September 2018 Moms

**READ THIS FIRST** Board Organization

SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
edited January 2018 in September 2018 Moms
Welcome to the September 2018 BMB!  If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 

Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Add yourself to the spreadsheet
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by mid morning, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

MONDAY
  • Weekly Appointments 
  • Weekly Randoms 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest 
  • Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)
TUESDAY
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday or TMI Tuesday
  • First Time Mom Check-In 
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
  • Ten Things Tuesday
WEDNESDAY
  • WTF Wednesday
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In 
  • Plus-size Mom Check-In
THURSDAY
  • Due Date Weekly Check-in (separate thread for all 4 weeks) 
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
  • Pregnant after IF 
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
  • Why My SO is a ... 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
  • Fit Mom Friday 
  • Canadian check-in
SATURDAY
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Weekend Randoms 
  • Small Business Saturday 
SUNDAY
  • Weekly Ticker Change Gif Celebration
  • Healthy Habits Check-In 
  • Weekly Questions 
  • AMA Check in
  • HG Check in
  • Symptoms Thread 
MONTHLY
  • CS Support Thread
  • Home Birth/Birth Center Support Thread

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of Sept.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: **READ THIS FIRST** Board Organization

• @bumpadmin Can we please get this stickied?
  • Can we add Ten Things Tuesday or Five Things Friday?  I saw another BMB adapt it from TTGP to make it easier... :/
  • Loading the player...
  • @businesswife I was just thinking we should still do Ten Things Tuesday! I’m mobile right now but I’ll edit it in a bit. 
  • @SkilledSailor. Yay!!! ❤❤❤
  • I like whomever thinks of it to start it method-which I think will work in a week or so
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BusinessWife I'm still having trouble navigating through this board. For instance, I tried to post under check ins but there was an instruction @ the bottom saying I do not have permission. When I click love it on someone else's post, it's not showing. Please, what do I need to do 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited January 2018
    @bissie17. The site can be glitchy sometimes.  You may just need to close the *ap and restart it... :/
  • @bissie17. The site can be glitchy sometimes.  You may just need to close the *ap and restart it... :/
    Thanks. I  restarted it and I was able to post now.  Hopefully I will be able to love people's post as time goes on
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Whoa! Lots of daily threads! I'm excited to be here and see how this group evolves!
  • I was just going to ask if it would be appropriate to start a thread on "When to share on social media".. I think it might be helpful, especially to first time parents.. this comes with me being 8 weeks along and having heard a strong heartbeat. I know if I lost the child now, I'd want all of the support in the world. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• I’d love to have a natural birth check-in thread!

• I would like a Home Birth/Birthcenter thread. We're doing a birthing center so I'd love to connect with others about their pain management strategy. Our center offers nitrous oxide which I thought was interesting! 

I think I have a few more days to edit the main post. Is the CS thread weekly or monthly? I can add that in. I can add the home birth/birth center one too. 
  • @SkilledSailor Probably monthly on the C/S, if it needs to go weekly later on when we have ladies knowing they'll need one this time, we can figure it out then.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • love4blove4b member
    edited January 2018
    @BusinessWife@pourmeamocktail Eek! I didn’t mean to imply that anyone’s birth is unnatural - I’m super rusty at the Bump stuff and lingo! Unmedicated or home birth/birth center thread - either one would be great.

• Yeah, I definitely would like to learn more about labour management techniques when the time comes.  I'm not sure if it need be check-in style or maybe more like a running resource thread.  Idk what else to call it.

Too early - brain not work yet... 
  • I like the idea of unmedicated thread. Only because we don’t have birth centers and midwives are SUPER uncommon here. So I have no other choice other than an I medicated hospital birth

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • I like the idea of unmedicated thread. Only because we don’t have birth centers and midwives are SUPER uncommon here. So I have no other choice other than an I medicated hospital birth
    Would participate in an unmedicated thread. I ended up getting an epi with DS, but I'm hoping to make it unmedicated with this one.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I also would be interested in an unmedicated thread. And I actually wouldn't mind it started sooner rather than later.. I would like to start looking into it and get the "real deal" from those of you who have experienced an unmedicated birth
  • Is the unmedicated thread one that we want to have as a running thread (kinda like the names thread on other boards) or a monthly check-in?
  • stothi said:
    Is the unmedicated thread one that we want to have as a running thread (kinda like the names thread on other boards) or a monthly check-in?
    I think a running thread that people can add to as questions and thoughts come up. I vote no need to sticky, just bump it as needed.
    Agreed.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Should we start a thread? 
  • @redpuma119 I feel like if it's going to be a running thread then it can be started whenever you like. 
  • Is this the place to put a random “how does this work” question (sorry if it’s not)? I’m on the mobile app - is there a way to see when I’ve been tagged?
  • ashh2018 said:
    Is this the place to put a random “how does this work” question (sorry if it’s not)? I’m on the mobile app - is there a way to see when I’ve been tagged?
    Pregnancy/baby related I would ask under weekly questions. random NBR/NPR questions on the ransoms thread. That’s my guess 

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • ashh2018 said:
    Is this the place to put a random “how does this work” question (sorry if it’s not)? I’m on the mobile app - is there a way to see when I’ve been tagged?
    To answer your question, nope, the app doesn't show the notifications like that. ditto on if you're accessing the website through your phone not using the app. They're computer only, which is irritating.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ashh2018 @pourmeamocktail I do actually get notifs in-app. Once I enter "September 2018" if I've been tagged, a small small text box appears on the bottom of my screen and tells me who tagged me and in what post. It's very easily missed. But if I do see it, I can click it and be directed right to the post. I also get that same thing if I'm tagged while active in S18.
  • born2run911born2run911 member
    edited February 2018
    @prpl11butterfly I think that’s just if someone tags you/quotes you only while the app is open? I could be wrong though. Wouldn’t be the first time :wink:
  • @prpl11butterfly and @born2run911 I have seen them, but only when app is open....which doesn't help me too much.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I just popped back in and wasn't quick enough to get a screen shot. Clearly I'm bored at work today....
  • Yeah, @stothi  yeah, I was just saying the same thing over on the UO thread, wondering if maybe the weekly EDD check ins should just be monthly, too.
  • Yeah, @stothi  yeah, I was just saying the same thing over on the UO thread, wondering if maybe the weekly EDD check ins should just be monthly, too.
  • @BusinessWife I like the idea of monthly check-in and keeping Weekly questions/randoms. 

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014