May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-In First Week of May (Due 4/29-5/5)

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the first week of May - 4/29-5/5. 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What's the most embarrassing trend you followed growing up?  

Re: Due Date Check-In First Week of May (Due 4/29-5/5)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @onesmallcoconut Ahhhh the butterfly clips!!!!  :D

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @onesmallcoconut eeek to your injury, I hope you heal quickly!  That's so scary. I also think i have super human abilities sometimes and remember doing something similar with my niece on a lake.  Thank god she was wearing a life jacket.  I freaked out really for nothing, but I can still feel the panic i had in the moment. 
  • Options
    @bwow615 thanks. It was definitely a wake-up call. I need to be more mindful of my body. 
    Yours would be scary! Glad she had a jacket on too. 
  • Options
    19w4d/5-3/Mango

SPD (symphysis pubic disfunction) is back in full swing already. So that pain is great to know is going to be around for the next 20 weeks /facepalm... Magnesium supplements are amazing and I’m so glad it was recommended to me. The studio I work for just finished their nutcracker performances yesterday and I am over tired and dead on my feet...

12/19 Can’t wait!

Believing that women belong in the home and men should be the only ones in the work force? I also wore trucker hats...
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles for me Braxton Hicks didn't show up till 3rd trimester with DS. They didn't really hurt but were awkward feeling. Basically my belly would get really tight like I was flexing it and it would stay that way for a minute or so and then it would release. 
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I had SPD with my 2nd and went to a chiropractor almost weekly for relief. I did a lot of squats postpartum and it healed fairly quickly. HOWEVER, my friend had SPD and her chiropractor used some kind of hammering tool and after that she spent the rest of her pregnancy in intense pain. Moral of the story... don’t let anyone hammer you *snicker*
  • Options
    @justsuzie it's actually lower abdomen but both issues would suck for sure! 

And also omg JNCOS I forgot about them! I'm also guilty hahaha For some reason as a teen it was desirable to have my pants wide enough to completely cover my feet. As an adult I've realized that is probably the worst look for someone who is 5'1" 
  • Options
    @sandbar517 Ha, yes!! I had more than one! My favorite look was wearing one with my hypercolor shirt (the ones that changed colors when touched). 
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    *TW*
    BFP #1: CP, April 2016
    BFP #2: 10/5/16, MMC 11/3/16 at 7w5d (embryo stopped @ ~6 weeks), misoprostol 11/11/16 (EDD 6/16/17)
    Dx: Luteal phase defect, uterine polyps, stage 2 endometriosis, low morphology
    Uterine polyp removal (laparoscopy) 3/28/17
    BFP #3: 6/19/17, MMC 7/11/17 at 6w3d, misoprostol 7/17/17 (EDD 3/1/18)
    BFP #4: 8/25/17 EDD 5/4/18

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    YES! I totally had one of those, too!  Was there ANYTHING good about style in the 80s?  HAHAHAHA

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @squashandlaces oh thanks! I'm getting more and more mobile every day. I just miss being able to pick up my toddler :(  
    I'm glad youre feeling better!!!
  • Options
    @squashandlaces I cannot imagine ANY kind of ailment on top of the ailment of already being pregnant.  SOrry for the bug, and the apparent aftermath!

@desertdweller21 FX the moving goes well.

@mileswithmyles NYC was great.  MAinly good for my husband and vegan food, but I enjoyed the museum and just walking around.  Our hotel was in the center of Manhattan so pretty close to everything. Unfortunately I didn't do the empire state building because I was already feeling dizzy....my one regret.
  • Options
    @cups4 I know seriously who likes low cut jeans? Why did I ever want to be that uncomfortable. 
    @onesmallcoconut How is the ab healing going?
    @mileswithmyles Sorry about the mess with your IL's.  :(

20+1, 5/2 - Babysizer says size of a "fat stack of cash"

Just the usual and also trying to prep for Christmas! My family is all meeting in TN (it's kind of a central point) starting this Sunday-next Wednesday so I'm just trying to get gifts together and then sending gifts for the IL's. We officially announced on social media yesterday and it actually felt pretty good. Also a rave for my DH, I got home after working out last night after work and he told me to "sit down and relax" and made dinner and then gave me a shoulder massage. No idea what got into him but I didn't ask questions.  ;)

Not until the first week of Jan.

Nothin to crazy that nobody else has said. Definitely too many butterfly clips and "super low" rise jeans. 

• Options
    @rachelg777 lol at "a fat stack of cash" 
  • Options
    @onesmallcoconut yay! glad you are on the mend.
  • Options
    How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 20 weeks. 5/3. Banana. Had a US today and they said baby was measuring 13 ounces. 

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? We had our AS today and found out we’re having a girl!! We were rooting for a boy, but our DD is going to be so happy. She was saying “it’s a sister, it’s not a boy,” for the ost several weeks. 

There were “bright spots” on both baby’s brain and heart. They said that they were likely nothing to worry about but my dr, who was running late today, is going to review the ultrasound and give us a call in the next 24 hours if she has any concerns. They did say that we may need a follow-up ultrasound to get a look at the heart later down the road. 

Any upcoming appointments? For now, just the normal visit in 4 weeks. Hopefully there won’t be any need to follow-up in the heart or brain. 

GTKY: What's the most embarrassing trend you followed growing up?  My first e-bay purchase was a box of 122 butterfly clips. So add me to that list. Also add me to the low cut jeans list. I was particularly guilty of the low cut jeans, high cut shirts, and thong always showing when I sat down. “Whale tail!” 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol @attorneyworkproduct I remember that. My hs boyfriend sat behind me in history class junior year and was mad at the view I was giving one day. Psssshh to him, but still not a good look lol.
  • Options
    Maybe this is my confession, but I did the butterfly clips and I'm still not embarrassed. I think they were cute. Still are on girls much younger than me 
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18