Baby Names
Options

Name help!

We are planning to name our son Asher but are really struggling with a middle name. We need to use the letters V or G - not easy letters!

Some ideas we have are...
Asher Gabriel (may be a mouthful with our 2 syllable last name)
Asher Grey
Asher Vale (is Vale too feminine now that Savannah Guthrie has used this for her daughter?)

Would love thoughts and are also open to other ideas. Thanks!!

Re: Name help!

• Options
    I like Gabriel and Gray - depends if you want to pull Asher more traditional or go more trendy. Vale just makes me think of fancy ski people.
    My name is 2-4-2 syllables and yeah it's a bit of a mouthful but you're not usually saying the whole thing. I wouldn't let that alone stop you if you like a longer name best.

Other ideas:
    Asher Vincent
    Asher Vaughn
    Asher Gideon
    Asher Grant

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    I like Asher Grey and will suggest Asher Graham. 

I like the suggestion of Asher Vincent and Asher Vaughn. Not really loving Vale. It just doesn’t seem like a real name to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the suggestions of Asher Graham and Asher Vaughn. Is Vale a family name? If so I would use it and not worry about someone finding it "feminine".
  • Options
    I like the suggestions of Asher Graham and Asher Vaughn. Is Vale a family name? If so I would use it and not worry about someone finding it "feminine".
    Ditto 
  • Options
    Yea I agree Vale isn't my style personally but if it has significance to you I'd use it. I didn't think of it as feminine at all. Grey is cool I also love the suggestions of Gideon, Grant, and Vaughn above! What about Grayson? I like the name Gabriel too but I do see what you're saying with Asher sounds like a lot. 
  • Options
    Asher Grey!
  • Options
    JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited December 2017
    I love Asher Gabriel.  Grey is so trendy.  I've never heard of Vale before today, but BTN lists it as feminine, so maybe that's an answer to your question?  Other ideas:

Asher Gage
    Asher Gareth 
    Asher Geoffrey
    Asher Grant 
    Asher Gregory

Asher Valentine
    Asher Vaughn
    Asher Vernon 
    Asher Vidal
    Asher Vitale