September 2018 Moms
Options

Who do you tell first?

2»

Re: Who do you tell first?

• Options
    I'm actually moving in a month so keeping it a secret from my parents right now is my biggest accomplishment. Luckily (unluckily?) I have IBS so me having MS isn't anything out of the ordinary. 

Of course, my partner knows. My sister is in the loop mostly because she just had a scare (they aren't planning on having kids yet!!) And we bonded over it. My whole family shares way too much on social media. I share food, so I guess my IG followers know! I was posting suspicions even before I took any tests. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I found out last night and told my O16 mamas while I was waiting for my husband to get out of my Son's room (he was doing bedtime). I had to get it out! I've only told one other person now. I'm super nervous to tell my mom. She's an amazing woman, and a great Grandmother to my other 2 babies. But she's really weird and kind of judgey. Like she knows we wanted a 3rd, so it shouldn't come to a shock, but I know she's going to be like "wow that's so soon, didn't you want to wait until you were ready" or something stupid like that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    Told my hubby right away. We told our BFF's. (A couple who also just found out this week that they are expecting!!!) Waiting to tell our parents until we have an EDD this week. We won't be telling anyone else until after we tell our other kids... we're still undecided on when that will be. 
  • Options
    Other than my husband, the first person I told is a friend whose wedding I'm in June 2nd. I hadn't ordered my bridesmaid dress so was so stressed about what size to get! Now I have to tell my family ASAP because my husband told my MIL and she posted it on FB! Hopefully my parents won't see that post before I can tell them! 
  • Options
    chillmama1518chillmama1518 member
    edited February 2018
    @maisie122713 Why did she post something?! Have her delete that if you’re not comfortable with the news out there that way...not cool! Not her news to post, no?
  • Options
    Oh @maisie122713 I'd be livid and having all sorts of words with DH on handling MIL. Definitely make her delete that post. I mean, it's not just not her business to share and some people deserve to hear it right from you. And if and when it goes FB official you and H deserve that moment, not her.
  • Options
    I would be pissed if my MIL said something on FB!!! That is not her news to share! Other peoples in-law stories really make me appreciate mine.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @nlc8424 I work in a hospital as well. I don't know how it works where you are or in your profession but generally here we tell our manager right away to be sure we are not assigned patients that could pose a danger. For example patients on chemo, with certain viruses like cmv, aggressive patients etc. Good luck!
  • Options
    @tpeci I'll probably tell management sometime next week after my first appointment. My direct report manager has been out on maternity leave and comes back this week, so I wanted to avoid telling more people than needed. And I'd feel weird telling one facility and not the other, so this way they can be on the same page.
  • Options
    @maisie122713 I'm so sorry your MIL did that. Definitely talk to your husband about him talking to her. That wasn't her news to share.
  • Options
    We went ahead and told both sets of grandparents within a few days of finding out. They would have noticed my symptoms anyway and guessed.

We still need to tell our siblings and a few friends.