February 2018 Moms

EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 // 34 weeks! // Wk. of 1.14

How are you feeling?

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What's one thing you'll miss about being pregnant?

Re: EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 // 34 weeks! // Wk. of 1.14

• I just copied this mostly from another group since babies are pretty much baby-sized now anyway. ;)

How are you feeling?
    Definitely pregnant and uncomfortable. Not always, but often lower back and tailbone hurting, and labia. I guess we're just opening up and having more blood flow down there. Also, this heartburn is definitely worse now. Like a few nights a week I can barely sleep more than a couple hours because I can't even sit up in bed or sit on the couch, let alone sleep. I have to stand up or walk around because it's burning so much even if I'm just sitting. And I have become constipated :( . I think that hormone, relaxin, is making everything move really slowly so by the time my poop is at the end, it's so hard and big and hurts so much I can't pass it. Ugh :s  . I've been trying to drink a lot more water, eat prunes daily, and started taking miralax the last few days hoping for normal soft poo again.
    What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 
    We just had our shower yesterday, we did get mostly clothes as I was afraid of, but it was still really nice and we got some useful things too. I need to try to exchange what I can of things that we didn't really want, buy what all is left that we still need (kind of much), and wash everything and set up where we are going to keep all the baby things. I don't feel stressed out but I feel like I have a ton to do still, and I've been really tired, but my mom will help some. We don't have a nursery but just have to fit stuff somewhere.
    What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 
    I have an appointment on Thursday. I don't know of anything special at it, but I know that strep B test thing is coming up. I want to bring up the constipation and heartburn and see if she has any recommendations aside from what I'm already doing. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rave: People didn't eat as much as we anticipated at the shower so we have a bunch of leftover food from it in our freezer for after the baby comes. Less we have to cook to prepare for that!
    Not having to worry about my period at all. And probably feeling that wiggle worm moving around. It's weird but pretty cool. I guess that's 2 things.

• How are you feeling?

I have to say that I have been very lucky and I feel good. Obviously being 34 weeks pregnant isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world but I can’t complain. Mentally, I’m over it though! Ready to meet this LO! 

Uh, the nursery is a hot mess. It’s been painted and the wainscoting has been installed but that still needs to be finished being painted. New carpet is going in that room and our other bedrooms next week and then we can start filling that nursery up! The shower is this weekend and I’m itching to start finding a place for everything in this house.

I have my GBS swab, yay!  :(

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Im curious what’s going in everyone’s hospital bag and what post partum “essentials” everyone has. I’m all about keeping things simple and not buying unnecessary junk.

I’ll miss his kicks and punches and squirms. It’s like I always have a little buddy with me! 

• Loading the player...
  • How are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty decent for the most part. Just uncomfortable. Baby definitely dropped low the other day, so I'm feeling a little relief from the heartburn, but a lot of pressure and soreness down low. 
    I'm feeling pretty prepared. Really just need to finish packing my hospital bag and pick up a few things for baby that are not really immediate needs.
    I have an appointment Thursday. I'm not sure if they will do the swab or that will be my next one. I also have a nurse intake appointment at my birth center on the 30th. So I need to my Dr and pediatrician sign conseat.

@kristinl492 I don't really plan on packing much for part partum since the hospital pretty much gives you everything you need. I'll probably bring some nipple cream, although I think they have that. My hospital had mesh undies, giant pads, witch hazel pads, numbing spray, and ice packs, which they stacked all together to make a mega padsicle, and the squirt bottle for when you pee.

Definitely the kicks and movement. Also maybe a little bit the special treatment. Lol.

• How are you feeling? Eh, ok, Definitely a lot more pelvic pain (SPD maybe?)/pressure this 2nd pregnancy. Heartburn sometimes, things are getting more difficult.

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? Need to find all the gear we put away from baby number 1 and clean it and get everything set back up. Also starting to get anxious that she doesn't have enough clothes, since #1 was a boy and we had hand-me-downs for him, and we didn't have any showers this time.

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? I'll bring up the pelvic pain and see what she says.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What's one thing you'll miss about being pregnant? The kicks, and having fingernails! Haha 

@kristinl942 I bought a lot of unnecessary stuff the first time: the hospital gave me a ton of ice packs and I had bought a whole box, and they gave me heating pads and a sitz bath and pads.  The things I bought this time are Depends and Tucks. That's really the only extra things I remembered needing from last time. 
  • How are you feeling?
    Feeling decent.  I get tired so easily, though.  Also feeling huge--and people remind me often that I am. 

I guess just finish packing our hospital bags?  And work related--I need to finish my sub plans!  Yikes.

My next appt is today.  I am assuming it may be the Strep B test--although I won't be sad if I am waiting until my 36 week appt. 

I really will miss the movement and the feeling that he is "all mine" right now. 
  • How are you feeling? I’m pretty miserable. I have contractions almost every night and sometimes throughout the day. If im not hving contractions I’m cramping. I’ve had lower back pain. The pressure is insane!

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? my baby shower is Sunday so I’ll have to wash and put everything away!

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? My appointment was supposed to be today but was cancelled due to snow! I’m going to have a cervix check (I was already 1cm a week ago). We’re doing to discuss an end date due to my constant contractions. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What's one thing you'll miss about being pregnant? nothing hahaha im not a fan of being pregnant 
  • @magnolia305 sub plans? What do you teach? I was teaching 3rd grade when i had my first. This sub plans were INSANE! 
  • @RachelR17 I teach preschool. I lucked out with my sub—she just finished student teaching and got hired in district for next year—so I need minimal plans. I only plan on doing 2-3 weeks. I just don’t know when this baby is coming! 
  • @kristinl492 as for postpartum essentials, I bring some granny panties and a pack of maxi pads. My hospital supplies so many other things I needed! They gave me creams and ice pads and anything else to make me comfortable!