June 2018 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 12/21

• I think funerals/memorials/whatever are for the living, not for the dead. Like, if I died, I would really only expect people that my family/DH/close friends know and like to attend, if that's what they wanted. And if DH died, or my mom died or something, I would just want people I like to come - I don't think I'd feel "honored" by having people they knew, but I didn't, come? IDK. I think it'd feel weird to me. 

Obviously no judgment toward anyone who feels differently - clearly a very personal decision on that front with how you feel about it. I honestly only recently realized that some people feel the exact opposite of how I do on this issue. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @krashke I'm not into the whole "wine mom" culture. It's become a whole thing where people actually make fun of moms who are on with the whole "Mommy needs a drink!" 
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wine+mom+meme&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYidr7nJzYAhVIOSYKHexwAsQQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=635 

I suppose people are just doing them, but I'd rather be an individual not a stereotype. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krashke Preach! I have never been a huge fan of alcohol due to my fathers alcoholism and I refused to drink anything into my 20s... and it is funny how life makes you turn around and face things head on because MH is in his second career and has become a master brewer and works at a brewery. Needless to say we are a "beer household" now but I am still not a big drinker.
  • I dislike the “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus” song. Obviously as an adult it would seem funny but as a kid it’s kind of disturbing!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisa2589 I feel that way about the “Baby It’s Cold Outside” song. Kind of creepy and sexual harrassy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this has become a thing for animal lovers in recent years, but as much as I love my cat I will never refer to him as my kids' older brother. No animal will ever be on the same level as my kids.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oneblessedmess I’m a FTM so my animals are my “kids” now. I even ask my dog if she’s excited to be a big sister. But I feel like when the LO is here I won’t feel the same way anymore. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• I 100% will always believe my dog is my baby. She is going to be a big sister. She’s part of the family. I had dog and cat siblings growing up. They were the only siblings I had! Lol
  • @oneblessedmess My cats aren't on the same level as my son, but they're definitely still my babies too. I still call them that, and I tell my son they are his "cat sisters" or "cat sibs". Maybe family history has something to do with it. I'm with @doxiemoxie212 in that my parents had cats for 5 years before I came along, and they raised me to kind of consider them respected older siblings. I loved them sooo much! They lived to be 21/22 and didn't pass away until I was in my last 2 years of high school.
  • @doxiemoxie212 @=caenis=  See maybe the problem is we were never allowed to have animals growing up. My parents did get a dog after we were all grown but they still never referred to her as our baby sister or anything. She was a member of the family but still a pet. Blame my parents for this UO, clearly they led me down the wrong path  :D
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also don't consider animals to be kids or babies, but I've only had a handful of dogs and only really loved one. (The others were DHs dogs)
  • @oneblessedmess I was just discussing this with someone yesterday.  There was a post on a local FB page about the increased number of posts for missing pets recently or people finding loose dogs.  The post got heated for some and this is a snippet from one response.  I couldn’t stop thinking about how her kids would feel if they read this.  I think it’s great when people love their pets and are great pet owners, but your actual kids should come first IMO.
  • My dogs used to be like our children...until we had our son. Now? Grr. They're just a handful and none of them like our child so I have to keep them constantly separated. Not looking forward to keeping them away from two children. They're constantly looking for ways to break into baby jail like the gate wasn't purchased to keep them out.  :| I'm feeling super unaffectionate toward them right now because they decided to pee all over DS's new teepee and rug tonight. One of them did so right in front of DH, which is when he noticed the cesspool. They're currently all outside and can stay out there until I'm not mad anymore. My affection right now is so non-existent and my irritation so pronounced that if I knew of good homes for them, they'd be going there.  :|

BabyFruit Ticker