Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread 12/15

magdaaaamagdaaaa member
edited December 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hello ladies!!! First of all, I couldn’t find the newbie intro thread for this week, so I hope I am supposed to be starting a new thread. I’m not great with technology, and definitely not great with my new phone. Anywho, here goes!

Ages (you and SO): me 29, SO 43

How many months have you been TTC? 2 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? CM and have been loosely  tracking my cycle for a year. Just bought a BBT today so will start temping tomorrow.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a PROUD mama to one amazing daughter (ASD) who is 8 and my world. We just got a new puppy from our elf of the shelf (I was too impatient to wait for Santa to bring her) and she is the greatest thing ever. I graduate nursing school tomorrow (!!) and start working in January, so for the time being I parent, wife, and farm lady it up all day. I love reading, delicious food, earthy Cabernet, Jazz, gardening, my awesome tribe of mama/sister/warrior-women, and most importantly my family!!!

I’m new to TTC, but have been waiting for my husband to be ready for a year. I recently tested with a false BFP followed by AF the next day. Looking forward to this community and all that I will learn!

me 32 | dh 45
married <3 11.11.17
 mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.

Re: Newbie Intro Thread 12/15

• @mommy_myers, welcome! And I agree with @meggyme, renaming the thread is a great idea.  I am surprised we made it all week without an introduction thread, but it feels slow around here this week.

Sorry about the false BFP, what  brand did you use?  I had that happen to me in March when we first started TTC, and it was crushing.  It was a first response, which now I will never trust again. TW, I too have at least one child on the spectrum. DS (almost 5) has a for sure diagnosis and DD (6) was recently reevaluated and I go next Friday for the results. Congratulations on graduating, and good luck with your new job, what type of nursing will you be doing?

• Loading the player...
  • Hey ladies! My husband and I are about to begin trying again - our son is almost 3 now - we also have a 10 year old and an adopted 6 year old daughters. 
    We tried for 6 months last time - and I am a teacher so planning is important because I will have to miss school and so I am getting my IUD removed in January - Hoping to get preggers in July ! :) 
  • @coco2787 We have an 8 yr old vizsla, too. Sweetest pup ever. 
  • Welcome to all of you! I just started posting after lurking for quite a while. Best of luck to all of you!
  • kdizzle_90kdizzle_90 member
    edited December 2017
    @mommy_myers congrats on finishing up nursing school! I'm also a nurse and can appreciate how difficult nursing school is.

Edit: phone ate my post
  • Hello! I'm so glad I found an online community like this one where we can support each other through this stressful journey! 

Ages (you and SO): me 25, SO 42

How many months have you been TTC? This is my 3rd month (pretty sure going on fourth - I tested yesterday because I wanted to have a few drinks and it was a BFN. May have been too early though)

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Monitoring CM, tracking my cycles. I get ovulation spotting so that helps me get an idea. After testing yesterday, I ordered some OPKs from Amazon so next month I'll start using those. I'm also being sure to eat extremely healthy and exercise (just not overdoing the exercise) and taking prenatals.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am happily engaged to an amazing man. I don't have any kids (yet) but my SO has an 8 year old boy whom I adore. We are already doing the whole family and kid-oriented life so it makes it hard for me to not have my own child - especially seeing him experience the joys of parenting. I try my hardest not to, but I get jealous sometimes. I am very happy to be his soon-to-be stepmom though, and I love him so much. I have a great job in an office handling credit memos and returns for a growing distribution business. I will have my A.S. in Office Administration in the spring and then I am continuing for a Bachelor of Applied Science in Business Management. I am able to complete most of my schoolwork at work, thanks to my amazing and supportive boss. I'm a very happy and lucky person who appreciates the little things in life. 

• Ages (you and SO): We’re both 26. 

How many months have you been TTC?  This is month 2.   

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? OPK’s, CM, Timing, Fertility Friend

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I’ve been married almost 3 years to my high school sweetheart. We have a 15 month old son that keeps us on our toes. I work FT as a RN at my local Children’s Hospital. I love baking, doing crafts, watching GOT... Oh and drinking my coffee in peace in the morning :smile:

• crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited December 2017
    Hello ladies!!

I’m a brand new member!

Ages: I’m 29 and SO is 30

How many months have you been TTC? This is month 2. 

What are are you doing to get knocked up? Charting using FF. I did buy an ovulation test kit for next month.

Tell us about yourself! I’ve been married for almost 2 years. I’m a program manager for a psychiatry residency program at a local hospital. I hope to find encouragement and insight through this forum and to find others who are on this emotional rollercoaster who can relate to me (: