March 2018 Moms
Options

Things My Older Child(ren) Says About The "New Baby"

Thought this could be a cute thread as I am hearing lots of questions from my toddler about the new baby! 

Share some funny/cute/weird things your children have asked/said about their new baby brother or sister!

Re: Things My Older Child(ren) Says About The "New Baby"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbialakbiala member
    edited December 2017
    My 2 year old kisses my
    belly & tries to share his snacks/ milk with “his sister” (we’re team green). Also, when we ask him what he wants to name the baby he says “Baby Milk”
  • Options
    My little guy just turned 5 last week and has been talking about all of things he's going to do with baby brother.... like drive him around in his tractor,  pick him up from his crib at night when he cries and feed home. Very sweet and we will have to have convos as it gets closer about how we have to be gentle with baby. I don't think he realizes just how fragile they are when born. Love it though!
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 DS does this with his stuffed animals :smile:
  • Options
    We were just at the Great Wolf Lodge and 5 yo DS was soooo concerned that the babies were gonna fall out while we were there.  He made sure I didn't go on any slides (not that I was planning to) and even in the pool he kept telling me "hold your belly so they don't fall out." 

I asked his recently if he was going to help me give the babies baths and he said "Hmmm...not sure I know how. Maybe when I turn 20."  :D
  • Options
    We went to IKEA today to get new bedding for DS so he can move into his big boy room tonight. He was so excited saying "The baby is coming today!! I'm going in my new room because the baby is coming home today!!!" I felt bad telling him the baby won't be here for a while still.
  • Options
    My 2 year old consistently insists that the baby is in my boob. LOL
  • Options
    DD told me the other day that the baby must have a REALLY dirty diaper by now, and why don't I change it?  I had to explain that the baby does not need a diaper while it is still in my belly =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • Options
    We told my DD that the baby will be named Eleanor, and now she tells everyone that she's having a baby named Elena Avalor lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker