March 2018 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• vflux33vflux33 member
    edited December 2017
    Just also want to throw out we could move to a private group (as some members don't use FB).

I'm okay with either but will miss those we leave behind. 

*stuck in box*

Been a bit MIA this week because I had a friend in town... I'd love a PG here instead. I quit Facebook a year and a half ago and decided I can't go back because it's bad for my mental health. All the ppl in my life IRL agree I am way happier not being on it. But I realize everyone's not gonna want to stick around just for me and I don't know how many ppl feel the way I do about that. If you guys go, which it sounds like you are, I'll miss you. :'( Also, if anyone else here would prefer a PG on this site, let's talk. 

mdfarmchick said:
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I agree with forging ahead and just figuring it out as we go. Also, @becausescience when we moved to Facebook with my previous BMB, some of the people who didn’t have a Facebook made an account with their bump name and still use that just to interact with our group. A few others made a second account with their bump name and eventually switched to their regular account because we got so close. 
    *ugh still stuck in box*

Part of my issue with FB is with other ppl and not wanting to reactivate my old account, but part is just... me. I have compulsive type problems when I'm on it and making a new account won't change that, unfortunately. Again, not saying ppl should stick around just for me if the consensus is that everyone else wants to go, but just throwing it out there that making a new bump only FB account isn't gonna fix the FB problem for everyone--and again, I may be the only person here like that, I don't know. 

ETA sorry the font got all huge here-- it won't let me edit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm, I'm not sure about this FB thing considering that I tend to just hide in the shadows. It's great that everyone has gotten to know each other well (except for me since I can be a bit of a recluse/lurker), but I don't think I've actually thoroughly interacted with anyone due to my social anxiety. It's a bittersweet thing knowing that people do form bonds of some sort, but I'm totally inept at doing. I just feel like the odd woman out.

Don't get me wrong. It seems like a fun idea. I just wish that I could have fit in. 
  • @vflux33 I definitely agree you have to make the best decision for your mental health. And I also owe you an email. Things got crazy. I seriously might cry though if we don’t keep up even though I’m a terrible pen pal. 
  • @mdfarmchick No worries! Things have been busy with me too, but I do look forward to hearing from you  :)
  • I personally don’t care if it’s FB or a private group. For similar reasons to @vflux33 I’m not 100% sure I would continue participating in a Fb group after babies are born. I have too much of a tendency to compare myself to others and I can see that getting a little toxic for myself. But I’m all about moving somewhere for at least few months and then seeing how I feel after that! 
  • late to the convo here but i think I'm ready for FB now. Especially as we will soon have Moe to share from a photo standpoint with birth announcements and nurseries being finished etc.  I don't love TB terms of use regarding photos. 

for those of you who won't join...i don't plan on deleting this app - I enjoy it - so I plan on all checking in here also.... but I would like to see us move to a private group 
  • @ShawnnaO, that's an interesting point and one I wouldn't have thought of.  I wouldn't mind being mindful of that.  One of my other BMBs has a designated photo thread and everyone keeps their pics to that thread.  There's one thread a month for pics.  Maybe something like that would help.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Yes, what @DDRRT1982 said! It would be so weird and sad to not at least know how things turned out for you guys here so if you do go pleasepleaseplease at least come back and announce so we know you and your LOs are all doing well. 
  • I’m with a few of you on the FB thing. I’m not even sure I’d make the cut since I go through busy seasons where I just read along but don’t post. And I’d rather just have more privacy with this group. It’s not a lack of trust of you all, I’m just super conservative on accepting more friends on FB. And I can’t promise activity levels after baby comes. It’ll be baby #3 so I’ll be overwhelmed I’m sure and I always get some level of baby blues and check out for a bit. 
    But I’ll be crushed if y’all have like an apocalyptic disappearance and I’m still here twiddling my thumbs wondering what people
    are snacking on these days.