March 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change (Dec. 4)

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What will the week of Christmas look like for you this year?

Re: Monday Ticker Change (Dec. 4)

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks, a cantaloupe!

2) How are you feeling? I feel really good overall. Some heartburn in the evenings, but nothing to complain about!

3) Any appointments this week/last? 24 week check up is tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again. Although feeling kicks frequently helps my PGAL brain.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? How's everyone doing with weight gain? I feel like it's a constant battle for me. I'm up 22.5lbs, and really working hard at managing my weight. But I always feel like I'm failing miserably at it. I gained 70lbs with DS and am trying really hard to stay within the 25-35lb recommended weight gain. Plus I started this pregnancy about 40lbs overweight. So I'd love to stay near the bottom end of the weight gain. But as you can see...I'm inching closer to that 25lb mark and it makes me so nervous. I really don't want to break 200lbs :(

5) GTKY: What will the week of Christmas look like for you this year? Dec. 23 we will likely spend with my in laws. Then Christmas Eve (Chinese food and beef roast dinner) is at my sister-in-laws. DH is a half sibling, so we always have to do 2 Christmases with his side of the family because his siblings aren't his mom's children. So she likes to do her own Christmas with us. Christmas Day and Boxing Day will be just me, DH and DS at home. We are debating if we want to be lazy and do leftovers (I'm sure there will be tons from Christmas Eve), or if we want to make a traditional Christmas Chicken meal. Then Dec. 27 we are hosting my family for Christmas. Still haven't decided what we are making and it's starting to stress me out.
  • Options
    notthefathernotthefather member
    edited December 2017
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks, baby is big enough to punch/kick in multi directions
    2) How are you feeling? Itchy and sore from scratching. Otherwise okay.
    3) Any appointments this week/last? None until 28 weeks. Liver and bile acid tests from last week came back normal.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm really happy my blood work is good but I'm still confused and frustrated about why I itch so badly. Whhhhhy is this happening?!
    5) GTKY: What will the week of Christmas look like for you this year? We cram it all into a 2 day Christmas marathon. It's hectic but I love it.

Your Christmas schedule is exhausting to read @justkeeptrying! I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! I gained very slowely in the beginning but now the weight is coming on very quickly and easily. It is stressing me out so I'm trying not to step on the scale. I know some weight gain is within our control but I also think a lot of it is just that your body will do what it wants/needs to do. It is tough, though, and I totally understand your frustration.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    npkatnpkat member
    edited December 2017
    24 weeks.. viability week woohoo! GI Joe, garden eggplant

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. I have noticed my workouts are now starting to get a little harder this past week. :/ Especially if its at the end of the day after eating all day and being on my feet. I plan on getting some KT tape stat to try while working out. Besides that I feel great. I still haven't popped yet, but I feel it coming anytime, although I think I have been saying that for about 6+ weeks now. 

Nope

Rants...
    1. I totally wore the wrong bra today. I think its constricting my breathing which is making me feel even more full after eating. If only I could just take it off LOL

2. We met with a potential in home daycare yesterday. I loved her! She has an opening the end of May which we'll need her mid-end of June. There was another couple there that needed her mid February, so I was thinking perfect, we've got the spot. Well she said she would look at her numbers and ages of kids and possibly overlap with an extra kid for a few months to help work around their schedule. :s Ugh.. finding daycare is so stressful.

Raves...
    1. My college football team, Oklahoma, kicked booty this weekend and we're headed to the College Football Playoffs! 

2. We got all our Christmas stuff up this weekend. I love Christmas time. Our little guy even got his own tiny little stocking

BUSY! We will leave the 22nd after my work/husbands class and drive 7 hours home. We do his family's on Christmas Eve with breakfast foods, jammies, firepit and movies. I bought a onesie for it (also doubling for a tacky sweater party in couple weeks). It's pretty hilarious. Then we are doing my family's on the 26th this year. Lots of people, the adults play dirty santa and we usually do a non-traditional food like Mexican since we do traditional for Thanksgiving. Then we will leave really early the 27th for our babymoon. 11 hours to Durango, CO. will be there for a week, then drive back to on the 2nd and 3rd. Lots of hours in the car, but I am so excited for CO. We love it there and would move there in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

@justkeeptrying Weight gain is so tough for me as well. I have always been really fit and seeing my body change is hard, especially in this in between stage of just looking "thick" and not really pregnant. Before Thanksgiving at 22 weeks, I had gained 10-11 lbs. I honestly haven't stepped on the scale since then, but know it's at least a few pounds more. And the weight gain comes with eating very clean(of course a cheat every now and then) and working out 4-5 per week, I can't imagine what it would be if I was eating junk and/or unable to workout. I keep trying to tell myself, I am growing a human and my body is just gonna do what it wants right now, but it is still very hard to grasp.
  • Options
    24 weeks, I've lost track (2nd baby problems)
    2) How are you feeling?
    My hips are in rough shape, especially because we went to a 3rd birthday yesterday and I spent a lot of time chasing my son around the indoor gym/playground.
    I have my monthly appointment a bit later this afternoon. I'm expecting to get the GD drink to take home so I have it for the next appointment.
    My son was in a pissy mood most of the weekend, so I'm just really tired.
    I don't celebrate Christmas, but I took the whole week off. My son will still be in daycare aside from Christmas day. So, I plan on getting the "office" (aka overflow toy room) cleared out and organized. It's going to be this baby's room and there's maybe 2 inches of clear floor space right now. My son also has a dentist appointment, I have a growth scan for the umbilical cord issue, and a haircut that week. I'll probably make a few more appointments to get them out of the way as well.

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @notthefather, has your OB talked about PUPs at all with you? I think that's what it's called. I never had it, but I remember reading about it causing a crazy itch while pregnant. I'm not even sure how they test for it?! I know I'm not helpful at all with this info, but as soon as I hear "itch" while pregnant, I think "PUPs"
  • Options
    @npkat, my weight gain with DS was definitely due to eating like crap. This time around I am trying really hard to fight my cravings and only indulge in sweets every once in a while. But it's definitely stressing me out that I started this pregnancy so much heavier than with him. *TW* I had 2 back to back miscarriages, and between the pregnancies (I always gain a lot in first trimester) and putting on weight during the grieving process, I never got back to my pre-pregnancy weight before getting pregnant this time around. So the weight is also a constant reminder of my losses and "what should have been". *End TW* I always gain 10-15lbs in first trimester. So I'm trying really hard to control myself in this "golden trimester".
  • Options
    27 weeks - head of lettuce 

2) How are you feeling?
    I remain tired.  My vericose veins legs continue to worsen each week.

Next week

Yesterday was my daughter’s 7th birthday and I felt weepy all day as I reminisced her birth day like yesterday.  I’m happy my children are healthy and growing up - but every birthday feels a little bit like a knife to the heart as they just grow so fast.  She just looks so big and independent with all her friends to me.  I see her as a baby still swaddled all in pink.  Anyone else struggle with birthdays?  

Christmas Eve will be at my sister’s this year with her family, my brother & his family, and my parents.  Christmas Day as of now we will be staying home and I will bake a ham.  My parents may come over.  My husband doesn’t do anything with his two siblings as they aren’t close at all.  
  • Options
    stardustskiesstardustskies member
    edited December 2017
    1) 24 weeks, cantelope 
    2) Acid reflux, posterior pelvic pain, back pain, swollen feet.. starting to feel pregnant lol 
    3) I have my glucose test on friday. Woohoo!
    4) Got his crib and changing table set up over the weekend. Now I just need to figure out how to decorate.
    5) My brother is coming in from California so it will be nice to see him. I told everyone I'm not exchanging gifts this year due to the baby and saving money. This year will be so easy for me.. And  the next 18 will be a pain in the rear haha but I'm sure also magical

@justkeeptrying Don't feel bad. I also gained 15 in the first trimester and now at 24 weeks am up 25lbs from pre pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and I feel like I'm eating the same that I always have been so it really surprised me that the weight would stick like it did. I mentioned it to my doctor but she didn't seem very concerned. I guess she is just waiting to see how much I keep gaining over the next few months.
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying: I don't have any rash at all so they don't think it's PUPPS. It's either some sort of histamine reaction (unlikely since benadryl and zyrtec haven't helped), hormones, or could still be my liver and it's just not reflected in blood levels yet. 
    @npkat: Girl, you're doing workouts. You should get a standing ovation.
    @day38: Haha, I have to refer to my app for weeks, too! I feel so bad about it!
    @mmom3: I'm the same way with my daughter's birthdays. I'm not a birthday person or a sentimental person but her birthdays are always so bittersweet to me. I know it'll be even worse with this one since it is 100% our last.
    @sarahhedger7: Christmas with kids is magical and amazing! It's *almost* as great as Christmas as a kid. You will love it  :) Good luck on Friday!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @sarahhedger7, I mentioned it to my OB 4 weeks ago and she was like "you're actually right on track", but I am still panicking because I gained 70lbs with DS. But I have gained less this pregnancy so far than I did with him, so I'm holding on to that.

@notthefather, okay that's good that they've already looked into that. And HAHA I didn't even know how to spell it! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It went screwy so reposting. 
  • Options
    29 weeks- pineapple 

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Back pain is beginning and my pelvis has been aching again. I don’t foresee that improving now. Still battling constipation big time. Otherwise though I really can’t complain. 

No, next week. Every 2 week appts now! 

Hmmm... my toothache has improved greatly which is a huge rave! Rant would be the antibiotic. Was really hoping I wouldn’t need to take anymore this pregnancy since I’ve already taken 3 rounds I believe. Yikes.. Also have yet to settle on bedding for baby and feel like I can’t move forward with any other decor until that’s done. I have so many other things to do though that bedding really should be the last of my worries especially since the sheet is the only thing that’s really used. Ha. 

Nothing crazy. Our holidays tend to be pretty small because our families are both... drama. So we tend to bow out of everything and just hang out as a family at home. We will probably have a few members over Christmas Eve. We go to church and then open gifts as a family, then cook while waiting for others to come. It’s nice. Christmas Day is Santa  <3  and down the road to Grandma’s. 

Then I believe I end the week with a doctor appt! 
  • Options
    26 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?
    Tired.
     No. 
    I miss wine this week. 
    Just busy on Christmas eve and Christmas day. 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying I am so sorry that you have that constant reminder. That cannot be easy. It sounds like you are doing great though as far as eating well. I think our bodies are just gonna do what they want and as long as we're taking in the nourishment that us and baby need, that's all we can really worry about. And of course, we have to give in to our sweet tooth every now and then!

@mmom3 I don't even want to think about  my child turning 7.. waterworks :'(

@sassypants2010 I miss wine every week :p

@sarahhedger7 Good luck on your glucose test Friday. I am one of the weird ones I found out though and thought the drink was delicious. I had the orange. Beware though.. I did feel kind of jittery and weird about an hour and half after drinking.
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying: I only know because I've googled "itching in pregnancy" about a billion times :neutral:

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018