March 2018 Moms

MOMs(moms of multiples) check in for the week of December 3rd

Hi ladies - This is for all of us expecting more than one little blessing! How are you doing this week? 
Hoping to see posts from @sardavbak@syssa-o , @Gingham ,@lexigirl1228 as we are missing you and hope all is well!

OUR Multiple Mommies!!

37wks cut off @Momma6angels11,@kikikav
38wks cut off @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake,@Mnddnvn,  @amanning2011@Sardavbak
39wks cut off @awolfff

@awolfff EDD 3/8 B/G
@Momma6angels11  EDD 3/9 B/G
@Sardavbak EDD 3/12
@vflux33 EDD 3/14 B/B
@i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake EDD 3/14 B/B
@Mnddnvn EDD 3/16 B/G
@Syssa-o EDD 3/21 B/G
@amanning2011 EDD 3/25 G/G
@Gingham EDD 3/26 B/B
@kikikav EDD 3/29 G/G
@lexigirl1228 EDD ?

1. How far along are you? If your EDD , cut off week, or genders are not above please post that here so I can add it

2. Any recent appointment updates,if not when is your next appt?

3.How much did your babies weigh at your last ultrasound?

4. How are you feeling?

5. Best moment with the babies this week?

6. Did  you buy anything for the  babies  this week?

7. Any  thing you want to share?

8. What vitamins or supplements have you been put on for the twin pregnancy?

Re: MOMs(moms of multiples) check in for the week of December 3rd

• Hi!  Sorry I have not checked in in awhile. I was feeling better for a couple weeks, then the nausea returned :(  Not nearly as bad as before, but it's getting old and I'm ready to like food again!

1. How far along are you?
     If your EDD , cut off week, or genders are not above please post that here so I can add it  24 weeks tomorrow

2. Any recent appointment updates,if not when is your next appt? I had an ultrasound this week - the cyst on baby's brain has almost completely dissolved, but now they found that baby A has an enlarged brain ventricle.  Ugh. Most likely it's nothing, but we have to re-check it every two weeks and pray that it does not get any bigger.  I honestly wish we did not have so many ultrasounds. If this were a "normal" pregnancy, we likely would not even know about these abnormalities and I would not be so stressed and anxious all the time.

3.How much did your babies weigh at your last ultrasound? 1 lb 5 oz and 1 lb 7 oz

4. How are you feeling?  See above - not that great.  Plus I'm huge and uncomfortable!

5. Best moment with the babies this week?  Feeling them constantly move.  It;s absolutely my favorite thing about pregnancy.

6. Did  you buy anything for the  babies  this week? Carseats and a stroller and two fisher price rockers that were only $17 each on Black Friday!

7. Any  thing you want to share? I've gained 32 lbs :/ That's only 3 lbs away from my total weight gain with my son...and he was a 10 lb baby!  Dr said it's in the normal range, but it still feels like a lot of weight to gain that rapidly.  

Nothing other than my normal prenatal.  

Hope everyone is well!  Let's post bump photos?
  • @Gingham congrats on viability today!! Im praying that its nothing for baby A. Im really surprised that they didn't at least add more folic acid in a long time ago. As soon as they found it was twins back at 6wks they prescribed folic acid to take as well as prenatal..
    AFM I will post Tuesday or after as I have my MFM appointment then.

Bump picts sound great!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? If your EDD , cut off week, or genders are not above please post that here so I can add it
    27 weeks on Thursday! 

2. Any recent appointment updates,if not when is your next appt?
    Had my appt with the NP and talked to her about feeling pressured to have a csection and how frustrating it was to have them call to schedule one the day after I met with the OB. She told me:
    1. They want to schedule it more for the doctors, than for the patients. It’s more for coordination purposes than anything else. 
    2. Now both babies are breech...NP says it’s good to see they are able to still move and we will just have to wait and see.
    3. If they don’t flip by 38 wks, a csection is what would be recommended, but that they are 100% on board with a vaginal delivery if they do flip into the head down position.
    4. Iron slow release is preferred because regular iron is harsh on the stomach.

all of this seemed standard to me and my next appt is with the OB, so if she continues to push the csection, I’m just going to try to address it directly with her.

3.How much did your babies weigh at your last ultrasound?
    I didn’t get a weight, but last time at 24 weeks, they were 1lb 10oz and 1lb 11oz. I’ll get an update next week when I see MFM

4. How are you feeling?
    All in all pretty good. Sore and my bellybutton has been super sensitive these days...nothing too crazy.

5. Best moment with the babies this week?
    They are just moving so much more these days! It feels so funny. Im looking forward to being able to really tell who is who though!

6. Did  you buy anything for the  babies  this week?
    Nope

7. Any  thing you want to share?
    No, not really anything new..

folic acid and iron. 

@Gingham I’m sorry! It makes for a much more stressful pregnancy when there is anything outside of the norm...at least that’s been my experience. One thing that helped me was asking the doc “worst case/best case and where do you think we fall” kind of questions. It sounds like they are watching your babes really close, so that’s good! And it also sounds like maybe they are just being extra cautious? If you are able to, I recommend finding a nice peaceful place to relax and not think about it for a moment or two. It helped me to not be so stressed out during my last pregnancy when they told me my son may have a coarctation of the aorta...he didn’t...but I went to a spa paid the 20 dollar day charge and enjoyed the pool, their quiet room and cucumber orange water :)

hope all goes well with your upcoming appointments!!

• Just a friendly reminder that we are warriors! 
  • @momma6angels11 I was also surprised that my RE and OB both said it wasn't necessary to add extra folic acid, but I was so sick in the beginning that I was just happy I did not need to swallow another pill!

@awolloff I did exactly what you said the other say! I went to a spa, got a massage, enjoyed the quiet room and since I couldn't use the jacuzzi or steam room, they drew me a milk bath. It was amazing!  They even brought me a cupcake in the bath, lol.  It did help to just relax for a bit.

@i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake, I am also doubting my plan to work until the babies come.  After sitting 6 hours at a desk I am just DONE.  The last couple hours of work each day have been torture lately.
  • @Gingham that sounds amazing! Glad you got a moment to decompress and relax :)

Loving the bump pics! I would post, but last night was a LOONG night—had constipation like I have never had before (sorry if tmi, ladies!) ended up at the hospital to get an enema and then we came home and our son started barfing everywhere! We can’t seem to digest our food properly in this family :( anyways, when all is well and I’m not so uncomfortable, I’ll get myself in front of a mirror for that bump selfie! 
  • @Gingham - The last two hours of work = hell. I totally agree. I've been taking a 15 min break each hour during last two just to lay on the couch (we have a couch here at work that I've been hogging lately)!  By the time I get home I'm just in pain and my legs and feet are SO SWOLLEN. Hubs bought me compression socks today. yipee (insert sarcasm here). 
  • Hi ladies! I had my 24 week appointment today with my MFM and baby A was 1lb 5oz. Baby B was 1lb 3oz. I was relieved that they were so close in size (since they're identical, we need them to stay within 20% of each other in size) but after the ultrasound tech finished with me she said the doctor wanted a consult with me. Baby A is in the 33rd percentile (so B must be close to that for overall weight) but B's abdomen is measuring a few weeks behind and is only in the 3rd percentile. The doctor didn't give us any diagnosis, but I asked if it could be IUGR and she said it was too soon to tell but could be. I'll have ultrasounds weekly moving forward to monitor them and make sure B is consistently growing but I'm pretty emotional today! Think good thoughts for my girls, please! Here's a bump picture, but couldn't fit my face and bump in the same shot :)