Baby Names
Options

No name yet and at high risk for pre-term labor -- brother for Lila and Henry?

I'm just looking for some inspiration or names we haven't already gone over.  We have two kids now, Lila and Henry.  They will be meeting their new brother soon, perhaps much sooner than we thought.  My husband and I tend to gravitate toward traditional and classic boy names.  A few examples of names we've considered so far are:

Oliver
Jonah
Walter
Joshua
Noah
Charles
Owen
Nolan.

The trouble is that most of the names we like are rather popular right now.  I think we're coming to the conclusion that popularity isn't necessary bad if it's an otherwise classic name.  If the name is both trendy and popular, then we probably would not use it.  

Any suggestions?  Or thoughts especially on the combination of Lila, Henry and Oliver?  Thank you!  I'm so very much stressed about the high-risk pregnancy now and wishing we'd come to some agreement on a name. 
Baby girl Lila born 2013.
Baby boy Henry born 2015.
Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.

Re: No name yet and at high risk for pre-term labor -- brother for Lila and Henry?

• Options
    I like Oliver, and it sounds nice with your other kids. Oliver would have been a front runner for our son but I already had named our cat that.
  • Options
    Thanks @Tawny87.  We felt the same way about the name Stella, which we had already used for our dog before our daughter was born. haha  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Oliver goes well with your sibset. I wouldn't worry too much about popularity, because well, Henry and Lila are pretty popular.
  • Options
    Love Oliver and the combo with your siblings.
    If Henry’s level of popularity doesn’t bother you I don’t think you will find Oliver too popular.  Suggesting

Thomas
    Benjamin
    Theodore
    Samuel 
    Edward
    Philip

• Options
    mb0112 said:
    Love Oliver and the combo with your siblings.
    If Henry’s level of popularity doesn’t bother you I don’t think you will find Oliver too popular.  Suggesting

Thomas
    Benjamin
    Theodore
    Samuel 
    Edward
    Philip

This is a great list.....adding
    Oscar
    Otto
    Arthur
    Leo
    Louis
    Nicholas
    Marcus
    Mark
    David
  • Options
    Of the ones you are considering I like Joshua and Jonah. I tend to steer clear of super popular names too.

Suggesting:
    Arthur (nn Art or Artie)
    Frederick 
    Calvin
    Graham 
    Simon
    George 
    Conrad
    Victor
    Vincent 

• Options
    Lila, Henry, and Oliver is a very cute sibset!  Other ideas for you:

Abraham
    Adrian 
    Benjamin 
    Curtis
    Declan
    Edgar 
    Eli
    Eugene
    Finn 
    Frederick 
    George
    Gerald 
    Guy 
    Jacob
    James
    Julian 
    Lee
    Preston 
    Raymond 
    Sean
    Simon
    Spencer 

• Options
    AmCheriAmCheri member
    edited January 2018
    You’re certainly right that our kids’ names are popular, those Lila is much less so than Henry. At the time we chose her name, it was almost outside of the top 200. But Henry was definitely more popular and looks to be holding on still.  There’s something about a top 10 or even 20 name that’s unappealing. I do think the rationale holds that classic/popular is ok whereas trendy/popular is something we’d avoid. Thanks for your advice! @Bringmemylongswordho

• Options
    @JMU_Bride09 Thanks for your great suggestions, some of which we have not yet considered (and that’s saying a lot because I’ve been through every book and website imaginable). I love Eli, but my husband isn’t having it.  Frederick is a great name too. Thanks for the ideas!
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 Thank you for your great list too! Everyone has hit the nail on the head in terms of style.  Arthur (Artie) is an appealing pick. Not too stodgy? 
  • Options
    @saham07 Thank you too for adding to this great list!  I really like Otto, Oscar and Louis.  They work well with our last name, too. 
  • Options
    @mb0112 Great name suggestions, thank you! I’m still very drawn to Oliver. Theodore and Philip would work because they haven’t already been used by immediate family. That can be tough to work around.  
  • Options
    AmCheri said:
    @BabyBoyH92016 Thank you for your great list too! Everyone has hit the nail on the head in terms of style.  Arthur (Artie) is an appealing pick. Not too stodgy? 
    I’m biased towards Arthur because my little one is an Arthur  :) I agree that classic/popular is ok vs trendy/popular, but I love when I hear an underused name. It’s refreshing. A lot of these names are on my list too if baby #2 is a boy. 
  • Options
    I think Oliver is darling with Lila and Henry, but I really like Walter too!
  • Options
    Love Oliver and suggestion of Arthur. Suggesting Holden, Archer (Archie), Silas, Leo, Sawyer, Ernest