May 2018 Moms
Options

Product Guide- Feeding Supplies

2»

Re: Product Guide- Feeding Supplies

• Options
    If you're really lazy, BLW is the way to go, hahaha.

My style of parenting is "lazy."  
    Same. When I say we roasted a big tray of vegetables I mean to say that we started eating more vegetables because of him. He also loves pizza.
  • Options
    Yes @ivyvines6!! We started eating better in general because I was already making good food for him!! I would snap pictures of his meals and think, this kid is eating like a king!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used Munchkin Latch. I may be wrong, but the only physical store we could find them in at the time was BRU (although they were on Amazon as well).

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=32647646

DD loved these. The reason I picked them out for our registry is because of the valve on the bottom to help reduce the likelihood of colic and also because of the advertised "like the real thing" nipples. DD still had some gas issues, but these worked great for us. We had some Avent bottles that we tried, but she hated the nipples and wouldn't take it for anyone. They also have a sippy cup that mimics the nipple so the transition isn't as scary or hard for baby and parents.

The only downside is after washing, it's easy to forget to put the valves back in, especially if you're in a rush. I accidentally did that when I dropped DD off with the babysitter and had to drive 30 minutes back home after getting to work to get the valves to her.

I also had a boppy pillow and 2 washable covers. Loved it! I also had another brand of nursing pillow, but don't remember what it was. I used it for propping, because it wasn't as full of stuffing as the boppy, which I preferred for nursing. Plus, it was fuzzy and not machine washable.

I have a love-hate relationship with nipple shields. One of my nipples was flatter than the plains and the other was like a mountain peak. I had a hard time getting the hang of using it and DD didn't much care for it, either. But, at least it got stimulation and removed some milk. I had excess milk in the early weeks as well, so I would have to pump after the nighttime feedings and there was always more milk in that breast because of the lack of nursing on it. It took several weeks for my nipple to naturally stick out, but I was so glad when it did and I credit that to the use of the shield and for the pump. I've noticed that it hasn't gone back to flat since we quit BFing over 2 years ago, so hopefully I won't have to fool with the dad-bern thing this time!!
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @doubleblessings1124 I can't believe people would tell you you won't be able to tandem feed!  It definitely takes some work at first, and I had to feed them separately for a few weeks until they, and I, got the hang of it.  But after that, it was so easy, and made my life way easier.  The one thing that sucked was it was impossible to breastfeed in public (they were obviously on the same feeding schedule-which was awesome, but there was no way one would sit and wait patiently for 10-15 minutes while her sister was eating), and there was no way I could take my feeding pillow with me, and sit in public with both breasts hanging out.  So I just got used to pumping before I left and bottle fed them if we would be out.  Don't let people get you down (just curious, have any of those people who have told you you can't do it actually had twins??) and feel free to PM me to ask questions/vent/whatever!  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 Thanks so much for the info and support! Sadly the comment was from someone that doesn't even have kids.  :s
  • Options
    @doubleblessings1124 In that case, this is completely warranted: 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17