September 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Thursday - 1/25

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday - 1/25

• I hate co-sleeping. It's awful and not fun. 

*this is not a commentary on other co-sleeping moms - you do you- I just personally hate it for myself*
  • Sometimes I wish that my H and I always slept in separate beds. He typically gets "kicked out" and sent to the guest room  (that will no longer exist in 9 months) when he's sick or if I am, and I sleep so soundly without him there. He comes to bed late, watches his tablet with head phones until he falls asleep, and never wakes up when DS cries anyway. Why haven't they come up with a sleep timer for tablets yet?!
  • Loading the player...
  • lilsebastianlilsebastian member
    edited January 2018
    @nlc8424 - we instituted a no electronics in the bedroom very early on. H can watch tv or play on his phone as late as he wants as long as it's not in bed.

But I feel you. DH alligator rolls all. night. long. It's so nice to get the bed to yourself! 
  • lilsebastianlilsebastian member
    edited January 2018
    I hate those "cute" videos of toddlers/little kids being fed lines about grown up topics (budgets, dating,  ghosting friends, whatever) like Ava Ryan or Emma and Mila (stauffer?). They're annoying and not cute.
  • @lilsebastian Along the same lines, I hate when people post pics of their toddler with food all over their face and shirt on social media. For example so-and-so's first time having spaghetti! That's gross, not cute, and nobody needs to see that.
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @nlc8424 a king-sized bed and separate blankets saved our marriage, although I'm not looking forward to the loss of our guest room either. Maybe we'll invest in a super comfortable couch. 
  • @e-i-r-i-k I already told DH that we're getting a king sized bed! Between the two big oafs that are my dogs (labs), my DS, me, and DH, adding another LO definitely warrants a bigger bed.
  • @SkilledSailor I also dislike little dogs. Not my cup of tea! I'll take my aforementioned big labs over a little dog any day.
  • I also wish my H and I had separate beds. I travel for work a lot, so I am used to sleeping alone. If I fall asleep before he comes to bed, I'm good. If we go to bed at the same time it is almost impossible.

Also, I can't remember when this happened exactly, someone else might remember this. But the other birth month boards got rid of "Why my SO is an A**," which I think is really dumb. I wish we had it.
  • @redpuma119 I think it's in the threads list on the organization thread. You can totally start it if you want! 
  • @skilledsailor I missed that! I am so glad that's included. I remember some women thinking it was inappropriate? Gads
  • @starla I could not agree more. It's just gross.
  • sclarke7sclarke7 member
    edited January 2018
    @spottedginger AMEN GIRL!!! 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks to scrolling through FB I just thought of another UO.

I loathe those oversized bows people put on baby girls. 1) Not cute. 2) There's no way that's comfortable for the child.
  • @spottedginger yes!!! I swear I had that exact thought this morning on my drive to work!
  • Yes! @spottedginger. IDGAF about their family and can't understand why anyone does!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @pourmeamocktail I like the idea of running. I truly believe it could be something I love but can't get it to work out.
  • Ugh I hate running. Mad respect for those of you who do it and are committed to it.. I think it's awful and can only focus on how bad my lungs/legs hurt... or how itchy my legs get from my extra flab, lol
  • @spottedginger Omg yes! I am not a fan of any one of the Kardashian/Jenner clan. They are full of themselves and not worthy of anyone's admiration. 

@SkilledSailor The big bows, ugh. And when our two jackweenies make their way to dog heaven, I will never own a small dog again! You're right - so unbelievably yappy, barking at every sound they hear.

@pourmeamocktail I hate running. But I like how your UO was something that you enjoy v something you don't like. 

My UO is inspired by what my son is currently watching on Netflix. I don't like Winnie the Pooh - didn't like it as a kid - still not liking it now.
  • @spottedginger YES YES YES - I honestly couldn't care less if they just all disappeared off of the face of the planet.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• We are a big dog / little dog family.  I always thought I was a big-dog girl... until this little skallywag stole my heart.  I ascede that not all little dogs are created equal.  However, my little dog is 100% the kind of little dog that will make someone change their tune... ;)
  • @yogapants247 YES ON THE MLM! You know what, those leggings aren't one-size fits all (or even 2 sizes) and they just don't work for me. I don't want your over-priced anything. If life is that hard for you guys, I'd rather just send you $10 per month for the next 3 years, lol.

@BusinessWife I love big dogs (we're trying to adopt a pit bull right now) but I have a miniature dachshund at 10 lbs who is such an awesome dude. He is a dog that small dog haters, and dog haters in general fall in love with. Small fluffy yappy type dogs who don't believe in walks or being outside are a different story, but my Barley is a big dog in a small easily washed package. Which is good, because it's not infrequent that he gets peed on....because a male dog wants to pee on the same spot at the same time...#shortdogproblems. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yogapants247 I am with you on the random posts. It’s really not that big of a deal; I get a bit of secondhand embarrassment when rigidity regarding message board “organization” takes precedence over ... just being kind. 
  • @yogapants247 @dexnie also agree with you on the one-off posts. They don't bug me that much. I mean, I get why TTGP would he super police-y, but the BMBs generally get a lot less drive-bys so I'm not as concerned with strict board organization. Plus, some topics get lost. I remember about halfway through my last BMB members were complaining that they were missing out on important conversations because they were burried in general question threads or the randoms threads. This board will evolve how it will evolve, and personally I think it's a good idea to let it do that!
  • I should add that I also don't mind if people direct the one-off posters to certain threads, as long as they aren't assholes about it. Like if someone posts about morning sickness and someone else goes: sorry to hear you're feeling bad, check out this symptoms thread, you might find you relate to others. That doesn't bother me or anything. I just don't think I'll be taking on that role myself. 
  • @yogapants247 speaks for me! I also love running. I actually started running because I haaaated it and needed a challenge. I ran my first half marathon last June with 5 other O13 moms from TB. 
  • I have small-ish dogs (two runt Boston Terriers) and can't say that I have any particular preference for large or small! I love allllll the dogs. But these two aren't yappy or snappy. Just very dumb. I'd love a pit bull (my sis had one for 14 years and she was the BEST dog) but my husband loves the smaller dogs now. He loves to pick them up and carry them. I"m hoping a baby to take that spot will break his habit.

@yogapants247 and @heyitserin I was a runner long ago, and grad school and a torn meniscus sidelined me. I would love to get back into it someday! I'm not sure that pregnant and already overweight with high BP and a kidney disease is the right time ;)

@spottedginger not sure who decided the Kardashians were something we are interested in? I have never watched any of their shows. Actually none of those types of reality shows (the Housewives shows baffle me, but maybe I'm missing out?). Probably an UO. All of my girlfriends love these shows. 

(But did anyone watch RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars last night? That show gives me LIFE)

Gonna go ahead and apologize to all if I post the wrong question/comment in the wrong thread. I'm relatively intelligent but sometimes tone-deaf on social cues! But I try real hard ;) 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @wkuandrea OMG YES on Ru Paul! I don't watch it often, but when I do it's because a can binge watch the whole season in a day or 2. I love me some ridiculous drag queens.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker