Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL week of 12/11

Re: TTCAL week of 12/11

• @coco2787, that kind of exam makes much more sense.   An internal exam the day after a d&c really makes me cringe....
  • Loading the player...
  • dragonette505 Absolutely! In an 'ideal world' I'd love to see people who want, and are able to take care of, babies have them. And people who don't want them, not have them 'accidentally' or whatever. No MC at all! But if it exists, I really wish it could be more spread out. RPL is so horrible and only those few of us who've gone through it really understand. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @coco2787 - I know what you mean, it's one of those things that is an abstract idea you can't comprehend until you go through it.  It really does give you more compassion.

I understand what you're saying @dpjennifer - I wouldn't wish this on anyone and this might be more of a FFC - but I hate when someone posts they lost their LO and the thread fills with "I'm so sorry for loss" EOM. Over and over and over again.  It looks and feels so "This is what your supposed to say, that sucks for them,  glad that's not me." I'd rather they not say anything. That bothered me before I went through what I went through but even more now.  I'm sure I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I don't remember my intentions being that but it still bothers me.   
  • Ugh.  I keep doing dumb things like lurking my former BMB, reading my medical charts, and taking HPTs to see if they're negative yet.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 -  I literally have done all of what you said.  I don't know how many times I've read my medical charts,  POS, and  I lurk my bmb too. I had a really great BMB and just miss them.  @ChloandCoco was on the same one I was.  Like she said I always end up regretting it too. I'm really happy for them all,  I just wish I was still on it. I really love all the ladies on TTGP so I keep telling myself I'll get to be with a bunch of other really awesome people.  
  • @BusinessWife - (((So many hugs)))  I had no idea it's been 31 months,  I was really sympathetic before but wow,  how can no one understand how painful that is for you??? After all this time to get that BFP ripped from you sounds like straight up torture. I really truly hope this FET is the one for you, but I understand what your saying about still grieving.
  • @CraftyG oh, 100%!  And I remember saying too, it's not the point that we can try again - I wanted <i>this</i> baby.  My EDD was the 100th Anniversary of my father's birthday!  I hadn't bought too much, things I could still use no matter what, but then I went through and found the nb size kimono tees, and tiny denim shorts (for pictures most likely lol, of my summer baby) and I'm like, oh shh, won't be needing these if we are due in September... October... November... I bought those tiny summer things for that baby, who I will never meet (in this life anyway).   :'(

That bunch of cells thing sounds like something DH might say, too.  I mean honestly.  Right over their heads. :/
  • @acciocoffee, we named our first loss.  We had only one named picked out, so it felt right to name him.  This time, we had a few names, and in my mind, I refer to him as the one name.  DH hasn't really been in an emotional place for it yet. Most molar pregnancies are male, or they all are if not a twin, so I feel confident this baby was a boy.
  • @coco2787, it is frustrating when people don't acknowledge there was a baby.  With our loss being molar, most people assume we didn't have a baby, but we did.  And even with complete molars without a baby, it doesn't change anything, those people were still planning a baby.

@BusinessWife, I am glad you are able to try again so soon.  I know it doesn't emotionally make you "over it" or done grieving.  After our first loss, I wanted to try again asap, and we did.  Two weeks after my d&c, we were trying.  It didn't make me any less heartbroken.
  • @dragonette505 The holidays are definitely adding extra pressure and sadness for me. There have been a lot of announcements in my life in the past few months and you're right, I bet there will be some more coming up on my feed. I have taken to unfollowing all the ku ladies on fb. If I'm in a good mood I go and check on them from time to time.

TW babies We will be visiting my family over Christmas which means seeing my amazingly cute baby niece, I'm excited but I also know there are going to be some hard moments. Actually just typing that has made me cry a little, damn you clomid! end TW. 
  • @dragonette505 I've been learning that a lot of people name them. It was some of the best advice I got, although it took me a few days to do it. As for the holidays, I'm a disaster. I should have been 12 weeks at Christmas and was expecting to have a tiny "blump" and just be celebrating our new little one. I'm fully expecting to see multiple pregnancy announcements on Christmas Day. I might just need to go dark on social media for a few days. That's really never a bad thing though. We left up the stocking that we bought for the baby though and we bought a beautiful ornament that we can hang up every year. I think recognizing the loss is actually helping me get through the grieving. 
  • @dragonette505 ***TW I saw 3 pregnancy announcements yesterday alone. It’s really tough on me because a lot of people are announcing #2,s and their babies are Way younger than DS. I cried over one yesterday. I should be happy for this girl because she went through IVF with her 1st and was able to conceive without for her second, but I cried because her son is two days younger than DS and I am so jealous. 
  • acciocoffee I felt better after I named mine. They're not really 'serious' names, but it's nice to have named them. I'd heard someone else mention naming them as a way to grieve and move through the grief process, and I think it really did help.

dragonette505  There were a bombardment of PG announcements at Thanksgiving and the weekend after (like, Santa's bringing us a late present... ugh!). Not as many lately, but I'm SURE there will be a TON for Christmas a New Years. Way to ruin the holidays even more for us... le sigh.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• zamora_spin I have an infertility insta account and right now its blowing up with women making announcements... obviously I am happy for them, but its a bit hard to swallow.... I took off looking at that account for almost two weeks to just get through this due date just past.... I hope I dont have to unfollow them... But i will just decide on a case to case basis... if Ive been following their journey for a long time, i will probably keep them.

cdepperschmidt Ugh... I am dealing with 2 announced preggies at work and one good friend (as well as a baby boom on my insta infertility account). I so hate that we end up being so torn by happiness for others and sorrow for ourselves

acciocoffee the christmas day ones are the worst (new years eve being the next worst) and i will not even look at social media on those days.... totally planning to avoid!

dpjennifer i stayed off social media on thanksgiving for that very reason... people love a holiday announcement :/

meatballs37 i dont understand why people want to redefine grief for anyone... people are so afraid of sad people and sadness. Its not like i WANT to be sad, but its so much better for us to acknowledge this sorrow. If we dont, we are not acknowledging our losses... My thinking is that my little ones were with me for such a short amount of time... my sorrow for them and my remembering them are part of their legacy. It extends the reach of their short lives. They are still with me.
    @BusinessWife How are you doing? Thinking of you! :)
  • @dragonette505. (((Hugs))) Always nice to see you!!!  I am hanging in there.  Home from work this week, but luckily with lots to do to keep me busy.  Helping me get more excited about transfer, and focus on that hope(!), instead of dwelling in sorrow right now.  I have an IF insta, too - I will PM you!  I haven't touched my "real" insta for a very. Long time.  I will probably go dark on my ttc one as much as possible over the holiday weekend, too, which should be easier since we have family visiting anyway...

I totally unfollowed a girl, (who had her retrieval the same day as me), after her recent announcement.  Hers was not really a dedicated ttc account tho.  So I mean who does that?  Announces on their main insta with the whole cutesy, professionally photographed thing like, immediately upon getting betas back???!?! (Bangs head against wall) #unfollowed.  No shame.  Nobody needs that mess. ;)
  • @BusinessWife ooo yes!!! I like insta as i can post more as i go along with pics and all too so much more friendly in some ways (but in others, the ladies on here are top of the line... the smarts, sass and snark just isnt anywhere near as good) Staying busy is the best idea! I feel like i was really doing the acupuncture to have another appointment...lol kept me feeling like i was working towards success :)
  • @BusinessWife I don’t understand why people announce so soon. My cousin announced both of hers at 7-8 weeks. I got so much crap for waiting until 14 weeks with DS, but I see people announce before their first US. It makes me so nervous.

I even have a FB friend who documents all of her FT’s for the world. I’m not sure how I feel about that.
  • @cdepperschmidt I’m the same, my cousin announced her very first pregnancy at 7 weeks to the entire extended family and everyone was jumping around and all I could think was oh my god that’s so early Is she not scared?! I know for a fact that if we get pregnant again we will not be announcing until we’ve gotten past the timeline for my other losses.
  • @meatballs37. Oh absolutley.  Everyone can and should, and hopefully <i>does</i> whatever works for them.  Me for my part, it just felt like I got smacked in the face with a cutesy pregnancy announcement I was NOT expecting from this individual bc I knew she had only just transferred.  So I chose to unfollow.  She can totally do whatever works for her, and while I don't think it would work for me personally, it definitely doesn't work for me on an insta that I've tried to shape as a safe place for myself.

I am so sorry you felt that way about having to share your NICU baby with all the nurses and doctors, not to mention all the medical equipment, too.  I do hope you will get your "selfish" pregnancy experience next time.  ❤You deserve to enjoy every moment of mommy/baby bliss, exactly how you want to.  (((Hugs)))
  • Tbh, I think DH is the more conservative one when it comes to announcing.  I hope to be able to tell family face to face earlier, like around 8-10 weeks (if this transfer works, I will be graduating to the OB the day after FILs birthday) and wait a little longer to send out paper announcements to family we dont see as often.  Will give myself permission to wait and see how we feel, maybe around 12-14 weeks, maybe later.  We'll see...