May 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms- 12/4

Re: Weekly Randoms- 12/4

• @cups4 Happy Bday! Sorry your little one isn't feeling good :( hopefully he gets well soon!

@mileswithmyles your first post  had me cracking up!

@ivyvines6 Yay for the appt! 

Today was my first day back to work after an 11 day staycation. I felt like I had a months worth of work to catch up on! I was ready for a nap halfway through the day :)

• Loading the player...
  • I’m just now watching last season of VP Rules. These people are such a hot mess, but I love it!
  • @nanifrog No, they are about $6200.  We had our house built, so didn't pay the full tax amount last year and knew it would be short.  So they gave us an amount to save every month (which we did), but it wasn't enough.  We live in a PID (public improvement district) and they didn't include that tax in the calculation so we were way short even with what we had saved :frowning:
  • @nanifrog yay for a new garage door. The springs on garage doors scare the crap out of me after reading a thread on Reddit about how dangerous garage door springs can be. Who knew??  That and power washers. Like I needed more stuff to worry about. 
  • @Ceridwen77, I hadn't thought about the springs but my dad said something. What do power washers do?? I'm not sure I want to know.
  • @nanifrog exactly!  The mental images that came into play were something out of Saw.
  • Random self pitying whine ahead:

My allergies have been so. Much. Worse. since I hit the second trimester. I’ve been taking all of the medications approved by my midwife and I still can’t be downstairs more than 5 minutes without my airway closing (asthma) and my nose turning into a faucet. It really really sucks. I’m going crazy.
  • @molly1108-2 well that was rude of them! 
  • Can’t find the crying thread because I’m crying so hard reading birth story threads on other months. I am not sure what about them is making me cry but omg the water works. 
  • Happy birthday, @cups4 !

People can't help themselves when it comes to amking insensitive comments about pregnant women @ivyvines6. You're awesome for growing another human being! 

@sparklingdiamond I found that getting the billing code from my insurance company helped me make sure each appointment or procedure that I was worried wouldn't be covered, was billed accurately and covered by my insurance. It can be a real pain to get the billing codes though. Just a heads up. I wish you lots of luck with it all!

This week has brought me more nausea than any other week. I am miserable, so I'm thinking I need to call my doctor to see what I can get to help me. I am taking a B complex vitamin (per the recommendation of my former doctor with my previous pregnancy), but it's not enough. I hope none of you are dealing with this level of nausea as well!
  • @pandakov that sounds like hell on earth... 

@molly1108-2 how dare they! I worked for a place that required some of the staff to
    utilize their social media to attract customers, but they had Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest blocked. It made no sense...

@bjkay22 I’ll be checking that out in just a minute!

@sparklingdiamond I’m pretty sure work emails don’t work that way? Maybe they prefer not to respond to that many people with their private info...
  • @lckm I am taking B6 and Unisom still, but it only makes a small difference.  The Phenergan is what is really helping me.
  • @ivyvines6 Well we sent it just to each client individually, so they were just responding back to the admin person.  
  • @bjkay22 that thread was weird!