May 2018 Moms
Options

Feeling baby kicking?!

Hi ladies! Are any of you feeling your baby kick yet? Two days ago, I started feeling little rolls and tiny jabs below my belly button a few minutes after reclining on the sofa. I belt 5 jabs in a row, in one location, and 2 in another soon after.  Now I feel them all the time when I'm sitting down, and my husband was able to feel the last three by touching where I pointed. I'm only 17 weeks along! It seems so early!

Re: Feeling baby kicking?!

• Options
    Not that early.  I felt my first regularly at 16 weeks and my second regularly at 14 weeks.  This one is a little less aggressively mobile than my first two but I'm definitely feeling it here and there.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    That's great to hear! I wasn't expecting to feel anything for quite a few weeks, considering the all that I've read says it can take a while for ftms.  It's truly an amazing feeling
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'v been feeling movements too since aroud 16wks, yesterday my 2yo pressed on my boobs mistakenly and there was a hard and sudden movement, i kept saying sorry baby, it was a mistake, it feels like the LO in there was terrified or hurt in a way from the sudden hard movement. Hopefully baby is fine.
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited November 2017
    I’ve been feeling movement for a couple weeks (I’m 16wks and a STM). It’s like gently popping popcorn. 

Id be surprised if your husband can feel it from the outside though...this is pretty early for that. Maybe he felt your gas bubbles. :#
  • Options
    I’ve felt little pops for about a week and im
    almost 16 weeks now. I have to be sitting quietly to feel them though. No way DH would be able to feel them yet. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    I am in the phase of trying to figure out what is gas and what is baby. My 6 year old asks me everyday if I am feeling the baby. She can’t wait to feel the kicks!
  • Options
    @hotmessmamax3 I am in the same boat. I swear I feel the baby and then realize it’s just gas
  • Options
    I had my first “definitely not gas” last week at 16 weeks. Today I’m 17 weeks and there have been several jabs you can feel on the outside- my lower belly. 
  • Options
    ftminmay18ftminmay18 member
    edited November 2017
    @Ceridwen77 ....They'd be some pretty strong gas bubbles, lol. I would even agree with you, as I tend to err on the side of scepticism. However, my only symptom this entire pregnancy has been gas, and that died down at the end of the first trimester. Also no jabs when I was gassy haha.  @Escardoe... sounds like your LO should be fine.  They're well-cushioned in there.  
  • Options
    I’m 17w2d with my third and have been feeling him for about a week now (before it felt like gas bubbles.) He’s pretty relaxed until around 1am then the somersaults begin. Daddy has definitely felt him a couple times now when he’s in full gymnastics mode, but usually just tiny jabs that I can feel. I don’t remember how far along I was with my girls when I felt them at first. It’s definitely an exciting feeling though. 
  • Options
    I’m 16w tomorrow (TTM) and just the last couple days I’m starting to feel confident that what I’m feeling is the baby moving. Last night I had my hand on my stomach and it almost seemed like I could feel something outside, so I wouldn’t be surprised if DH will be able to feel him in another week or two.
  • Options
    I am 15 weeks and 6 days and felt little taps and rolls.
  • Options
    Last night I took a video you could see my belly button slightly rolling up and down as the baby moved. Looked like he was poking the belly button from the inside
  • Options
    I've felt a couple so far. Definitely a happy feeling!
  • Options
    Ugh, jealous of all of you. I'm almost 18 weeks, but I have an anterior placenta so I think it'll be at least a couple more weeks before I feel anything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    psgouletpsgoulet member
    edited November 2017
    When I lie down I can feel little movements, but mostly it's my placental pulse or abdominal artery pulse that I'm feeling. I know some of it is baby boy, but it's really hard to tell because once I catch my pulse it's hard to pay attention to anything else.
    Movements are super low, well below the abdominal cavity so it really can't be anything other than baby or placenta. I can't wait for him to get stronger
  • Options
    DH had his head on my belly last night and I would ask him if he heard tummy noises whenever I felt a movement. About half of the movements I felt weren't accompanied by audible noise to him. They all felt the same to me, though, so it's hard to say if it was baby or belly! I'm 17 weeks and just itching to know for sure!! If I remember right, I felt my first "for sure" movement with DD at around 18 weeks.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Not yet. I don’t think. I’m 14 weeks 4 days so it would still be pretty early to be feeling anything. There’s definetelty been a good amount of gas rolling around in there though  :|
  • Options
    @abhphilly my sister had an anterior placenta with both babies.  I know she wasn't able to feel much movement with either unfortunately and it was definitely farther along - sounds like you are expecting this.  And her husband wasn't able to feel many kicks at all either on the outside.  I hope you are able to feel more than she did!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first for sure moments today at 17 weeks exactly! I was chilling in my car and felt something very much like kicks...it was super low where the baby is, definitely not where gas usually is haha! 
  • Options
    When I lie down I can feel little movements, but mostly it's my placental pulse or abdominal artery pulse that I'm feeling. I know some of it is baby boy, but it's really hard to tell because once I catch my pulse it's hard to pay attention to anything else.
    Movements are super low, well below the abdominal cavity so it really can't be anything other than baby or placenta. I can't wait for him to get stronger
    I have the same problem but I didn’t realize why I was feeling my pulse in my belly! That makes total sense now. 

I think I have felt a few movements but I usually write it off as gas. I have taken a few baths over the past couple of weeks and I can always notice some movement for the first few minutes of being in the tub. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 ....They'd be some pretty strong gas bubbles, lol. I would even agree with you, as I tend to err on the side of scepticism. However, my only symptom this entire pregnancy has been gas, and that died down at the end of the first trimester. Also no jabs when I was gassy haha.  @Escardoe... sounds like your LO should be fine.  They're well-cushioned in there.  
    So I want to apologize for commenting on your supposed extremely large gas bubbles lol. I am 16wk 3d and I definitely felt outside kicks today!!
  • Options
    psgouletpsgoulet member
    edited November 2017
    So I've been feeling like I'm always pulling an abdominal muscle. If I turn wrong, stretch, move quickly, etc I pull a muscle. Hurts like hell but only for a few seconds. I just figured it was the whole loosening of the abs that has to happen as the baby grows. But last night, due to a cold from hell, I spent a lot of time coughing and sneezing, and it was AGONIZING. Kept pulling my abs with every sneeze. Then I was startled to wake up with a full fledged baby bump. I didn't have one until this morning lol. So weird! I was pretty freaked when I woke up and thought for a minute I'd developed a hernia from the cough LOL.

Now I can feel his movements much better. I guess my abs were keeping my uterus pretty far down and not letting it "pop" Now that the uterus is more out of the pelvic cavity its much easier to discern baby's movements.

• Options
    So I've been feeling like I'm always pulling an abdominal muscle. If I turn wrong, stretch, move quickly, etc I pull a muscle. Hurts like hell but only for a few seconds. I just figured it was the whole loosening of the abs that has to happen as the baby grows. But last night, due to a cold from hell, I spent a lot of time coughing and sneezing, and it was AGONIZING. Kept pulling my abs with every sneeze. Then I was startled to wake up with a full fledged baby bump. I didn't have one until this morning lol. So weird! I was pretty freaked when I woke up and thought for a minute I'd developed a hernia from the cough LOL.

Now I can feel his movements much better. I guess my abs were keeping my uterus pretty far down and not letting it "pop" Now that the uterus is more out of the pelvic cavity its much easier to discern baby's movements.

So it’s impossible to tag you with the periods in your username, but I wanted to say that’s pretty cool actually.
  • Options
     17+1 and still no baby movement :( I know it's still early and some people feel it later, but because I am a worrier it's making me nervous. The baby is above average size, I can definitely feel my uterus and have a decently sized bump already so I kind of expected it feel something. How do you know if you have an anterior placenta?
  • Options
    @thunderberry I’ll be 17 Weeks on Saturday and I still don’t really feel anything yet. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thunderberry your ultrasound tech will usually comment on whether you have an anterior placenta. They may not always do so, however. Maybe ask at your next appointment?
  • Options
    @thunderberry They can tell you really easily in an ultrasound. Don't think there's any other way to know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 @abhphilly They didn't mention anything about it at my scan last week, so I guess that probably means I don't. Although the tech did point out when she saw the placenta. My next appointment isn't until my AS in 3 weeks, so I really hope I've felt something by then or I'll be going nuts!
  • Options
    @thunderberry I'm the same.  I'm 17+1 today and haven't felt anything (we're due date buddies!).  I was definitely freaking out, as I felt movement with my girls a lot earlier, end of 15/beginning of 16 weeks, and everyone had said I would feel it earlier with my second pregnancy.  I was going crazy until I finally heard the heartbeat again on Monday, and I have to wait another three weeks for my AS, too.  I've thought about buying a doppler, but I think I'm just going to try and stay patient and hope that I feel something soon.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    I think i started to feel some movement overnight.  DS was up at 3:30, he leaked through his diaper... I don't blame him for waking.  But as I was sitting with him while trying to get him down, i felt the tugging fish bait sensation that i felt with DS when i first started feeling him.  I also thought it was a bit early, but maybe not, I'm 1 weeks, 1 day.
  • Options
    @sandbar517 woo due date buddies! I considered the doppler too, but decided it might just make things worse. I get so nervous when they're looking for the heartbeat at the doctor's office, and then I'd probably just have that spike of anxiety every day while looking for it! And then I'd lose my mind if I couldn't find it. I did just find a thread elsewhere on the bump of people saying when they first felt movement, and a lot of them, maybe even most, said it wasn't until 18 or 19 weeks or even later, so it made me feel a bit better.
  • Options
    @thunderberry my U/S techs never told me I had an anterior placenta last time.  I found out after one of my last scans when I saw it printed on the report that had all of my stats on it.  So don't count that out!  I didn't feel movement until 20 weeks because of it.
  • Options
    Ok so I guess I lied. They’re moving a lot tonight. Maybe I just sat down long enough to notice it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77! Lol no need to apologize! I also thought that I was hallucinating at first. Once he started making himself known, he hasn't stopped; he's been giving me harder and harder jabs and rolls since (future football player, maybe?).  I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling your LO as well! What an amazing feeling <3