April 2018 Moms

Saturday ticker- Dec 2

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3. Any appointments coming up?

4. Rants, Raves, Questions?

5.GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you started?

Re: Saturday ticker- Dec 2

• I didn't see one started hopefully I didn't just miss it.
    20 weeks woot woot half way.  a banana

a lot better this week just some mild headaches 

this week on thursday

I got my nursery (former guest room) all cleared out. 

doing the 12 days of Christmas with the nativity. 
  • 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    20 weeks, a paper airplane!! 
    still having daily headaches and RLP seems to be picking up a lot
    MFM on Friday

Christmas cookie baking!
  • Loading the player...
    21 weeks - size of a baseball hat or bok Choy. 

Still no relief to the coccyx pain. I’ve been pretty sick this week. My daughter has strep so looks like I got that from her. 

MFM and repeat A/S tomorrow. 

Rant - I know that I’m big already. I was Big with my daughter too and I’m even bigger this time, but I could do without all the comments about how big I am already. One of the lady’s at DDs school that greets parents at pickup said “you’re still with us!?!? I though you would have had that baby by now.” I still have 16 1/2 weeks till my C section. 
    :| 

We celebrate on Christmas Eve with my husbands family. When we get home, DD gets to open a gift which is always Christmas jammies, a new Christmas movie and snacks. DH and I also don Christmas jammies and we have a little movie night before bed time. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

21 weeks, a bok choy or carrot

If I'm busy, I'm fine.  But once I slow down it all catches up with me.  I feel like I'm taking tylenol all the time for aches and pains.  I've been seeing the chiropractor once or twice a week, which has been helping.  Also, I need to constantly be eating or I start to feel nauseous.  I think it's my body catching up with all the weight I lost due to feeling so sick the first few months.

I have my monthly appointment with the OB on Wednesday.  

Remind me, when does the 1 hr glucose happen?  28 weeks?  Also, if you're rh negative isn't the rhogam shot around 28 weeks too?  I can't remember.  

We do Christmas Eve at our house.  No big dinner, just apps and booze.  We don't have a big house so it's usually just my parents and my inlaws.   Sad I'll be missing the booze this year.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
    22 weeks: coconut, ear of corn
    Nauseous. Not anywhere near as bad as 1st trimester, but it's still sticking around. 
    Nope. I had an appointment last week, so my next won't be until after Christmas
    Nausea and not being able to sleep at night are my biggest rants right now. I can nap during the day just fine (on weekends), but at night I get really uncomfortable and it's hard to fall asleep. 
    We don't really have any holiday traditions. Since we've been married, we've traveled to visit DH's parents at Christmas. This year I'm looking forward to being home on Christmas day so we can start some traditions before baby gets here :) 
    22 weeks; coconut

fine; starting to really feel the stretch in my belly

monthly on Wednesday

finally bought something-the crib; I was starting to feel like a slacker

we have not really started our own traditions yet but that’s something I’m looking forward to in the future. We did get our first tree in our first house the day after Thanksgiving so maybe that’ll be a tradition... I’m also hoping to do a Christmas brunch for the family.
  • @kmc8217 I am having sleep issues too- sucks! I can’t get comfortable on my side at all.

@fancybelmont feel you on the drinks; we do a big Christmas Eve with DHs family where drinks are Center stage.

22 weeks. A coconut.

Better, a lot of mucus build up still. Constantly spitting and blowing my nose. Pressure in my pelvic area. Doctor says I need to watch for swelling to make sure I don't develope a hernia... Lovely 

Not till the 28th. I'll have my check up appointment and my glucose test.

@Mattel Im in the same boat!! I do pregnancy BIG. This is my 3rd and everyone has always commented on how big my stomach is. I get the 'are you sure there's only 1 in there?', or 'wow not till April!! You got a long ways to go' and most recent 'oh how fun. Are you going to have a Christmas baby?'. Lol. Like I said I've gotten the BIG comments with my 1st 2 pregnancies also but this one is even bigger because it's my 3rd so now I'm just used to it. I find myself starting out with 'this is my 3rd. My belly just gets big with pregnancies' if anyone even starts to ask anything or start up a convo about me being pregnant. Haha

My girls and I always decorate large gingerbread sugar cookies for Santa every year. We always see Santa to get pics and of course we do elf of the shelf too with them. 
  • @KMac570 sleeping has began to be a problem between heartburn and not being able to sleep on my stomach. 
    @nessa1632 I can definately feel my stomach stretch i feel like I still don't look pregnant just fat but it is what it is. 
  • 1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 20 weeks!! Finally half way!!! Banana

MS is sneaking back into my life. Also, DD gave me a wicked cold. 

Today, hoping I get a scan done but we will see.

Had one, lost it. Baby brain. I'll come back.

We haven't really started our own but we are thinking of ditching everyone and next year going on vacay for Thanksgiving. We already do it by ourselves, so why not make the most of hubs time off.
  • 1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 22+2. Corn on the cob or guinea pig! How am I 22 weeks 

2. How are you feeling lately? Just tired.

Appointment tomorrow! Hoping to remember all my questions this time.

Finally started decorating for Christmas! Rant - I'm so sick of my hour long commute to work. Can I just not. I don't think I can work up to the end of this pregnancy like last time wahh

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you started? 
    I don't know that we really started any on our own. We always go to the same Christmas tree farm to pick a tree and we've been taking pictures of DS at this height sign since we started going!

@sunshine27shy How do you do 12 days of Christmas with the nativity?
    @mattel People are so obnoxious. I get lots of 'oh you're pregnant?' and not believing how far along I am because my belly doesn't get really big. And then I seem to have these monster size babies haha so people asked where DS was hiding. Also I like your tradition! We might have to steal that one.
    @fancybelmont I believe it's 26-28 for the glucose test. Not sure about rh negative.
    22 weeks- corn on the cob. 
    Also seeing nausea sneak back into everyday life.  Luckily only in the evenings, but still wish it would have stayed away. 
    Not until the 20th. 
    How can people just sit and watch while someone else is running around like crazy trying to get things done?  Both my brother (who is temporarily living with us) and husband enjoyed lots of time on the couch this weekend while I was scrambling to get the house back in order.  Maybe they were just too absorbed in whatever to notice, but I just don't see how I could do that... 
    We add a few of Anthony Herrera's snowflakes to our collection every year (www.anthonyherreradesigns.com).  My husband isn't the biggest on all the decorating, but he loves the geekiness of the snow flakes making it the perfect family activity for us... 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sunshine27shysunshine27shy member
    edited December 2017
    @peppersmith22 you can find it on Pinterest but the 12 days leading up to Christmas you give a piece of the nativity to a family (i usually do this with my nieces and nephews but I got it from a neighbor the first year) and it's comes with a scripture for that part of the Christmas story and then the last day you drop of Jesus. I think it's super fun and am excited to have a child of my own to do this with. 

@structuralmama I love this snowflake collection idea. my husband woyld love this 
    22w +2d- coconut, ear of corn

my biggest complaint is my tailbone pain.  It hurts to walk for no reason sometimes.

24 week check next week

weight gain. sigh. I worked hard over the last 4.5 years to lose my preg weight and keep it off...but it seems to have really just hit me this time.  I struggled over the weekend mentally.  I'm trying to keep my head up and keep going, its not like i'm eating cake and ice cream everyday.

gingerbread house contest with all our friends.

@peppersmith22 I hear ya with the commute.  I think my morning averages 1.5 hours and afternoon is just over 1. Its exhausting and i've already told SO that I think going into labor running to my afternoon train is a real possibility
    @fancybelmont I think glucose is 26-28 depending on the doctor
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm with you on that @structuralmama ... my DH is oblivious until I ask him to do things. It drives me nuts.
  • @peppersmith22 It is such a fun tradition! Last year instead of the movie we bought, we ended up watching the Rockette Christmas Spectacular on Netflix! But the beauty of the tradition is that DD either falls asleep or gets very sleepy by the end so it’s much easier to get her to bed. Otherwise putting a 5 year old to bed when they are VERY excited is not an easy task! Lol 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• edited December 2017
    20+3, he's the size of an axolotl (weirdest animal on the ovia app to date)
    Better! Though now I'm at the stage where I'm really hungry, but I can only handle small meals/snacks, otherwise I risk a stomach ache. 
    No, but I had my a/s last week! Found out we'rehaving a boy!
    Not really a rant, more of an eye-roll moment... one of the midwives at my birth center warned me on the dangers of consuming soy now that I know the baby is a boy. All that estrogen might give him boobs! I calmly explained to her that I've read numerous peer reviewed studies on the effects of soy when I decided to go vegan, and that I'm not concerned at all. I then changed the subject before things got any more awkward. 
    This year, my daughter and I will be baking cookies for Santa and leaving them out on christmas eve, along with carrots for his reindeer. I'm looking forward to my midnight treat. Maybe I'll wash it all down with a huge glass of soy milk.
  • @codingchildhood One of the midwives really said that!? I'm in school to be a dietitian so sometimes it scares me what these other medical professionals say about food!
  • @peppersmith22 she even gave me some anecdotal evidence--she told me she gave her sons soy milk when they were little, and now, as teenagers, they have developed breasts. That's about the time I changed the subject lol. 
  • sigh @codingchildhood SMH

My mom is anti soy as well as a vegan.  I can't remember her reasoning but basically its a no.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @codingchildhood that made me lol!! I once had a friend tell me she wont diffuse essential oils in her house because it will cause her son to have low T. Btdubs I don't sell them or anything, I had just bought my first batch and was chatting when she threw out that gem.
  • People believe the strangest things!! And with little to no evidence to back it up, in most cases. 
  • @codingchildhood one of the most frustrating parts of being pregnant for me has been the rampant “advice” that is not at all supported by evidence. It makes me really irritated like we can’t handle being given the facts and make informed decisions...