March 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Bitch Fest 1/15/18

Re: Monday Bitch Fest 1/15/18

• Options
    @crossfitbabybump between your MIL and homegirl at your H job, your hormones got a workout this weekend! Your MIL knew she was in the wrong, that's why you got that text. She knew at some point it would get back to you. Just keep doing what you're doing and loving on you H. Your H will have to have that talk about favoritism with his mom.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @crossfitbabybump I agree that you should stand your ground. My grandmother still shows favoritism towards my cousins even though I am the only grandchild with kids. She loves my kids but constantly guilt trips me for not visiting enough even though I visit more than all the others combined! Your MIL will regret neglecting her son in this manner when you both decide to stop trying to include her in your lives. 
  • Options

@cford08 - oh girl I know! but I'd like to think I've remained fairly calm the last few days, lol :D

Thank you ladies! We are definitely going to have a nice chat with her because I will not be living this way anymore! 10 years is long enough.

• Options
    @crossfitbabybump I’m so sorry! I know how that is as well. My cousins were always favored over me and my brother so if I notice anyone treating my kids differently (which I definitely have), we definitely take a step back from them. I’ve become such a mama bear! But we do what we gotta do to protect our babies!
  • Options
    @crossfitbabybump That's horrible! At least you recognize the toxic force she can be in your life, and know to prepare your family against it. So sorry you have to deal with that. But your DH and DD are lucky to have a strong woman like you.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! @BrittnieMariee - yes Mama Bear!! I now get what women mean by that, lol!
  • Options
    AFM, the toddler was up from 3 am until 7:30 am. Then he let us take a two hour nap. It’s going to be a really long day. 
  • Options

@mdfarmchick - wow, that just brought tears to my eyes.. :(

I will silently rage for you as well since I need to keep my blood pressure down. I appreciate that so much though. I always thought, "I can't be the only one dealing with this?" and it sucks that others are, too. But it's nice to have someone to talk to about it and get advice from. Thank you <3

• Options
    @kiki75 - I love you! thank you! And your H is a pilot!? That's awesome! I don't know what is about mom's nagging their sons so much? If I ever have a son and he turns out to be HALF the man my DH is, then he will be incredible <3
  • Options

So bringing back the MBF cause guess who Facetimed us last night!?!? Yup... MIL. It was so awkward and she could tell we were upset. She kept giving me fake compliments and asking 100 questions. I gave her simple, short answers and then said, "well I gotta pee." and I left the room. When I came back, DH was off the phone with her. He was like, "well that was awkward." Yeah... But of course nothing was brought up and I'm sure it won't be. I know it's annoying but I want her to ask what's wrong for once.. I want her to own up to it instead of playing it off like nothing's wrong because when we do, we end up in the situation again!

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for reading. <3

• Options
    Well it's not Monday but DH refuses to give me massages or even use the massager that we have! Like, I'm carrying an extra 50 pounds and my back is killing me and you can't take 5 minutes out of your evening to use a massager on my back for me? Ugh!!
  • Options
    @sarahhedger7 - awe :( why not!?