TWW Fri 1/12

Month/Cycle:

Cycle Day/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LPs length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know?  

Re: TWW Fri 1/12

• Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3

Cycle Day/DPO: 24/4

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Typical LPs length: Still trying to figure it all out

Testing: No plans to

R/R: Rant: I just ovulated Monday, and the past 2 days I've had medium cramping. I'm predicted to have AF begin next Thursday, hope this isn't period cramps :( Not optimistic about this cycle already. Rave: It's Friday and I get off at 11:30a! YAY! Hockey game tonight, winery and kabuki tomorrow... so fun weekend planned!

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know? He does know I'm on TB. I told him it's a wonderful outlet and support system and it keeps me from talking to him or my friends 24/7. The support you all provide is immeasurable. 

• Options
    catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited January 2018

Month/Cycle: 3/3

Cycle Day/DPO: 21/9

Timing: -3, -1

Typical LPs length: 12

Testing: BFN this morning. Bring on the wine. Not testing again till Monday (day before AF), as long as temp stays up. 

R/R: We're supposed to go to dinner tonight with one of DH's colleagues, and of course now we're getting an ice/snow storm this afternoon and evening, so we may not be going anywhere. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know?  My SO doesn't know. He is not a fan of social media or message boards, anything like that. While he tries hard to talk to me about it, he's a dude and doesn't always get it. But I need an outlet and support, b/c no one IRL knows we're trying. So I have you lovely ladies!

@meladams10 - was just about to start this. thanks, friend! Yay for early weekend starting and fun plans! Enjoy!

ETA: response

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Sorry to hear of your BFN, maybe it's too early. Fx for Monday! The one silver lining, you can partake in the wine! It's kinda neat that your SO doesn't know about you being on here. Men really don't always see our point of view. Does everyone in your RL ask when you're going to try? I constantly have to field those questions. 
  • Options
    @meladams10 - thanks! I'm not counting myself out until then - i know it's too early. But i wouldn't have felt right drinking tonight if I hadn't tested. As for the questions, yeah, we get it a lot from DH's family, but thankfully not so much from mine. Our friends are good enough to not ask - they know we'll share if we have news. and if we don't bring it up, they won't pry. Are you getting it from all sides? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    kimberbeepkimberbeep member
    edited January 2018
    @meladams10 - How nice that you get an early day today! I hope you get to do something fun and enjoy your afternoon off!! 
    @catlady2015 - Sorry about the BFN, but yay wine! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

Cycle Day/DPO: 27/14

Timing: I guess not good enough

Typical LPs length: Not sure

Testing: Antother BFN this morning, after temps tanked this morning. Shouldn't have bothered with the test... 

R/R: It's Friday!!! No plans this weekend so hopefully I get to sleep in!

CS/Q: I thought my chart looked "pretty" until this morning. Wondering if there's anything else we can try for next time. Are OPK's worth it?

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know? He knows I'm part of a forum but I've not named it. I don't think he cares one way or the other cause he does know there's some good information to be had by talking to other's going through the same thing. No one we know knows we're trying, but I'm sure a few friends assume we are.  
  • Options
    @kimberbeep - I've found OPK's to be worthwhile, but I'm a data nerd and like having ALL the info. Have you been temping since you guys started trying? Temping and CM are great to narrow down FW, but I personally appreciated having the extra "hey, we gotta get crackin'" data point. That surge notification from OPK's helped motivate DH, too. It wasn't just me saying, "Let's do it," the OPK was saying "hey, our window's the most open it's going to be this month, let's do this thing." While they don't tell you, "Hey, you've ovulating now", at least they tell you your body's gearing up and you're already temping to confirm O. So it could be a great addition, (especially if you like peeing on the things). But it's another data point and thing to do, which might maybe add to stress levels. 

Do you feel like you had pretty good timing the last couple of months? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 That's nice that most people don't bother you about it. I think most people don't realize how hurtful it can be to pry when you're trying. Thankfully, 2 of my best friends had trouble conceiving so they're understanding. Only my 3 best friends and 2 close coworkers know we're even trying and luckily, there's not too much prying! I just try to dodge questions when asked. 
     @kimberbeep YAY for sleeping in!! I would definitely recommend OPKs. My FF was wrong and was telling me I O'd 4 days earlier than I actually do, so I wasted 2 months basically. Plus, you know ahead of time that you're about to O and don't miss it!
  • Options
    @catlady2015 - I only started temping this cycle and was on BCP until the end of November so things are still normalizing I suppose. I thought our timing was good this cycle (I added my chart in my post above). Last cycle it was off because AF showed up almost a whole week earlier than expected.
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 19/5

Timing: -1, 0, +1

Typical LPs length: 12ish?

Testing: Next Saturday

R/R: The weather man predicts a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow afternoon, so I’m looking forward to a snuggly 3-day weekend!

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know?  This is a really good question! I’m almost positive he wouldn’t know, but it’s not because I haven’t told him...it’s because his brain doesn’t obsess over TTC

• Options

Month/Cycle: 11/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 16/3dpiui

Timing: IUI

Typical LPs length: 13, but progesterone

Testing: beta on 1/22

R/R: Getting my hair cut this morning, and then going to a cooking class with a friend! Should be a fun day. I probably won't be back on TB to tag until this evening.

CS/Q: No chart to stalk.

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know? Yep, MH knows I'm on here. He's glad I have a good outlet and source of information.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 22/11

Timing: pretty decent I think, we will see

Typical LPs length: 14-15

Testing: BFN last night again. My boobs hurt ( probably from just doing cardio and them flopping around everywhere) so of course I must be pregnant right?? ugh I hope to refrain testing again until AF shows or shes late.

R/R: Friday! But I work tomorrow so doesnt feel must like a true friday. My pup is sick and I woke up to take her outside 4 times last night. TMI but anyone have any home remedies for dog diarrhea? Planning on feeding her chicken and rice tonight but any other suggestions? Trying to avoid the vet if possible!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Yes, he knows and was weirded out at first but I dont think he minds now. Sometimes he doesnt understand when I freak out about things but you ladies understand! Keeps me a little more saner during this process.

@meladams10 Have fun tonight and this weekend! Sounds like a great set of plans.

@catlady2015 Sorry for BFN but its still early so dont count yourself out yet! Yay for wine though!

@kimberbeep Sorry for the BFN as well :( OPKs are definitely worth it I think. This is my 2nd month using them and I found out I O earlier than I thought. Its good info to know to further figure out exactly when your fertile window is.

TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Options
    @stithof A foot of snow?! So jealous! A cozy weekend at home while it snows sounds so nice.
    @darkstar42 You'll have to let us know what you cook tonight and how it turns out! :)
    @kobrien827 Sorry for your BFN. It's so hard to not assume that every pain and ache is a sign of pregnancy :( We will keep on keeping on though! Sounds like you got some good cardio in! 
  • Options
    @meladams10 - lake effect snow loses its luster by February, but I look forward to hot chocolate and Netflix for now. Cheers!
  • Options
    jayliijaylii member
    edited January 2018

Month/Cycle: 7/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 29/9

Timing: 

Typical LPs length: 13

Testing: Nope

R/R: I had a lightbulb moment this morning. As a little catch up I'm in the testing phase for fertility probs. My husband has been pushing for SA and it's scheduled for next Friday. I've been feeling terrible about the SA being scheduled. Anyways I randomly started chatting with an acquaintance yesterday and mentioned to her "I know you had some troubles having your daughter 6 years ago. Do you think all the acupuncture and chinese medicine stuff helped you?" I saw her response this morning and it was "maybe, but I was having long, crazy cycles, so I got pregnant when I was prescribed clomid." I didn't know she had had cycle issues. But what hit me was I don't think I'm the problem with not getting pregnant. I've been upset about MH's SA  but now I feel suddenly at peace with it. I have been beating myself up about TTC for months, but really my body is doing what it should. All my testing has come back normal so far. I'm hoping we don't get bad results, but I feel more ready for whatever comes now. Sorry for the essay. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Yes, my husband knows I'm on TB. He thinks it's fine as long as this is a place that helps and doesn't stress me out. TB has been a great outlet for. Thank you ladies

Edited because butter fingers

• Options
    @jaylii It's hard not to beat yourself up, but just remember, you're taking every step right when you're supposed to. You're doing great and TB community is here for you! Fx for good results with the SA. 
  • Options
    @meladams10 Thank you! Your weekend sounds fun. Enjoy! We have a crazy winter storm rolling in so I think it's going to be a quiet house bound weekend for me. Not complaining. :)
    @catlady2015 Sorry for the BFN. We're also getting that same ice/snow storm. Hope it's not as bad as they predict!
    @kimberbeep Sorry to hear you got that BFN. I use OPKs and have stopped temping. The OPKs have taken a few cycles to get used to but I like them more than temping. I also pay attention to CM. I buy the Easy@home strips from Amazon. 
    @stihof I'm planning the same kind of weekend. Stay warm!
    @darkstar42 Enjoy the haircut and cooking class. Sounds like a fun day!
    @kobrien827 Sorry to hear about your BFN as well. I don't have any additional suggestions, but hope your pup starts feeling better soon. 

• Options
    @kobrien827 - I think I'll start using OPK's next cycle, thanks for letting me know what brand you're using @jaylii!

More chart nonsense--- 
    I went back and deleted all my partial charting from over the summer when I was trying out the app. It ended up changing my est CD1 from Sunday to tomorrow, and my estimated test day from next Wed to next Sat. Then I decided to put back in my wonky temps from during AF and travelling. Of course FF changed my est O date ahead 3 days, putting me at possibly 11DPO instead of 13 DPO. I also found a website that "tracks" the statistics of different brands of pregnancy tests. If I'm 11DPO, the chance of a false negative from this morning's test is 20%. (countdowntopregnancy.com) But who knows now reliable that really is... 
  • Options

Sorry for posting and ghosting, mobile. I'll try to be back later for tags.

Month/Cycle: 9/9

Cycle Day/DPO: 24/9

Timing: good

Typical LPs length: 13

Testing: BFN this am

R/R: I had my cardio appointment yesterday (the snow storm shifted a little and didn't start till after I was already there, thank god). He did not hear the same thing my OB did and thinks everything else is normal (although he did say that he might not have the best hearing). But because I do have other health issues (chiari malformation and scoliosis) he wanted to an echo and 24h holter monitor for good measure. They were able to sneak me into the echo later that day. The tech doing the test said she didn't see any red flags (it was really cool to see my heart and valves pumping!). Now I just need to turn in my holter monitor and the doc will let me know the results. And because I took yesterday off I suddenly have a 5 day weekend (working 4-10s, and having Martin Luther king day off on monday)! Woot woot!

CS/Q: not a question but whatever. I woke up with a sore throat this morning and immediately thought I must be KU! Lol Has absolutely nothing to do with sending the whole day at the hospital yesterday... well the BFN quashed those thoughts real fast.

GTKY: (stolen from WTO) He knows. I don't think he cares. He follows pro bikers on YouTube all the time and has conversations with them daily. 

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @darkstar42 - enjoy your chill day! the cooking class sounds awesome! My cooking skills are not awesome. 
    @kobrien827 - sorry about the puppy. Poor thing! Hope it clears up soon! It's nice how FF will change the predictions (sometimes) if it gets better info. :) hope it helps your chart make more sense!
    @jaylii - you guys stay safe! I hope it's not as bad as they say! They lowered our snowfall total but increased the ice total. :( Booo! Nothing about this journey is easy, and at least you're going through testing to learn what is and isn't working. Glad you're moving ahead with the SA! FX for you guys to get some answers (whatever they may be). 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options

@kimberbeep I'm the opposite. Didn't temp but did use OPKs. Highly recommend! 

Where did everyone get their BBT thermometers from? Amazon?

@stithof @catlady2015 @jaylii Don't hate me but I'm actually kind of jealous of your snowstorm. I love when blizzards fall on a weekend. Perfect excuse to do absolutely nothing.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 30/11

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LPs length: 20ish

Testing: BFN this morning but it's still early. Hopefully I can get out of the house this weekend to distract myself.

R/R: Rant: It was freezing temperatures here all week and today it's 60 degrees. WTF Mother Nature? 

GTKY: (stolen from WTO)  Does your SO know you are on TB?  What are your SO’s thoughts on you bumping (or) why does your SO not know? He doesn't know but I'm newer here so it just hasn't come up yet. I think he'd be happy about the support since we're keeping TTC a secret from everyone else.

• Options
    @carbsandcrabs - I work from home, so I'm not particular when the snowstorm lands. I'm actually pretty happy about it (just wish we didn't already have plans tonight). I just love getting to sit and just watch the snow and ice fall. Winter's actually my favorite season. Plus, we're still in an apartment, so no shoveling required! I'm just hoping the power doesn't go out - we're supposed to get a lot of ice and it can take down the lines. 

I got my Mabis from Amazon. It's a pretty popular BBT, I think the big complaint is that it's not backlit, so you have to scramble for your phone (or a lamp) to read it. That's my only complaint about it. Some of the other ladies will probably have some advice for you, too!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Thanks for the input @carbsandcrabs! I use a thermometer I found at CVS for $10. It's not backlit but it seems to work just fine! I know Amazon is popular for a lot of things, but I don't have Prime so it takes a while for me to have enough to order for free shipping!