Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

3rd IVF miscarriage

Hi all,

I’m new to this community and I’m a first-time poster. I just found out today via ultrasound that my baby no longer has a heartbeat and stopped growing about a week ago. I was supposed to be 8 weeks today. This will be my third IVF loss in less than a year. First IVF transfer ended in a MMC at 7 weeks and I had a d&c which revealed I had a minor case of endo and the embryo was normal. Second loss from from my 3rd transfer and was a chemical. This last loss just hurts the most because we actually saw a heartbeat. I’ll have a d&c and will have the tissue tested. I’m on all the auto-immune drugs bc the doctor thought maybe my body was rejecting the embryo. I just don’t know where to go from here. I still have 3 untested embryos left, but I think I just need a break. Anyone have a similar story and eventually end up having success? I should say that I have PCOS and I’ll be 35 in April, but my eggs were retrieved when I was 33. Thanks and sorry for the long post!
Me: 33 DH: 32
TTC since November 2015
DX with "lean type" PCOS June 2016
DH is normal
Jan 2017 IUI#1 with Letrozole, Lupron and Prometrium = BFN
Feb 2017 IUI#2 =??

Re: 3rd IVF miscarriage

• Options
    I don’t have any experience with IVF but I wanted to say I’m sorry.  I’ve had 3 losses myself and that alone is difficult adding in the extra stress of IVF I can imagine is very difficult.  Take the time you need to heal and you will make the right decision for you when you are ready.  Again I’m sorry for your losses.