Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA week of 12/11

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What do you want for Christmas (or in general if you don't celebrate)

Re: Benched/TTA week of 12/11

• Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Testing due to 3 early losses.

How long do you think you'll be here? At least until mid-January, which is when I have a meeting with my OB to go over all the results.

How have things been going? Things are going better now that I have the ball rolling with the tests. I always find it very hard when I'm in limbo.

Any R/R/CS/Q? No rants yet. Rave: I'm going to see Star Wars on Friday and then to the Nutcracker ballet on Sunday. It should be a good weekend!

GTKY: What do you want for Christmas (or in general if you don't celebrate)? I would like some new luggage. Apparently, I'm really hard to buy for and if I want something, I usually just buy it myself.
  • Are you benched or TTA?  Benched

What brings you here?  Molar pregnancy

How long do you think you'll be here?  4.5 months?

How have things been going? Ok.  I am really sick of cramping and spotting.  I am compiling a nice big list of questions to ask my OBgyn, including how long for sure I have to wait.  Typing out 4.5 months made it not seem so long.  And not sure if anyone remembers my DH's freak outs about maybe not wanting to try again, well, it turns out he had completely stopped his antidepressants/anxiety medication.  So, he started it again.

Any R/R/CS/Q? None

GTKY: What do you want for Christmas (or in general if you don't celebrate)
    DH claims I am hard to shop for, but I don't really see what he means.  I really want a huge purse.  I have to care around so much medication for myself and others and mine always looks so sloppy.

@ChloandCoco have fun this weekend.  We just saw The Nutcracker and plan to see Star Wars, but don't know when yet.  I hope you get answers/a plan from all the tests.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you benched or TTA? Waiting for our next FET

How long do you think you'll be here? Probably March-April, I will know more once we make our appointment with the RE in January.

How have things been going? Doing well. Some days I get bad anxiety but I'm working through it and it's much better now than it used to be.

Any R/R/CS/Q? I lost 5 pounds in a little over a month! I know it's not much but for me it's huge, being able to lose weight in a healthy way!

GTKY: What do you want for Christmas I already got my big Christmas gift (today actually) a new DSLR camera. Mine was over 10 years old and just not doing a very good job anymore and this one is SO nice, a million times better than my wildest dreams. I am going to get myself a new lens for portrait photography too!! Otherwise I will probably be getting books and chocolate, always good : D
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Are you benched or TTA? benched until AF returns.  My doc didn't give me a medical reason though, she said it was mostly for dating purposes and to be sure it's a new pregnancy (if I were to get pregnant again before AF returns), so we may just TTA.  

What brings you here? D&C last Tuesday for a MMC

How long do you think you'll be here? If I follow the rules, probably mid to late January.  My emotional desire to try again might change between now and then too.

How have things been going?  Still struggling to process everything, it's such a shock to get bad news when there were no signs of anything being wrong.  Trying not to go insane during the waiting game but I feel so helpless right now.  I hate not feeling in control of anything.

Any R/R/CS/Q? My doc said no sex for 2 weeks but google says its ok once bleeding stops.  I haven't really bled since the first day and I don't have any cramping so do you thinks it's really necessary to wait it out?  
    My rave is that I'm done with school (hopefully forever) and I did well on the finals I had to take post miscarriage/D&C.  

GTKY: What do you want for Christmas (or in general if you don't celebrate)?  I bought myself a new down winter coat.  I'm hard to buy for, I don't really like stuff and most big purchases my H and I make together.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787, with my first D&C, my doctor said sex was okay after a week, with a condom.  The emotions are so hard, especially when you think things are going well.  With my first loss, we had a perfect ultrasound at 8+ weeks.  At least this time, there were concerns from around 5 weeks.
  • *Lurker* The reason for the two week wait is purely to reduce the risk of infection, so on average you’re okay after one week but they do advise two just to be sure
  • I should add, we had a condom mishap in that period, and we don't know if I got pregnant again and had a CP or not.
  • Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Loss of twins to TTTS. Twin B passed in utero following a placenta surgery at 22 weeks. Baby A was born at 25 weeks and was with us for 24 days in the NICU. 

How long do you think you'll be here? 4.5 months at minimum due to a c-section. I am going to start charting my cycle though as soon as I get my first PP AF. It will be 7 weeks on Thursday PP and no sign of AF yet. But I was pumping for 5 weeks. 

How have things been going? I think every day is different. Im anxious to start charting again and get a good few months handle on what my body decides it wants to do. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Anyone here use kindara? I’ve used FF and it was “wrong” for my cycle I got pregnant with the twins. But kindara was spot on again. 

GTKY: What do you want for Christmas (or in general if you don't celebrate) A camera