Trying to Get Pregnant

Jet Lag = No Ovulation?

Hi!

I am on my second month of TTC. I went to Morocco December 19-30 and was supposed to ovulate on 1/14. Been testing using the Clearblue Advanced Digital Monitor since 1/11 but have gotten only high results.

I know jetlag/international travel can really mess with your cycle. But I think this means that I won't be ovulating this month as there hasn't been an LH surge (and the instructions say stop testing after getting high fertility, and no peak, for 9 days).

Has this happened to anyone else? Wondering if I should keep testing every day until I get my period just in case I'll hit peak eventually, or stop testing and as I probably won't ovulate this month.

Thanks!

Lisa

Re: Jet Lag = No Ovulation?

• Thanks for your response!  I'l check out the newbie rules. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just to add my experience... 
    Is this the first time you're using the opk's? When I use the digital clear blue, I get a really long "blinky  smiley," like well over a week. I think I have a long estrogen surge before the LH surge. This could be your normal, or it could be from travel as well. 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Hi Rosebud3321 . It's not my first time using the sticks.  I used the sticks for the previous 2 months, and had only 1-2 days of "high" before I got the surge, which makes me think it's the traveling. 
  • Jet lag can do a lot of damage to you cycle. That is a proven fact. i have seen it happen to many of my friends. It has also happened to me on many occasions! It is annoying to say the least. I travel a lot from America to Europe that is why! However the damage has never been so huge that I cannot ovulate. Like maybe it has added another day on my period. Sometimes has even substracted a day when I travel near the end.

Yet this might not be from Jet lag for you dear. This might be from something else? Have you done any exams before? If there is another thing you are facing..? Or maybe this might be a combination of both. You better get checked if you can... God bless you dear.