detergent on the floor, it needs to happen before DS wakes up.

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting the house set up for baby?
    We're moving overseas before #2 is born so my biggest challenge will be remembering to pack everything we'll need for the first 3 months. Thankfully we went minimalistic with the first so it shouldn't be THAT hard.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Srey Saw - I dunno how to tag you since there's a space in your name, but we'll be moving overseas before #2 is born as well! DH is already there, and DD and I will head over when I'm around 22/23 weeks. Lots going on, good luck with your move. 

6+0. Sweet pea!

Things are good. Just tired. And I can't seem to stop putting buffalo sauce on everything.

Upcoming appointments?
    Feb. 12th. Hurry up!

It's beautiful in the fall. Close to some state parks. Good schools.

We recently packed up everything and sent it to long-term storage/temporary storage, so no projects.

Nope. I'm just excited to get everything set up in the new place.

The biggest challenge will just be that the entire house needs to be set up. I have all the nursery stuff from when DD was a baby, so I won't have to worry about needing anything new. Except a toddler bed!
  • @bumblenaut Good catch. I took out the space. Maybe that'll make it easier. That'll be rough spending that amount of time without your DH. I hope it all goes smoothly! I'm glad it sounds like you'll have a house ready to move into though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? supposedly 6w exactly.... who knows anymore.... 

How are things going? How are you feeling? Anxiety x 1000. Have had blood tests this week that aren't awesome but aren't terrible... a little tired, a little sore, building Boob Town USA over here. Nauseous when I don't eat, and it comes on fast. 

Upcoming appointments? US scheduled for 2/12... but may get one sooner based on blood work? AAAGGGHHH 

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc.) We just moved into a big 70's ranch on Thanksgiving. The neighborhood is AWESOME and I could literally walk to the hospital if I wanted (but it is still far enough away that I never hear the ambulances). Very convenient for all of my Dr appts -- AND there's a TJ Maxx really close by! Also Louisville is a pretty happenin' little city with amazing restaurants, I'm glad it's "big" enough for me and my husband to have good careers here (we both work in tech) but be able to live in KY (we're both originally from KY).  

sooooooooo many. So much deferred maintenance. Last night DH got in the attic over the addition on our house and THE ORIGINAL ROOF IS STILL UP THERE. We've already had to do rewiring, plumbing, have the dryer re-vented (it's 75 ft long!) and put insulation under the house. I <3 spending money on stupid non-pretty stuff for the house :(

sooooooooo many. We are still putting up blinds and storm windows in our four-season room (the windows are sooo thin and there are EIGHT of them). Also still unpacking. 

Getting rid of all of our junk so the baby doesn't try to eat it. Also, I feel like this house is DIRTY (because of all of the crazy repairs we've done in the last two months we've seen a lot of gross stuff) so I just want it to be clean for the baby. I *am* excited about getting to decorate the nursery :) We have no other kiddos, so we have a room picked out especially for them! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 6w+2

How are things going? How are you feeling? It's going lol. The nausea has kicked in and it's constant. I'm not throwing up so that's a plus. I need to figure out how to cope with the nausea because all I really want to do is crawl into bed and just sleep so I don't feel it, and that's just not realistic with a full time job!

Upcoming appointments? US scheduled for 2/2

What is your favorite thing about where you live? (House, neighborhood, region etc.) It's close to everything and quiet. 

Nope.

Yep...a few - and with me being pregnant now it's time that they get done! The biggest will be cleaning out a spare bedroom that will serve as the nursery. 

Either getting rid of junk that's in the nursery to be, or finding another place to store the junk.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    6 w 5d - Sweet Pea

Things are going. I’m tired but I don’t know if that’s the pregnancy, my RA or a combination of both. No really crazy symptoms.

Upcoming appointments?
    1st appt on Feb 7... 10 days and counting!! 

We live in a small cul de sac. It’s a lot of retired people and so I know people are constantly looking out for our safety and our house. My next door neighbors are the best. They are in their late 60’s. They will watch my daughter for me and help me when my husband isn’t home moving stuff or fixing anything. They also snow blow my driveway because all we have is a shovel. 

I just finished organizing my craft/office room. I feel 1000% better having done that. Now I have a place to work on school or any craft projects without having to use my kitchen counter. 

We need to clean out the garage. When we moved in a year ago, I just became the shit storage. I’d like to be able to park in there. Also, I want to paint DD’s room (which she will be sharing) and get the doors taken off her closet. I saw an idea to put the dresser/changing table in there. Which would be a huge space saver when we have 2 beds.

Moving DD out of her room long enough to fix it up. She’s co sleeping with us now because she’s had a major aversion to her toddler bed. And I’m too cranky and tired to fight her at night. So I guess now would be the time. And just getting DH motivated to get it done! 

6w + 5d. Baby is the size of a pea. 

I’m doing okay. I had some dark brown discharge for the first time today so I’m a little nervous of every cramp or pain in my belly. MS kicked in and nothing sounds good to eat. I’m struggling to eat because of fear of throwing up, which I have been. 

Upcoming appointments?
    This Monday is my intake appointment where they will do urine and blood tests. Next week is the ultrasound (yay!!).

My family and closest friends are here. 

No not lately 

We’d like to replace our kitchen tile. 

Agreeing on furniture. 
    7 weeks today, as big as a blueberry/raspberry

Things are going pretty well, feeling better taking unisom at night, lots of belching and some heart burn. Tired, so tired.

Upcoming appointments?
    Feb 12th, 2 more weeks!

Quiet neighborhood, decent sized property, 5 minutes away from anything we might need.

Nothing recently, the last project that was completed was cleaning out the basement and garage which was majority helpful to get more organized.

Deciding on if we're going to put carpet in our living room, remodeling the hall bath (need to get carpet out before potty training DS, yikes!),  and painting the stairway and living room.

Figuring out if we're changing DS's current room to the guest room, and then not having enough closet space.

6 weeks 3 days

Things are good. Boobs are sore and nausea is coming and going. MS was MUCH worse with my first, so I’m hoping this mild queasiness sticks around instead of turning into what I had last time.

Upcoming appointments?

Seeing my midwife at 10 weeks!

We bought an architectural home from the 60’s and spent almost a year renovating it. We moved in last April, right before my daughter’s bday and are just loving it! We’re in a great neighborhood and 30minutes from my mom ❤️

Every. Single. Thing. We didn’t remove any walls, but we took the house down to the studs and rebuilt it. Stressful, but the finished product is amazing and I feel really lucky to live here.

The last niggling little things that didn’t get finished during the renovation.

Convincing my 4 year old to share her room! She’ll still have a playroom, but I really want them to share a bedroom. Nothing needs to change right away since the baby will be in with us for the first year or two, but down the road, my daughter’s gonna have to get used to having a roomie
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6w6d. Baby measured at .43cm during US last Friday. 

Feeling excited! And nervous all the time. Being an older FTM  (37 yo) with thyroid issues, I get worries something will go wrong. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Thyroid bloodwork on Wednesday to check my TSH levels which skyrocketed after I got pregnant. 

I love how quiet it is but yet still near everything we need. 

Not much lately. Got married in September so a bit project'd out. But can't wait to start planning the nursery! 

Yes, changing out the bathtub. But with baby on the way that may have to wait.