Options

Meal Plan Monday 11/27

A normal non-holiday week, yay! This week our main meals are

Monday -Spaghetti
Tuesday -Spanish fish
Wednesday -Leftovers
Thursday -Curry chicken
Friday -Mexican quinoa skillet

Normally I buy all of our weekly groceries on Monday, but the fatigue got me today. I have just plucked up the courage to put on pants to make tonight's dinner.

GTKY -Has your cooking routine changed already? 
I can't brown beef anymore, smells like ammonia. Luckily, DH is always ready to help in the kitchen, whew!
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Meal Plan Monday 11/27

• Options
    Meal plans are out the door this week. The food aversions and nausea is REAL. I bought groceries yesterday and this is what we have in the house:

ingredients for chili
    ingredients for tacos
    bread, eggs, biscuits, jelly, sausage 
    mac & cheese and mixed veggies to mix in
    bagels 
    potatoes and all the fixins
    ham, cheese and slider buns 

So it’s going to be a day by day thing, based on how I feel and what time hubby is home. Today is toast for me and other breakfast foods for DH & DS. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    I had every intention of meal planning this week but then Work happened and I’m too tired to think tonight. DS wanted oatmeal and DD and DH were ok to have leftovers again ha. I’m thinking we’ll do some kind of pasta meal with ham and veggies this week, tator tot hotdish, leftover night and one night is free night because the in-laws cook when we go to their house for bible study. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @djh513 Ohhhh! Chili! I couldn't think of a single thing that sounded appetizing and then you mentioned chili. You're a genius!
  • Options
    Food aversions are real for me right now. I am trying to eat healthy still, but it’s so hard! 
    My husband is gone for work, so just cooking for me and the 5 year old. I baked some chicken and sweet potatoes for lunches and leftovers this week, and we ended up having tomato soup and grilled cheese. It was one of the only things I could stomach tonight and it’s my sons favorite so we might just have it every night for a while  :D
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    We do blue apron or hello fresh usually which I love to keep out of the rut of cooking the same things over and over. But I am finding it more and more difficult to find things on the list that sound appetizers and even more difficult to make it through the meals we receive. What sounded okay a week ago is awful today!!

@echocharlietango I browned ground pork today and couldn’t eat a bite. Smelled like a barn. Yuck. During my last pregnancy I couldn’t touch chicken, but this one is looking a little like no meat at all!
  • Options
    We're so sick of Thanksgiving leftovers, and thankfully gave a lot away to the guests that come to our house. Never want to see a turkey again!

Monday -Meatloaf, broccoli and sweet potato
    Tuesday - Grilled sandwiches and soup
    Wednesday -Lamb burgers with salad
    Thursday -maze gohan,fish and miso soup
    Friday - I've been promised a calzone from my favorite Italian eatery in the area. Right now it sounds like heaven.

I cannot be in the same building as chicken cooking currently. Smells like death. Unless it has been so heavily seasoned it no longer resembles chicken, at which point, why bother.

So that's the plan anyway, but the reality is I'll probably make those things and then end up making oatmeal or a breakfast burrito to eat instead! It keeps happening.
  • Options
    @smm1118 I've always wanted to try Blue Apron! Is it amazing? Does it seem like you save on groceries because you don't buy as much random stuff that goes to waste?
  • Options
    @stlmegs OMG grilled cheese sounds amazing! I think that's what we are going to have for dinner tonight. Yum!

• Options
    Craving some serious pork lomein **as I pick up the phone to order now**