Starting daycare — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Starting daycare

My infant is starting daycare on Thursday which means that I’ll be exclusively pumping during the day. I’m hoping to be able to continue to nurse at night and on weekends. Any suggestions on keeping my supply up so I can sustain my little one? I don’t want my little one to suffer because I had to start working again. 

Re: Starting daycare

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2018
    My infant is starting daycare on Thursday which means that I’ll be exclusively pumping during the day. I’m hoping to be able to continue to nurse at night and on weekends. Any suggestions on keeping my supply up so I can sustain my little one? I don’t want my little one to suffer because I had to start working again. 
    Make sure you prioritize your pumping sessions. Skipping them will only reduce your supply. Bring lots of snacks and drink lots of water. Try to relax while you’re pumping. Good luck!

ETA: you’re doing a great job and even though it might not always feel like it, you are doing a great thing for your baby. Try not to let yourself succumb to working mom guilt. And remember to take time for yourself. Just something I thought you might need to hear in your first couple days back.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::