Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 12/28

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: What is the most useful baby item, and the most useless baby item you've ever owned?

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

Re: TFAS 12/28

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? Just turned 2 earlier this month 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Seeing DS with a friends five month old baby over Christmas was so sweet. “I want to hold it baby” and “I want another one baby”  and my uterus melted

Any questions? Nope

GTKY useful: Lillebaby carrier or white noise machine

Useless: cloth teepees to keep a boy from peeing on you during a diaper change. Never came out of the drawer. 

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 5/11

WTO/TWW? Benched

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is 6 DS will be 5 in a month

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I have been cramping again lately, and trying not to be psychotic, but secretly hoping my birth control isn't working properly, haha.  I defy medical odds way too much, so one can only hope.

Any questions? No

GTKY: What is the most useful baby item, and the most useless baby item you've ever owned?  Useful, I guess sound machine. We still use it.  Useless, baby bathtub.  It was too much work.

@elothair, happy birthday to your DD!  I can't imagine traveling in the same time zone would cause your temps to be different, except maybe for 1 day.  My guess would be you O'ed super early 

@spottedginger,that is so sweet of your DS!  Mine generally hates babies, but recently started pointing stuff out like strollers and asking if we needed it when we get a baby. 

@southernlady07, my kids birthdays are close together and it is complicated sometimes, so I get the sentiment.

• @spottedginger quite a few of our friends have had babies lately and DD also loves them, it makes me sad and excited to (Fx) give her a sibling

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 4/5

WTO/TWW? TWW, and with the holidays the LONGest 2 weeks! 

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m pretty hopeful as our timing was really good, so I’m (of course) SS like crazy...I need someone to slap some sense into me! 

Any questions? Nope

GTKY: useful +1 for noise machine, we still use ours every day.useless: wipe warmer, I took it out of the box but never used it

Cycle/Month? 2/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? It just started.

Any questions? Nope.

GTKY: What is the most useful baby item, and the most useless baby item you've ever owned? I loved the carriers, but DS got so big so fast so I couldn’t use them past one. PeePee TeePee and diaper genie and both useless. 

AFM Useful: I agree with the sound machine. We love ours so much that when we forgot it on a trip we went out and bought one. We were staying in my Grandma’s vacant house with no WiFi or TV so DH and we’re not willing to sacrifice our phones. Useless: Temporal scanner. That thing is not accurate AT ALL! We have a regular one by Vick’s that works in like 3 seconds and it’s way better.

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not feeling too positive given my low cervix and being so sick for part of it. Guess I’ll find out in about a week but I feel ready for cycle 2 to just start now and have this one stop teasing me  

Any questions? Nadda 

GTKY: What is the most useful baby item, and the most useless baby item you've ever owned?

Useful: love my humidifier. I didn’t even realize how important it was until I needed it  

Useless: not so much a baby item but things I got at my shower.. stupid tacky stuff like engraved birth certificate holders and clay hand print thing. 

And I have to disagree. I LOVE my diaper genie. In fact we have 2! With our house layout and we don’t always get to the main garbage post diaper change and if we don’t dogs will eat them. 

• Welp, super late. Hope everyone had a great Christmas if you celebrate it!

@elothair Happy belated birthday to your DD! And I have no idea enjoy travel. Theoretically, not in that instance, but truthfully who knows? How long are you gone? I'm curious to see if it drops when you go home. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 6/5

WTO/TWW? wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 11m

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just as I'm getting O signs I get sick. But they haven't gone away and have increased, but opks lightened. 

Any questions? Will getting sick delay O? I know it can... But do your signs stop? Or hold? Just looking for what happens to others so I might get possibilities. 

GTKY: What is the most useful baby item, and the most useless baby item you've ever owned?

Useful: My carrier, most of what was bought of my registry, 

Useless: receiving blankets (too small to swaddle, what else would you need 12 blankets for?) Those awesome handmade blankets - I love them, but I'm pretty much just storing them until he can have them in his crib. 

Also a 5' stuffed bear. It works because we've done all the month pictures with it, and he now loves to crawl all over it. But out still just takes up space most if the time - and yet I love it. 

Cycle/Month? 1 (Hopefully trying this month for real)

WTO/TWW? WTO...CD 4

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? My cycle was pretty regular since I started keeping track, which is unusual for me. Of course this last cycle it was wonky and I was four days "late" for no particular reason. So now I'm not sure what to expect.

Any questions? Does anyone know where to get the real wondfos and ovulation tests? I remember last time around they were always warning about fakes and I'm not sure what to look for for the real ones. Can no longer afford so many fancy tests as I used to.

GTKY: What is the most useful baby item, and the most useless baby item you've ever owned?

Useful---The rock and play pretty much saved my life. My kid wouldn't sleep in any thing else. Ditto for the swing which was the only place she would nap.

Useless---For us it was probably the bouncer. She never liked it so it sat in a corner for months without use.

Hope everyone had great holidays! I'm ready for Spring now.

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @Mylitta We were away just over a week and it remained mostly elevated the whole time but did start to drop near the end - my O day coincided with us getting back home so really my temps haven't dipped back down since but they were super rocky while we were away so I think FF is basing my O day off of OPKs. I'm mostly chalking this cycle up as an unknown as far as data.

@rosebud332 I'm fairly certain you can get the wondfos on amazon. I get the easy at homes from there which I believe are super similar.
    Pregnancy Ticker