Baby Names
Options

Henry

How much does popularity deter you from using a name, we love Henry and it’s a family name but I worry about popularity. 
Siblings are, Isabelle Alice, Phoebe Rose, and Leo William

Re: Henry

• Options
    I think that the popularity shouldn't matter if the name in question is THE ONE for you and your husband.  The only reason i think that you should allow popularity to affect your decision is if you would regret using a popular name more than you would regret not using your first choice. 

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about popularity at all. It's a family name, you like it, it fits with your sibset and your sibset are all fairly common namesas well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is Henry, and I remember when he was born a nurse made a comment along the lines of, he'll have a lot of Henry's in his kindergarten class! Well he's not quite at kindergarten yet, but has been "in school" since he was 2, and we have yet to come across another Henry in his class (or out and about for that matter).

If you love the name (which of course I do, but I'm biased ;)) then by all means use it! It's a great name that will carry him through adulthood. And everyone I come in contact with always comment on how much they love the name Henry.
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    Thank you so much
  • Options
    It’s a great name and it’s popular but probably about the same level as Leo and Isabelle.  I love Phoebe Rose too! 
  • Options
    I think it flows perfectly with your sibset. Great choice!
  • Options
    mb0112 said:
    It’s a great name and it’s popular but probably about the same level as Leo and Isabelle.  I love Phoebe Rose too! 

Thank you, Isabelle is 15 so it wasn’t quite that popular then, thank you!

• Options
    DS is Henry. I love the name and it’s a family name. We’re super happy with it.
  • Options
    I love Henry and have similar issues with it because of its popularity. It ranks very high in my state and I hear it all the time. we have ultimately chosen not to use it because we also have a top 10 surname. I think if we had a more uncommon last name I would be more open to using it.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    queenbone said:
    I love Henry and have similar issues with it because of its popularity. It ranks very high in my state and I hear it all the time. we have ultimately chosen not to use it because we also have a top 10 surname. I think if we had a more uncommon last name I would be more open to using it.

It’s still on our list but I don’t think I’ll be able to use it, it was #2 in our state last year 
  • Options
    It was #1 in our state last year so I’d expect to hear it way more than I do. I know of only one Henry and do not hear it that often. It’s a great name, if you love it, use it. 
  • Options
    It’s trendinng up for sure, but I only know 1 Henry under 5. My son doesn’t have any in his preschool that I am aware of! It’s a good name!
  • Options
    I love this name. It is also my Father-in-law's name; we would probably be considering it for a middle name, but someone else in the fam recently used it for her son's middle name. Becoming more popular, but not terribly so...a solid, handsome name!
  • Options
    I love this name. It is also my Father-in-law's name; we would probably be considering it for a middle name, but someone else in the fam recently used it for her son's middle name. Becoming more popular, but not terribly so...a solid, handsome name!
    It’s my Husband’s grandfather name, it’s #2 in our state but I love it so much, I think I’ll have to use it if we have a boy 
  • Options
    If it were a family name that had a lot of significance to me, I’d be more open to using a popular name, but typically popularity would be a dealbreaker. 
  • Options
    Henry is a great name! In my surrounding it's not too popular too. However popularity normally would also scare me off
  • Options
    Use it. It's a solid name that is a family name for you. 
  • Options
    Just wanted to remind ya'll that just because a name is #1 or #2 or whatever doesn't actually mean that many babies were given that name.  These days people are so into giving their kids unique names that even the top spots aren't truly that common.  For example - The top name in my state in 2016 was Liam.  Guess how many Liams were born that year?  421.  In my entire state.  in 2016 there were 84,000 babies born.  In my entire state.  So even if you pick the top spot it doesn't really mean much.