April 2018 Moms

12/30 Saturday Ticker Change

How many weeks are you/how big is baby?

How are you feeling?

Any appointments this week?

Rants/raves?

GTKY: will you make a New Years resolution?

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: 12/30 Saturday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • How many weeks are you/how big is baby?

24 week size of Atlantic puffin
    How are you feeling?

I have had some pretty bad cramps this week. along with itchy boobs 

Jan 4th so excited to see my little one 
    Rants/raves?

not really that I can think of
    haha not really my goal is to have a baby. I think i can accomplish this. 
  • @jkatkins Have you been measuring that far along the whole time? Will they adjust your EDD? Or just monitor growth? I've been consistently about 6 days ahead this whole time but my OB won't adjust EDD unless I'm at least 1 week ahead.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

24w1d, baby is the size of an atlantic puffin 
    How are you feeling?
    Huge and tired, and sitting for long periods of time is starting to cause a lot of hip and leg pain. I work 4 days a week for 10 hours each day at a desk job, so that's becoming difficult to get through.
    I have an appointment on Wednesday.
    Rants/raves?
    I feel so much bigger with this pregnancy, and my ankles have been swollen by the end of the day the past week. :-/ I feel like I didn't have that issue till I was in the 30w+ area last time around.

I plan on finishing up my degree next year, so I guess I can count that as a resolution! 
    25 weeks, a napa cabbage or a rutabaga

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good.  Chiropractor is keeping my hip issues in check.  I'm starting to have some Braxton Hicks which freaks me out a bit even though I know it's normal.

Monthly on Wednesday.  

Rants/raves?
    As much as I love the holidays I'm ready for them to be over.  I am not, however, ready to go back to working.  I'm ready for April to be here.  ;) 

Mine is simple: Have a baby.  Survive the newborn stage.  Start running again.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mattel I've been consistently measuring 1 week ahead since my OB started monitoring growth. This last time there was a 4 week gap in my appointments. Not sure what happened? Just totally had a growth spurt or something. With my 2 girls I was consistently at least 1-2 weeks ahead every time. They never changed my due date or anything. Both of my girls were 10 days early and over 8lbs so I think I just have bigger babies. My OB seems to think this baby will even out a bit eventually and isn't concerned yet about it really. We've already discussed being induced at the end of March though (due date April 7th) because when my water broke with my last pregnancy she was delivered less than a 1.5 hours later! Luckily I was at the hospital already to be induced but it just happened on it's own lucky before they started anything!! Anyway my OB wants me to be monitored at the hospital this time if possible in case this baby comes quick or quicker as well. I'll be 38-39 weeks which would put my in the last week in March. 
  • nessa1632nessa1632 member
    edited January 2018
    How many weeks are you/how big is baby?

26 weeks- kale (probably the most vague description yet. Like how big is the bunch?)

How are you feeling?

I’m feeling better after finally getting over last weeks horrendous stomach flu. Finally eating real food again which is good bc I’m starving! I lost 5 lbs while sick so I think that warrants daily milkshakes....

yup Wednesday is a monthly and a glucose intolerance test. 

Rants/raves?
    my rant is I’ve been stuck at the airport trying to fly home since 6pm; my flight keeps being delayed and all we want to do is go home and sleep in our own bed. And I have to work tomorrow! Luckily from home. I’ll be hitting the snooze button.

last year DH and I set intentions for the year. Somewhat similar to resolutions but they sound less corny and are more concrete. We set personal intentions as well as couple ones. Obviously the first couple item for 2018 is to become supportive parents! 

@Mattel
    not sure if you have looked into anything but we do a detailed budget using excel or google sheets. We set it up so we have categories of spending and basically everything gets entered in and categorized, both with regard to money made and money spent. It is a bit crazy so might be more than what most ppl need (we have a lot of bills and saving goals so it helps us) BUT we know where everyone dollar goes and can identify areas of overspending easily on a weekly/monthly basis. Maybe something like that might be helpful?
  • @nessa1632 that is what I like about ovia it gives you 4 options every week so for week 26 there is butternut squash, slow Loris, bowling pin and taste tati. 
    26w+2d a bunch of kale

How are you feeling?
    good overall. Still have some tailbone pain that comes and goes. 

ill go do my glucose Friday and then my 28 week is next week!  Can’t believe I’m already at appts every 2 weeks. 

Rants/raves?
    Same as @fancybelmont  boo to back to work today!  Definitely being mostly off for 2 weeks was a teaser for April. But also a reality check because it flew by!

i usually make a list at the beginning on the year of things I want to do that year. I go back only at the end to see how I did. Usually it’s things like “pay of credit debt” “read more” “get a beach bod” etc. sometimes they are more specific. Etc. it’s fun to see what my intentions were and how I did not looking at the list. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many weeks are you/how big is baby? 26+3 - kale

How are you feeling? 
    Okay. I've been having a rough week. Had some bleeding which completely freaked me out because I never had any with DS. The doctor told me to take it easy but to come in if it starts again. Also I've had this sore throat/stuffed up thing going on for almost a month now and wish it would go away!

Tomorrow for the monthly and glucose test!

Rants/raves?
    Not really - was just enjoying my 3-day weekend and sad to go back to work today!

@codingchildhood I'm also finishing my degree this year! In May hopefully haha. What degree are you working on?

I plan to make some goals in my pretty planner that I got for Christmas but I haven't really thought about anything long term besides have baby and graduate.
  • @peppersmith22 I totally realized I was a day behind in my count when I saw your post. It’s tuesday. Duh. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • haha @ekendall09 I have to go look at my signature so that I can remember how far along I am!