January 2018 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 11/25

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 11/25

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?35 weeks!! Pineapple - 18” and 5lbs (wow!!)

2) How are you feeling? Done. Lol. I know she’s got a few more weeks of baking and this is the “easy” part but I’m so uncomfortable

3) Any appointments this week/last? We have the 35 week growth ultrasound on Wednesday! Super excited for that! Hopefully hubby will be able to make it but if not, DS will  get to see his sister since I made it for after school. His preg I had us every month so it’s weird going this long without “seeing” her 

4) How are baby preparations going? They’re not. Lol! I need to get my butt in gear. I’m so not a nester and I’m the world’s worst procrastinator. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing now 

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year? As mentioned above, I usually procrastinate til the last min. We are also usually out of town for thanksgiving but with baby due so soon we stayed home this year. So I’m actually hoping to get started today! Earliest ever on record ;) Fav traditions are decorating the house and tree (though it’s like 90 degreees here so have to wait on the tree or it’ll be crispy by Xmas lol). 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 34 weeks. Butternut squash. 

2) How are you feeling? Tired, nauseous at night, big belly. Uncomfortable but not as uncomfortable as I was last time. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Nope, not until 12/7. 

4) How are baby preparations going? Just about ready. Nursery is pretty much done. Hospital bags are packed. Car seat installed. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't believe we're so close. DD was born at 36 weeks and that's two weeks away! This is the point when people start giving birth!! ;)

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year? Normally I don't do any decorating until December, usually not until after December 10th (my sister's birthday). However, we decorated early this year due pregnancy. Favorite traditions are watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate, and sitting in front of the fire. As far as changing plans, I'm taking it day by day. 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Loading the player...
  • WOW! You do sound ready! I went 4 days late with my first so I feel like I’ve got all this time but you never know. I haven’t even bought my car seat let alone installed. I was waiting on Black Friday deals lol. And I haven’t even thought about my hospital bag
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

31 weeks, asparagus 

2) How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good. Breathing is getting harder and 10 hour days are getting more difficult but just keeping my eye on the prize. Lol

Nothing until 12/6. Had an appointment on Monday and was told that I needed to start taking it easy.

Things are going pretty good. Got the baby clothes washed today. Will do the sheets and blankets and hats tomorrow. Almost have the nursery complete. Just need some of the little things now.

Nothing right now that I can think of.

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year?

I always wait until 12/1 to decorate. No traditions yet. But I think we will be starting some soon with the baby next year so who knows!

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 33 weeks - celery

2) How are you feeling? My legs are sore, especially trying to roll over in/out of bed. Still on the tail end of a cold, and usually ready for a nap around 2pm (too bad I work).

3) Any appointments this week/last? I had a quick visit on Wednesday and will have a growth scan on 12/7 because I measured large.

4) How are baby preparations going? No new progress. I think we will need to get a new crib mattress (DH wanted to reuse DS's and get him a twin for Xmas) bc when I changed the sheets I noticed the plastic is all cracked.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Poor DS is sick this week. It started with a runny nose, then a cough. Coughs always turn into bronchitis and/or pneumonia with him, but the pedi DGAF until he's a miserable wheezing mess with a 101.5 temp and 92 pulse ox. They either say "it's just a cold nothing we can do" or "why did you let it get this bad you should have brought him in days ago". The last two nights he coughed so hard he threw up in his bed, but they don't care yet. I hate it.

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year? We don't usually start until the weekend after Thanksgiving, or sometimes the week after, but last year I made an advent activity calendar for DS so I need to get that out & set up. DH is planning to put up our lights today. We'll get a fresh tree from the cut-your-own farm and go to the town tree lighting to see Santa. We never really go all out decorations-wise so I don't plan to scale anything back this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

33 weeks, baby is the size of a celery bunch. At the BPP last week they estimated her at about 4 pounds; if they said a height, I didn't catch it.

2) How are you feeling?

Fine, mostly. I have pretty much nightly indigestion, and emotionally I'm a bit more anxious than my usual non-anxious baseline. On the plus side, my good feelings are also a bit higher, lol. They got a shot of her holding nher umbilical cord at the BPP and I cannot deal with how smitten I am with the idea of her playing with stuff.

I'm onto weekly appointments now; weekly BPP and biweekly regular check-ups. This Monday is just a BPP.

Mostly out together, I think. We're making our last big purchases next week, and then it's just washing and cleaning everything. Baby shower is in a few weeks. I still need to schedule a car seat installation check, and I'll probably put off packing a hospital bag for a bit yet.

Is it too early to wash diapers? Or everything? It feels like 7 weeks is still a long time to set stuff sit, but I really want to get to it.

My family tends to do a late lunch on Thanksgiving and then decorate together as a family that evening. We didn't decorate until last night. We decorate stockings every year, but otherwise don't have any hard and fast traditions.

We've done the same decorations we usually do, except my husband didn't let me climb on anything, lol.

• ollydollyollydolly member
    edited November 2017

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 33 weeks – celery (the size of a 33 week baby)

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good. I have 20 work days left before I am off for a full year! WOOT!

3) Any appointments this week/last? Just had the pee, BP, and measurement appointment on Wednesday. Nothing big to report except I apparently gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks and I was like, “Well, I left my shoes on, just ate lunch, haven’t pooped yet, and oh yeah – I’ve rediscovered Turtles ice cream and I eat that every night”. As mentioned before I’ve got weight issues so I freaked a little but also trying to maintain a positive mindset with this.

4) How are baby preparations going? Pretty much set for baby. I think. I don’t know. Stop asking this! I feel like we have everything we need. Luckily if we don’t there are family members and Amazon Prime. What I find annoying to prepare are all the other things – paperwork for mat leave, benefits, training (or getting up to speed) my replacements at work (yup, takes 2 to replace me). We’re also going down to one car for the year of mat leave because the area I live in is super walkable and we don’t need/don’t want to make extra car payments. Ugh – even the idea of trying to find someone to take over the lease makes my head hurt. HELP!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Braxton hicks are some grade A bulls*#t.  

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year? Because we’ve been kidless we don’t really do much at our house. I do have a ridiculous amount of Christmas clothes (elementary school teacher), but our place is always very minimal which surprises people who see my different Xmas outfits every day. There are a ton of traditions from my own childhood I am going to continue once we have a kid to enjoy them. DH has some too that he’s excited about. This Christmas will be our last mellow one so I’m looking forward to it. Actually, next year will be mellow too in terms of gifts for LO because my understanding is that 11 month olds typically like paper and boxes. :-D 

edited: words are hard, y'all

First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • @scatteringashes I don’t think it’s too early since you’ll presumably be putting them in a drawer or something. If they were going back into storage, I’d say it may be. 

@ollydolly I have no experience on having someone take over a lease, but good luck!! 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

32 weeks - plastic scooter board/squash

2) How are you feeling?

I haven’t been feeling too hot. I mentioned it in the weekly symptoms, but my stomach and head have been killing me for about a week. Then, last night, I felt spaced out and like I was going to throw up.

Other than that, still slightly emotionally unstable, but ok.

I start my weekly BPPs and NSTs this week, plus I have my normal OB appointment, so I have three appointments three different mornings this week. Sigh.

I have a place for baby to sleep, a way for him to get home, and some clothes for him to wear. That’s good enough, right? Haha I need to get on top of the rest of it.

My family always decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving. We celebrated Thanksgiving with SO’s family on the weekend because his boys were with their mom, so we haven’t decorated. We will probably decorate next weekend. 

This is mine and SO’s first Christmas living together, so we will have to figure out what traditions we want to do. DD and I will continue our tradition of wearing matching footie jammies.