January 2018 Moms

GTKY: Sh!t people say to pregnant people

2»

Re: GTKY: Sh!t people say to pregnant people

• Y'all! My neighbor today bringing my 4 day old home from her first pediatrition appointment:

"Oh that baby put some weight on you! I can see you've gained a lot!"

Dude... seriously?! It's been 4 days! I'm doing the best I can. I just super awkwardly nodded.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cricket99 said:
    @chiknnuggetrubin “oh really? All those Christmas cookies put some weight on you! I can see you’ve gained a lot!” End scene, cue snarky smile.
    Brilliant
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Customer at check out : so when are you due? 
    Me: end of January
    Customer: oh wow, so soon! Is it your first?
    Me: yeah
    Customer: yeah, you'll tear.
    Me: oh.... well I don't have high expectations for anything, but I have been taking a lot of warm baths with oil melts hoping for the best..
    Customer: sure, because you can just moisturize your vagina more!
    Me:.... yeah... have a nice day. 

I've tuned out the horror stories. I feel like everyone just wants to one up you with their experiences.  
  • I would lose it on someone if they mentioned my vagina.
    I was thinking this! Seriously stranger... my vagina is NONE of your concern. Wish me the best and move on. 
  • I would lose it on someone if they mentioned my vagina.
    This
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• A few weeks ago a woman I know asked me “how you feelin fat lady?” 1) I have only gained like 2 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight (was so sick first trimester) and 2) even if I had gained like 80 pounds, still not ok...
  • A few weeks ago a woman I know asked me “how you feelin fat lady?” 1) I have only gained like 2 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight (was so sick first trimester) and 2) even if I had gained like 80 pounds, still not ok...
    Wow - yeah definitely never ok. Like even my DH would never dare. Props to you for not chewing her out!
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm seriously so over people trying to tell me their negative or traumatic birth stories. I don't know if they're trying to "prepare" me but I wish they would realize it's not helpful. I'm always detouring those type of conversations!
  • I am 40wks pregnant and I posted a status with a screen shot of me googling "how to bring on labor". One of my friends dads wrote, "be patient." 

... I would have had a go at him if he wasn't such a lovely guy.
  • @serindamarie I actually posted the same thing today after passing our due date yesterday and got several of the same reply. By all means I'm not trying to force her out, I just wanted advice for a little nudge in her direction!! 
  • The other day someone asked when my due date was and added "like April or May?"  Could you imagine feeling like this and not being due for another 3 months...WTF??? Nope!  I mean glad I don't look like a beached whale but I totally feel like one...